Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I have a hard time siding with any decision based on religion. Sorry Papi  :(

Me too, but the same could be said about decisions based on money. Like having Wonga as a sponsor.

Neither side is really wrong TBH, obviously Cisse's interpretation of Islam is a bit 'flexible' but that can be said about the vast majority of religious people.

The vote is currently:

Yes, Wonga is unethical and his beliefs should be respected 17 (33.3%)

Not sure, Wonga aren't the best company but he should just get on with it 17 (33.3%)

No, it's a load of nonsense and he's out of order 17 (33.3%)

:lol:

Where is the 0.1%?

There is no 0.1%, as the .3 in 33.3% is a recurring number.

33.3% +33.3% + 33.3% = 99.9%

My mind is blown

Just showing there is a 0.1% but people are ignorant to it so dismiss it by answering it does not exist.

:lol: What are people dismissing out of ignorance?

The vote is currently:

Not sure, Wonga aren't the best company but he should just get on with it 17 (33.3%)

Where is the 0.1%?

My mind is blown

Just showing there is a 0.1% but people are ignorant to it so dismiss it by answering it does not exist.

:lol: What are people dismissing out of ignorance?

People don't believe in tenths. It's just not a unit most humans register.

If I may offer a different take on this I think the whole thing is pretty stupid to be honest. I'm sorry but just browsing through the Wonga website it's pretty damn clear what the interest rate is, pages to break down how it's calculated and understood and how it's applied to short term 'payday' loans only. Their advertisement seems to revolve around that principle but when are people gonna start taking responsibility? If you sign an agreement to lend £100 or whatever and have it paid off within 2 months with the clear total cost outlined you've only got yourself to blame for not paying it back. no other lending company in the world would shrug these cases off over moral principles man, the same rules apply for everybody.

Aye the APR is extortionate but what's the government done about it?

As others have mentioned nobody had a problem with Northern Rock / Virgin Money who would still take action if you couldn't pay their loans back and still charge interest. Rich coming from a bloke who sits in Aspers like.

If it's because they don't offer 0% interest rates under Sharia law well that's a personal choice based on religious beliefs but f*** me man, all this over a shirt sponsor.

If I may offer a different take on this I think the whole thing is pretty stupid to be honest. I'm sorry but just browsing through the Wonga website it's pretty damn clear what the interest rate is, pages to break down how it's calculated and understood and how it's applied to short term 'payday' loans only. Their advertisement seems to revolve around that principle but when are people gonna start taking responsibility? If you sign an agreement to lend £100 or whatever and have it paid off within 2 months with the clear total cost outlined you've only got yourself to blame for not paying it back. no other lending company in the world would shrug these cases off over moral principles man, the same rules apply for everybody.

Aye the APR is extortionate but what's the government done about it?

As others have mentioned nobody had a problem with Northern Rock / Virgin Money who would still take action if you couldn't pay their loans back and still charge interest. Rich coming from a bloke who sits in Aspers like.

If it's because they don't offer 0% interest rates under Sharia law well that's a personal choice based on religious beliefs but f*** me man, all this over a shirt sponsor.

This.

I've been out of the loop for a bit and just catching up here. Can't believe this is an issue, fuck off with your religious crap keep that made up bullshit out of the sport. We've been sponsored by a bank who offer loans since Cisse has been employed by the club, what really is the difference here as JS says people need to take responsibility for their own actions, really.

The vote is currently:

Where is the 0.1%?

My mind is blown

ARE YOU REAL

:lol: :lol:

Guest icemanblue

An angle I don't believe has been explored is the pressure Cisse might be under to make some kind of protest from external bodies. I know he has his charities, and is involved with his community back in Senegal. What's to say he's not getting it in the ear from religious groups linked to these? There's obviously a lot more to this than we currently know as, outwardly, he doesn't appear to be the most strict or devout Muslim.

The reason he will still be here is because nobody will want him, his reputation took a massive hit last year.

This Wonga shit is all hyped up media bollocks.

The reason he will still be here is because nobody will want him, his reputation took a massive hit last year.

This Wonga s*** is all hyped up media bollocks.

Unless that PFA representative statement is fake it's more than media bollocks tbf.

The vote is currently:

Where is the 0.1%?

My mind is blown

ARE YOU REAL

:lol: :lol:

Just saw this. :lol: Fuck sake Stifler.

Guest neesy111

An angle I don't believe has been explored is the pressure Cisse might be under to make some kind of protest from external bodies. I know he has his charities, and is involved with his community back in Senegal. What's to say he's not getting it in the ear from religious groups linked to these? There's obviously a lot more to this than we currently know as, outwardly, he doesn't appear to be the most strict or devout Muslim.

What about his family as well? 

The vote is currently:

Where is the 0.1%?

My mind is blown

What in the name of fucking God? :lol:

You're mad yee like, it's a recurring theme.

Guest icemanblue

I best not comment any further.

Guest neesy111

fuck off with your religious crap keep that made up bullshit out of the sport.

Seriously, you've just discredited anything you've wrote with ridiculous statements like that.

Up there with the Stifler billion that one.. :lol: I wonder what a third of a Stifler billion amounts to, probably Pi * the conversion rate of GBP to Indian rupees..

I can't get my fucking head around it, is he saying there's a conspiracy or something? Recurring numbers are the work of the devil? Fuck knas, it's beyond my intellect, that's for sure.

:pards:

Guest neesy111

Why?  I was just saying he might be under pressure from his family members back home, is another reason for his viewpoint.

Seriously, you've just discredited anything you've wrote with ridiculous statements like that.

Aye he's dropped 15 places in the credible posters league.

Why?  I was just saying he might be under pressure from his family members back home, is another reason for his viewpoint.

You both have very pertinent points.

It feels almost as if we don't know 100% of things that go on behind the scenes at NUFC. Very troubling.

Aye he's dropped 15 places in the credible posters league.

Aye, and with no Founding Father badge to boost his credibility mana, he's gonna find it really hard to get back into the top 400.