Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

probably already been mentioned, but he spends a lot of time in aspers for someone opposed to gambling.

He should just get on with it imo, I take the point on virgin money not charging the interest wonga do etc but an interest bearing loan is an interest bearing loan, he's either against it or he isnt.

Its an angle to get away IMO.

My bet is he will take the russian payday.

Seems like a storm in a tea cup if you ask me.

He'll end up wearing a sponsorless shirt and that'll be the end of it.

Papiss loves the Toon man  :love:

Why would Wonga agree to that?

I don't imagine Wonga could do anything about it in any event.

They need positive PR, rocking the boat isn't going to be top of their list.

These contracts will have stuff in them requiring all players to wear shirts with the sponsor et etc.

Aye, do people expect a sponsor to just hand over the money and not have a contract in place detailing the terms of the agreement?

These contracts will have stuff in them requiring all players to wear shirts with the sponsor et etc.

No doubt about it, it'll form part of the contract, but if Papiss (or anybody else) absolutely refuses to wear the shirt, then IMO, he'll be on the pitch in a sponsorless shirt.

So from an Islamic point of view, can someone tell me what the difference between Virgin Money and Wonga is please.

You go to heaven and get loads of virgins, you go to hell and get lots of wonga

No doubt about it, it'll form part of the contract, but if Papiss (or anybody else) absolutely refuses to wear the shirt, then IMO, he'll be on the pitch in a sponsorless shirt.

They can just decide to wear whatever they like then? Unless the club and Wonga are willing to budge, he'll either wear the shirt or be shown the door realistically.

Fucking Barclays man, they've been fiddling PPI from people since the mid 90s and got caught red handed fiddling interest rates.  ON that alone, the premiership should have ditched them in one.

Yeah right.

Its all rank man, you cant pick and choose.

They can just decide to wear whatever they like then? Unless the club and Wonga are willing to budge, he'll either wear the shirt or be shown the door realistically.

This. Sponsorship is serious money for serious reasons.

So from an Islamic point of view, can someone tell me what the difference between Virgin Money and Wonga is please.

Many people would consider Wonga to be usurious. All Western banks violate Islam by charging interest, but the excessive interest charged by Wonga may simply be more egregious.

Guest reefatoon

I am sure if it was someone like Man Utd or Chelsea who had Wonga as a sponsor and bid for Cisse, he would have no trouble at all pulling the shirt on.

Just stinks of us being a bit shit, him not liking it and thinking of a way to fuck off.

I am sure if it was someone like Man Utd or Chelsea who had Wonga as a sponsor and bid for Cisse, he would have no trouble at all pulling the shirt on.

Just stinks of us being a bit s***, him not liking it and thinking of a way to f*** off.

Feels like the bottom line like.

I don't think Wonga would be too happy with Cisse in a sponsor-less shirt, especially if he is banging them in and becoming the face of the club next season.

I've no doubt they'd be pissed but what's the alternative for them? Star striker sold to facilitate a short term sponsorship arrangement?

I just can't see it myself. Still, time will definitely answer it one way or another.

I don't blame players for being fed up with the hackjob-wheeler-dealer setup and lack of results and ambition but I'd much rather they just be up front. A quality lacking from top to bottom though I'm afraid. Hate football atm now like.

I don't think Wonga would be too happy with Cisse in a sponsor-less shirt, especially if he is banging them in and becoming the face of the club next season.

I've no doubt they'd be pissed but what's the alternative for them? Star striker sold to facilitate a short term sponsorship arrangement?

I just can't see it myself. Still, time will definitely answer it one way or another.

Complete and utter speculation, but if that scenario saw the club make money then I'm pretty sure they'd go for it.

Guest reefatoon

I don't blame players for being fed up with the hackjob-wheeler-dealer setup and lack of results and ambition but I'd much rather they just be up front. A quality lacking from top to bottom though I'm afraid. Hate football atm now like.

Totally agree