Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Is there a screenshot floating around of the first?

i don't think Cisse was offside when Sissoko passed to him to bundle it in but do think one of them was earlier in the move when Sissoko was put clear.

Sissoko was definitely, definitely on when Obertan passed it when ESPN analysed it earlier.

i don't think Cisse was offside when Sissoko passed to him to bundle it in but do think one of them was earlier in the move when Sissoko was put clear.

Sissoko was definitely, definitely on when Obertan passed it when ESPN analysed it earlier.

can't understand it being chalked off then as Cisse was definitely onside when Sissoko passed to him, sure he was behind the ball.

Guest neesy111

can't understand it being chalked off then as Cisse was definitely onside when Sissoko passed to him, sure he was behind the ball.

The offside was for Sissoko not Cisse.

For all my criticism if I was Pardew I would be taking him to one side tonight, tell him to ignore the ridiculous decisions, tell him how intelligent his run was for the first and how quality his movement and finish was for the second. Really try to hammer home that he did score two goals and if it wasn't for s**** officiating he would have practically won us the tie. Also praise him for not letting his head drop after the first was ruled out.

We should be using this game to really boost his confidence as much as possible.

The reason I am so critical is because I know he is far better than he has shown this season. Keepers don't get to his shots in the positions he has gotten into so he needs to improve that side of the game in his current form. He is capable of so much more which is why he has been more frustrating than someone like Williamson who I know has performed to the near the level he is capable.

This is a top top post man. Exactly how I feel and I'd like to this Pards (who I rate as a man-manager) will be doing tonight, tomorrow and until the next match.

Guest neesy111

http://i.imgur.com/khU5rXQ.png

he's onside in that screenshot.

http://i.imgur.com/ErIup.png

Guest neesy111

The grass is green too.

Couldn't tell for the smoke at the game.

Could smell that all around the ground, idiots who set them off.

The grass is green too.

The grass is green too.

we'll get fined and possibly made to have that section empty for a game. Was stupid but it help crank up the atmosphere in the 2nd half

"Papiss has not seen the replays yet. It will hinder his sleep when he does. Last three to four games he has had more chances than all season because Sissoko is opening up gaps for him. He is a natural finisher and got into good positions and was unlucky not to score."

This is true. Papiss playing of Sissoko has opened up our play so much more. The problem last night was a lack of movement off the ball from the rest of the front four. Obertan was decent at it in the first half but faded quickly in the second.

In my opinion, this is also a reason for Anita to be playing ahead of Tioté when we need to unlock the opposition. His movement drags people out of position, and his approach remings me a little of Sissoko's in the sense that he passes and always looks to move.

But Sissoko playing off Cissé, it looks a vast improvement on what we've seen this season. Especially with Gouffran's movement from the left and Hatem slaughtering people from the right.

Can't wait to see all of them.

Cisse getting stick on twitter seems a bit harsh to me.  Scored two goals, unlucky with one and should have scored the one on one and header.  If it finished 2-0, with him getting both (which it obviously should have) then the tone would be different.  It would have been 5 genuine chances for him, 2 goals, 1 decent effort on his weaker foot, 2 chances he should have scored.  Not really that bad for a striker is it?

People go on like he's massively different to last season.  He's playing pretty much the same IMO, with one BIG difference.  He's not scoring the outrageous ones.  All this, 'he scored with every shot' is bollocks.  He'd often miss easy chances and sitters, then score an outrageous goal.  Which would often mask the constant offsides and chances that he missed.  Norwich was the perfect example of this and his debut against Villa to a point.

I am pleased he's getting the chances now at least, as he barely got a look in with Ba at times.  We're creating more as a team and the system suits him.  He's an instinctive finisher, that always seems rushed and inconsistent when he has time.  Nothing has changed in that regard.