Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I like goof, glad to have him here but want him to be the player off the bench, basically replace Shola while having two good strikers on the pitch at once, one could be Cisse but we certainly need another.

If people want a wide forward then Cisse needs to be sold, he's not strong enough mentally or physically to lead the line, he himself is a second striker, and when he's not on form, bring on goof for him, this is what I want to see next season. That main striker For me would be Bony or Carroll from who we've been linked with.

We need another two - if it stays as it is and Cisse or Gouffran got injured next season it would be a total nightmare. You hope that the club has learned from its mistakes.

As if we will buy two strikers and have Cisse & goof on our books. Fantasy stuff. If Shola left then maybe, jut maybe we may pick up another striker, but it won't be for much money, certainly not Bony & Auba style players.

Cisse is class - his goal scoring record is excellent.  Even at 20mil it would be madness to sell him - as it is we are struggling to replace Ba.  Even with Cisse here we need two more strikers.

Cisse is class - his goal scoring record is excellent.  Even at 20mil it would be madness to sell him - as it is we are struggling to replace Ba.  Even with Cisse here we need two more strikers.

Thank you. People are fucking mental wanting to sell him. Our only fucking goal threat :lol:

I like goof, glad to have him here but want him to be the player off the bench, basically replace Shola while having two good strikers on the pitch at once, one could be Cisse but we certainly need another.

absolutely this, bin shola then: cisse, new, gouff and campbell would be fine to start the season

selling cisse, FFS

Realistically, if a club is offering you far more than a player is worth, then you should take it. Last time around, the policy seemed to be to hang on to what we had, and spend only a limited amount. That was a mistake.

I know what people are going to say - a) that if we sell Cisse, we won't re-invest the money and b) we should spend more without having to release any other players to finance the deals. I don't believe that a) is the case and b) isn't realistic.

There's pressure because we're said to be a club that 'sells its best players' so regardless of the fee there's going to be a backlash from the supporters. The club just have to grit their teeth and back their judgement. We shouldn't be afraid to trade, providing we come out on the right end of any deals.

The only way I could accept Cissé being sold would be if we had already signed two first team strikers. Our strike force is Cissé. Shola's goal return means he can't be classed as a striker. Campbell is unproven and should really go out on loan before we start relying on him. Will Gouffran be a regular goal scorer? Based on his half season I'm yet to be convinced that he will score more than 10 goals a season. We can't sell before we buy. We are still waiting for Ba's replacement (Gouffran can be classed as Best or Lovenkrands replacement). Who knows if we'll manage to get suitable replacements in? Newcastle failed to buy De Jong last Summer. There's no guarantee that we'll get the players we need.

Guest neesy111

Well if we sell him i think we are expecting a replacement

We still haven't got a direct replacement for Ba.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/papiss-cisse-not-trying-manufacture-4037056

By Neil Cameron

Papiss Cisse is NOT trying to manufacture move away from Newcastle United

1 Jun 2013 07:45

Papiss Cisse is not trying to manufacture a move away from Newcastle United – despite yesterday’s link with cash-rich Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala.

A Russian newspaper carried a report that heavily suggested a £15m bid was imminent for the 27-year-old striker.

But the Chronicle understands that Cisse would prefer to extend his current contract at St James’ Park and remain on Tyneside for what should be the peak years of his career.

Yesterday was the first time this summer that Newcastle have been seriously mentioned regarding a would-be transfer out of the club as the rumour mill begins in earnest.

And while it could be argued that £15m would be a good price for Cisse, he is a top-class goalscorer and – apart from Shola Ameobi, whose time at the club may be coming to an end – is the only senior first-team striker.

Newcastle fans do not want him to leave and were understandably alarmed when leading sports newspaper Izvestia, who work close with Anzhi, led with the Cisse story.

The report attributes quotes from Cisse’s apparent agent, Guido Nickolay, who said: “Papiss really is interested in several Russian clubs, but the call exactly what the team hoped to buy my client, I would not want to, because it will not be very correct on my part.”

But there are doubts surrounding Nickolay, who we understand has not worked for Cisse for almost a year.

Anzhi, who United beat in the Europa League, do have pots of money and the world’s top earner, Samuel Eto’o, on their books.

