Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

OK - Selling papiss would be mad. He is an awesome striker and we should do "anything" to keep him and make him happy. Selling him will also have negative effect on the squad...we need to keep (all) our key players for the next season. Next season is our last chance to achieve something big with this squad. It has the potential!

Last season we were s*it and he had no service. NO SERVICE.

He is the main reason we stayed up! If we started producing chances and playing good he will easily make 15 goals or more next season. NO DOUBT!

These disallowed goals are a bit of a red herring as they are just something that is expected off that type of player. You just have to accept that a certain number of goals will be given offside (correctly or not)  and then expect goals to be scored on top of that.

An 8 goal striker isn't the reason we stayed up.

what about those injury time goals out of nothing...

He played a big role in us staying up then, happy :tongue:

A better striker would have scored the several chances he fucked up during the games way before any injury time drama.

His goals were important, only he needs to double that tally before I can call him a serious goal threat.

A better striker would have scored the several chances he fucked up during the games way before any injury time drama.

His goals were important, only he needs to double that tally before I can call him a serious goal threat.

Usually he does double that tally.

A better striker would have scored the several chances he f***ed up during the games way before any injury time drama.

I would have him down as a serious goal threat already. He is our only serious goal threat. We rely on him far too much to produce the goals. He did miss a hell of a lot of chances last season and it could have been costly but i think he under performed just like the rest of the squad and manager did but i don't think that takes away the fact of him being a serious goal threat in his entire career to date.

Usually he does double that tally.

In this league and in this team he's has a special 5 months then an absolute wash out of a season, I'd settle for somewhere in-between that next season. I think his time here is enough to judge him off, if he has another poor season next season then he's simply that level of player who happened to have an epic arrival to the league then faded to his usual self.

Pardew has a lot to answer for but Pardew doesn't make him miss from 5 yards.

Btw he's only got that (double this season) once in a top league.

37 in 65 for Freiburg, 21 in 50 for us, 11 in 22 for Senegal. According to wikipedia, which I guess is near enough. That'll do me like.

I don't understand the point about him not being a goal threat at all. For me he looks one of the most natural predators I've ever seen, always looking and thinking about scoring. He didn't have a good season, but nobody did. The problem we had was our team wasn't functioning.

Can't understand why we would do anything other than just play him, support him and enjoy his goals.

37 in 65 for Freiburg, 21 in 50 for us, 11 in 22 for Senegal. According to wikipedia, which I guess is near enough. That'll do me like.

I don't understand the point about him not being a goal threat at all. For me he looks one of the most natural predators I've ever seen, always looking and thinking about scoring. He didn't have a good season, but nobody did. The problem we had was our team wasn't functioning.

Can't understand why we would do anything other than just play him, support him and enjoy his goals.

No one said he isn't a goal threat, but 8 league goals isn't a serious goal threat for a striker who's played the majority of our games. Its a shame he is our only real goal threat, he needs help (a striking partner) or he needs more goals, simple as that. Another season like that and we will be looking at another relegation battle.

Again no one said we don't enjoy his goals, he still gets support both on here and in the stands while we don't pick him, (not being funny) but Im not really sure what the point of that last sentence is. ???

His 8 goals wouldn't have been such an issue if everyone else in our team, bar Cabaye from set pieces, wasn't utterly inept at sticking the ball in the back of the net.

He had a poor season but the myth about him fucking up loads of chances is just irritating, it got to the point where every fruitless shot at goal was met with "Cisse man!" and it seems to have stuck :lol:

2 of the best forwards in the world probably fluffed more clear cut chances against each other in the 2nd leg of the Madrid/Dortmund semi-final than Cisse did in half of a season.

EDIT: He should have scored a few more mind, I don't disagree with that.

He had a poor season but the myth about him fucking up loads of chances is just irritating, it got to the point where every fruitless shot at goal was met with "Cisse man!" and it seems to have stuck :lol:

2 of the best forwards in the world probably fluffed more clear cut chances against each other in the 2nd leg of the Madrid/Dortmund semi-final than Cisse did in half of a season.

This is just utter bollocks like  :lol:

Guest neesy111

His 8 goals wouldn't have been such an issue if everyone else in our team, bar Cabaye from set pieces, wasn't utterly inept at sticking the ball in the back of the net.

That's the main issue we are a shite at the moment.

I agree, however this is his thread and his downfalls are being highlighted. We can talk about the rest of the team and how shit they were in the respective threads, no?

He has to carry the blame for his short comings, and there were plenty last season. The fact i'm not just going 'fuck off cunt' like i feel with pardew or Jonas mean i still hold out hope for him and want him here, he just needs to improve on last season.