Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Thing is teams should always be set up based on what their strikers strengths and weaknesses are.

If you have Andy Carroll then you sit deep and play directly to him and feed off him, if you have Papiss Cisse you should be looking to pass through midfield and feed him ( like we did when he first joined the club).

To do the opposite is idiotic, it just makes no sense on any level to ask these players to do something they are not capable of to the detriment of your team.

Imagine if we played fast, free flowing counter attack football with Carroll as our CF because doing what we are doing with Cisse now is just as stupid.

Its not rocket science, you play in a style which suit your CFs strengths not weaknesses.

I am still not convinced that Cisse misses that many more chances than most strikers to be honest.

Annoys the f*** out of me wen he tries to dink it over the keeper instead of just finishing in a more effective manner.

Benfica away against the post (2nd half) should have been buried.

v WBA last week onto the roof of the net.

Deplorable attempts at making himself look clever at the teams expense.

These are split decisions he's getting wrong but don't think it's to boost his ego though, just generally isn't doing the right thing at the right time.

Agree with this.

It's made the more annoying because he's so very reliant on service other than his wonder goals. Good movement true but he doesn't create chances to miss via strength, pace or skill. He works hard but he doesn't create loads for his team mates either. So when he has a golden opportunity, we are counting on him tucking them away.

Thing is teams should always be set up based on what their strikers strengths and weaknesses are.

If you have Andy Carroll then you sit deep and play directly to him and feed off him, if you have Papiss Cisse you should be looking to pass through midfield and feed him ( like we did when he first joined the club).

To do the opposite is idiotic, it just makes no sense on any level to ask these players to do something they are not capable of to the detriment of your team.

Imagine if we played fast, free flowing counter attack football with Carroll as our CF because doing what we are doing with Cisse now is just as stupid.

Its not rocket science, you play in a style which suit your CFs strengths not weaknesses.

Again agreed, what we are doing is only highlighting his weaknesses. I do get on his case during or after a match, but if am honest he's on a hiding to nothing most of the time, so when he does get an easy opportunity and skies it, or misses an almost open goal it gets people's back up.

The style you talk about is rather extravagant. A lot of the best sides in the world who do pass it through the midfield can also launch it long to their striker.

Up top by yourself, you need to work the opposition defence.

I am still not convinced that Cisse misses that many more chances than most strikers to be honest.

Annoys the f*** out of me wen he tries to dink it over the keeper instead of just finishing in a more effective manner.

These are split decisions he's getting wrong but don't think it's to boost his ego though, just generally isn't doing the right thing at the right time.

Agree with this.

It's made the more annoying because he's so very reliant on service other than his wonder goals. Good movement true but he doesn't create chances to miss via strength, pace or skill. He works hard but he doesn't create loads for his team mates either. So when he has a golden opportunity, we are counting on him tucking them away.

Strength, pace or skill, nail on head. He hasn't got the strength of say Drogba, the pace of Bellamy or the skill of Berbatov (all off the top of my head but you get the drift) therefore you can't stick him upfront and play it to his head, him running on to the ball or in to his feet. He has a little bit of everything but no major stand out, however with a partner or ample support around him his all roundness would shine and why I'm not so against Carroll coming back as others are.

I don't think it's his fault he doesn't creat for others, one he's a goalscorer, so selfish infront of goal, secondly there is just nothing around him most of the time if a pass has come in to him ss it's direct and he's already in front of goal or those who should be around him are totally flat footed and out of attacking position due to the direct pass.

A lot of the best sides in the world who do pass it through the midfield can also launch it long to their striker.

Name them, because no one aimlessly hoofs from the CBs to the CF with no support in sight like we do.

Yes Dortmund ping long passes to Lewandowski, but its not aimless and he always has support around him.

It wouldn't be so bad if we hit long balls to Cisse and there was players around him and not 40 yards away.

Annoys the fuck out of me wen he tries to dink it over the keeper instead of just finishing in a more effective manner.

While that might win you a few brownie points down the pub, in reality the best strikers will use the dink in an effort to beat the onrushing keeper. It's all about angles and you have to make a judgement in a split second. The fact he's dinking it shows football intelligence rather than blasting it blindly against the keeper.

A lot of the best sides in the world who do pass it through the midfield can also launch it long to their striker.

Name them, because no one aimlessly hoofs from the CBs to the CF with no support in sight like we do.

Yes Dortmund ping long passes to Lewandowski, but its not aimless and he always has support around him.

It wouldn't be so bad if we hit long balls to Cisse and there was players around him and not 40 yards away.

You could knock it long to a prime Torres. Chelsea spent close to a decade doing it to Drogba.

Mandzukic is great at aerial duals.

City - Dzeko.

Arsenal - Giroud

The list goes on.

I also mean in general just harassing the defence. Pace, skill etc. something to force the team up.

While that might win you a few brownie points down the pub, in reality the best strikers will use the dink in an effort to beat the onrushing keeper. It's all about angles and you have to make a judgement in a split second. The fact he's dinking it shows football intelligence rather than blasting it blindly against the keeper.

Aye, the best strikers go for the dink. How silly of us.

Not that I claim to know the go to moves of the best strikers in the world. But going around the GK seems a popular thing, I dunno.

Aye, the best strikers go for the dink. How silly of us.

Not that I claim to know the go to moves of the best strikers in the world. But going around the GK seems a popular thing, I dunno.

How many strikers do you see going round the GK in the premier league?

You could knock it long to a prime Torres. Chelsea spent close to a decade doing it to Drogba.

City - Dzeko.

Arsenal - Giroud

The list goes on.

I also mean in general just harassing the defence. Pace, skill etc. something to force the team up.

So you named all teams who don't aimlessly hoof a 50 yard ball and when they actually do send a long ball always have players to support the striker in question.

Which doesn't happen under Pardew, well done.

City - Dzeko.

Arsenal - Giroud

The list goes on.

So you named all teams who don't aimlessly hoof a 50 yard ball and when they actually do send a long ball always have players to support the striker in question.

Which doesn't happen under Pardew, well done.

You are getting far too technical here mate. Big strikers would score more goals from set pieces, doesn't really matter what happens for the rest of the 90 mins according to some football geniuses.

Cisse is a 1 in 2 striker for us. If he keeps that up I don't care how crap he is.

Well, therein lies the problem, doesn't it? He's gone from a 1 in 1 striker in the league last season (accept he was never going to keep that up) to a 1 in 3,5 striker (across all competitions, 1 in 4 in the league) this season. Had he scored 1 in 2 this season I doubt we would be where we are as a club and anybody would single him out for criticism.

He's almost identical to Darren Bent. Clinical goalscorer who bums the offside trap.

He offers nothing to to our build up play and any manager who attempts to use him in any other way is a complete tool.

I suspect a better manager might see him as a problem.

Guess who has 101 goals in 238  PL appearances?

Clue: He can't get a game in one of the few teams that are below us because he does nowt else but look for runs in behind and score goals.

:mackems: Fucking pathetic man.

He's almost identical to Darren Bent. Clinical goalscorer who bums the offside trap.

He offers nothing to to our build up play and any manager who attempts to use him in any other way is a complete tool.

I suspect a better manager might see him as a problem.

Yeah you'll often see Darren Bent scoring goals out of nothing like :D

He has some similarities to Bent in the way he plays.  Though he did get involved a lot more with our play when he first arrived, so it could be Pardews instructions and formation that have changed that.

Guest loven Mag 11

Guess who has 101 goals in 238  PL appearances?

Clue: He can't get a game in one of the few teams that are below us because he does nowt else but look for runs in behind and score goals.

Adam le Fondre?

Bent?

Guest VanBarduck

Let's just wait a few years and see how Cissé is one of the best striker of PL , Newcastle is strange place , Jenas and Dyer were compared to Keane an Viera when they played for NUFC .

Making things up now :lol:

Also i might be bias but i'd argue Cisse is closer to being one of the best strikers in the league than he is not being good enough to play for a top 10 club. :dontknow:

Am I making things up ?

http://nufc.com/html/2003-03-19barcelona-h.html

Sir Bobby himself wouldn't dare doing this kind of comparison ? Well he did...

Cisse is a 1 in 2 striker for us. If he keeps that up I don't care how crap he is.

Well, therein lies the problem, doesn't it? He's gone from a 1 in 1 striker in the league last season (accept he was never going to keep that up) to a 1 in 3,5 striker (across all competitions, 1 in 4 in the league) this season. Had he scored 1 in 2 this season I doubt we would be where we are as a club and anybody would single him out for criticism.

He's averaging 1 in 2 since he signed nearly 18 months ago, which includes half a season on the wing and the other half of the season in an very unproductive team. Things can surely only get better on the pitch and that'll only benefit Cisse.