The Senegalese managed 13 goals in 47 games last season and remains hugely popular with the supporters, who admire his work rate and especially his important goals that helped Newcastle remain in the Premier League.

Realistically, if a club is offering you far more than a player is worth, then you should take it.

Firstly Cisse is worth more than £20Mil -  the guy is a 'proven' goal scorer in the Premiership and the goals he scores are utter class. When you think up until January Pardew had him playing out wide, to finish the year with 13 goals for the service he got was nothing sort of brilliant.  If it wasn't for his goals we would be down.  Which takes me to my next point - EVEN if you thought £20Mil was good for him, you need to take into account the loss to the club should the lack of his goals next year send us down.  We cannot go into next season without 'at least' one striker who has proved he can score goals in this league.

Cisse is clearly seriously under rated.  At the end of last season before last when he was scoring goals from everywhere would you have said then £20Mil was a fair price?  I am not convinced you would.  We have one bad season and suddenly people become bad players?  I would even throw Tiote in that bracket.  We need to keep this squad together - it was this group of players who got us a whisker away from Champions League football.  I am not saying they will again but it certainly shows the potential of the team.  We need to be adding to it not selling any of our best players, whatever the price.  Cause you never know if the replacement will be half as good.  Just look at Ba - so far Gouffran is the only striker to come in.  And lets be honest he is average at best.

If we sold Cisse for £20m-£25m then I think the majority of that money will be used to bring Carroll in and we will get 1-2 cheap options up front. If we don't sell him I can see us bringing Carroll in in anyway and at least 1 young cheap option.

I'd rather not sell Cisse just so Ashley doesn't have to re-invest much money. Cisse's main problems this season has been not enough support/service, and playing out of position. Getting him a partner would solve that and we will start to see the Cisse we saw last year.

the squad's not deep enough to have a one in one out policy, we need to bolster it. The club also needs to keep in mind if they can get a good full season from Cisse surely his price will rocket, albeit another bad one and the gamble won't have paid off. He's a great finisher who we've seen go on an unbelievable sustained streak, I still think he can recreate that if our football improves.

I understand that the footy won't improve while Pardew is here, but as soon as we start rebuilding the squad to Pardew's hoofball, we'll still do badly, his replacement, assuming an improvement will be left with a shit squad. Just have to hope Pardew has learned ( :lol: ) to play to his team's strengths (can't believe that a manager would even have to learn this)

Well ok he didn't and he won't...maybe should buy carroll, some tall defenders, get Pulis in as assistant coach, get some players who can throw the ball far...

I'd never sell Cissé.

Then again, I never trust Mike Ashley & co.

I'd like us to become a top 5 side playing attractive football.

Then again, Mike Ashley & co is happy with just avoiding relegation.

Guest Roger Kint

It seems the buy cheap sell high philosophy has now been embraced  :weep:

Fucking hell they havent even bid yet man. Some people on here actively look to find bad news :lol:

Realistically, if a club is offering you far more than a player is worth, then you should take it.

Firstly Cisse is worth more than £20Mil -  the guy is a 'proven' goal scorer in the Premiership and the goals he scores are utter class. When you think up until January Pardew had him playing out wide, to finish the year with 13 goals for the service he got was nothing sort of brilliant.  If it wasn't for his goals we would be down.  Which takes me to my next point - EVEN if you thought £20Mil was good for him, you need to take into account the loss to the club should the lack of his goals next year send us down.  We cannot go into next season without 'at least' one striker who has proved he can score goals in this league.

Cisse is clearly seriously under rated.  At the end of last season before last when he was scoring goals from everywhere would you have said then £20Mil was a fair price?  I am not convinced you would.  We have one bad season and suddenly people become bad players?  I would even throw Tiote in that bracket.  We need to keep this squad together - it was this group of players who got us a whisker away from Champions League football.  I am not saying they will again but it certainly shows the potential of the team.  We need to be adding to it not selling any of our best players, whatever the price.  Cause you never know if the replacement will be half as good.  Just look at Ba - so far Gouffran is the only striker to come in.  And lets be honest he is average at best.

:mackems:

:mackems:

He played 20 0f the 16 games he started at right back man ffs!

:troll: