Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I miss last season's Cisse. People keep banging on about lack of service and having played wide for a few matches, but the fact of the matter is unfortunately he has been missing very good chances all season long. If we are going to persist with 4-3-3/4-5-1 the sole centre forward needs to be scoring regularly and keeping the ball up well for the midfield and wide players to get involved. At the moment, Cisse is doing neither I'm afraid.

Some decent competition for his place in the side wouldn't go amiss, this summer. Seems to be doing wonders everywhere else over the park.

I didn't agree before and just wanted strikers like Gouffran to assist him and then replace him when he can't play.

I'm coming around to this line of thinking now though.

I miss last season's Cisse. People keep banging on about lack of service and having played wide for a few matches, but the fact of the matter is unfortunately he has been missing very good chances all season long. If we are going to persist with 4-3-3/4-5-1 the sole centre forward needs to be scoring regularly and keeping the ball up well for the midfield and wide players to get involved. At the moment, Cisse is doing neither I'm afraid.

I would like to see a list of these "very good" chances that he's been missing all season. The service to him as been pretty poor.

I would like to see a list of these "very good" chances that he's been missing all season. The service to him as been pretty poor.

I'm not going to compile you a list just because you suffer from amnesia. Just in January alone he has missed at least five very good goalscoring opportunities, often through not even getting the ball on target. This service argument is very misguided too, he could have got service from Sissoko today when they were both on the break, but he decided to run in Moussa's shadow rather than create space for himself. He's hopelessly out of form. If you can't see that I don't know what you're watching.

He had 1 chance today and was (from what I saw) unfairly judged offside when he would have been in 1 on 1 in another.

Honestly we just need to forget the first half of the season and start judging players from afresh, and Cisse since the new signings have arrived has looked a better player imo, he needs goals obviously but I don't think he's exactly missing sitter after sitter, he had one header today after he pealed away from the defence, but because he missed his target everyone immediately jumps to call him a knacker, regardless of how difficult the chance actually was.

It was happening against Villa and Chelsea too.

He had 1 chance today and was (from what I saw) unfairly judged offside when he would have been in 1 on 1 in another.

Honestly we just need to forget the first half of the season and start judging players from afresh, and Cisse since the new signings have arrived has looked a better player imo, he needs goals obviously but I don't think he's exactly missing sitter after sitter, he had one header today after he pealed away from the defence, but because he missed his target everyone immediately jumps to call him a knacker, regardless of how difficult the chance actually was.

good post and how I sees it too. Cisse has played better but is still lacking the outrageous goal scoring form from last season.

The run was offside, but it was a good run tbh. That header from the Colo cross though, he had so much space and time, to not even work the 'keeper is criminal for a top striker.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's becoming a very limited player for us if he isn't scoring. We need to upgrade to a better all-rounder in the summer. Mind the service to him has been poor all season, that and playing him wide at times and the constant fucking long ball.

He's becoming a very limited player for us if he isn't scoring. We need to upgrade to a better all-rounder in the summer. Mind the service to him has been poor all season, that and playing him wide at times and the constant f***ing long ball.

Would make far more sense to just stop pretending Jonas is a adequate player for the wide role. 1 decent cross into the box all game for him, man.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's becoming a very limited player for us if he isn't scoring. We need to upgrade to a better all-rounder in the summer. Mind the service to him has been poor all season, that and playing him wide at times and the constant f***ing long ball.

Would make far more sense to just stop pretending Jonas is a adequate player for the wide role. 1 decent cross into the box all game for him, man.

Agreed, I like Jonas but work-rate alone is not enough. He is absolutely awful on the ball these days and has been all season long. Keep him as a squad player but remove him from the first-team. He had time and space at one point in the game to put a cross in and he simply passed it into Dawson. How can anyone be so deficient in crossing is beyond me. He isn't even strong these days either, he can barely hold off a player or run with the ball well. He looks shot actually.

Guest alijmitchell

Would still have Demba Ba over him like.

IMO he needs to work on coming deep and/or wide to offer more for the team.

Like I said, flash Darren Bent. Hope he proves me wrong.

I remember Cisse coming deep quite a few times actually, and was thinking he should have been sitting further forward...