Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Aye not the right board/thread for it, but I just find it funny that something as large and diverse as banking can be impliedly portrayed as intrinsically morally dubious :lol: Sign of the times though as you say.

Whilst I am one who doesn't believe in the concept of religion, I do respect other people's beliefs. So I think we should respect Cisse's wishes - if he doesn't want to wear the shirt with Wonga on it, then so be it. But, as simplistic as it sounds, I think they'll come to a reasonable compromise in the end, I'm sure Cisse doesn't want to leave us so I do think he'll try everything possible to come to a simple solution for all.

He plays in a league sponsored by a bank, plays against teams with betting and gambling sponsors, has a huge drinking culture associated with it, has its kits made in sweat shops by the poor and flogged to the masses for 50-60 quid a pop.

You play football in england, take the wage, then you gotta accept it f***ing wreaks to high heaven of s***.

I like how 'bank' has been turned into a dirty business :lol:

Also, don't think what other teams wear has any impact on his convictions over what he personally does/wears/promotes. Same goes for the drinking culture.

I don't especially care one way or another mind you, I'm just fake-arguing for the sake of it :lol: He does shisha which I don't think is in line with Islamic beliefs, just for balance :razz:

Without going into too much detail, the Banks really haven't done themselves any favours recently.

If by 'recently' you mean in the past few centuries I concur.

Whilst I am one who doesn't believe in the concept of religion, I do respect other people's beliefs. So I think we should respect Cisse's wishes - if he doesn't want to wear the shirt with Wonga on it, then so be it. But, as simplistic as it sounds, I think they'll come to a reasonable compromise in the end, I'm sure Cisse doesn't want to leave us so I do think he'll try everything possible to come to a simple solution for all.

He plays in a league sponsored by a bank, plays against teams with betting and gambling sponsors, has a huge drinking culture associated with it, has its kits made in sweat shops by the poor and flogged to the masses for 50-60 quid a pop.

You play football in england, take the wage, then you gotta accept it f***ing wreaks to high heaven of s***.

Also, don't think what other teams wear has any impact on his convictions over what he personally does/wears/promotes. Same goes for the drinking culture.

I don't especially care one way or another mind you, I'm just fake-arguing for the sake of it :lol: He does shisha which I don't think is in line with Islamic beliefs, just for balance :razz:

is it not?!

First time I ever saw shisha pipes was in Tunisia, which is a predominantly Arabic country.  Last cafe I visited was ran by a Moroccan too.

Doubt there's unanimity on the topic, but:

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/127312

is it not?!

First time I ever saw shisha pipes was in Tunisia, which is a predominantly Arabic country.  Last cafe I visited was ran by a Moroccan too.

It's harmful to the body so against Islam but its a minor crime compared to gambling.

You play football in england, take the wage, then you gotta accept it fucking wreaks to high heaven of shit.

Out the fucking park.

*standing ovation*

The Premier League is amongst the least morally decent sporting institutions in the world.

It'd be nice if, once in a while, we saw players doing something - anything, even an angry tweet might be a start for some of these fucking self obsessed retards - to show an objection to things like charging 75 quid for a kids replica kit, season tickets costing 800 quid, and the fact that no matter how much money flows into the game, it never, ever seems to end up at the grass roots.

Cisse has probably not noticed that he's playing in the Barclays Premier League - Barclays being one of the more stomach churningly offensive, crooked money lenders out there. If he was really arsed, he might have thought about that before coming over to play in it.

I am entirely sensitive to people having religious issues with this or that, but I have a really funny feeling that the answer to this is going to lie in money, as in more of it, for him.

The vote is currently:

Yes, Wonga is unethical and his beliefs should be respected 17 (33.3%)

Not sure, Wonga aren't the best company but he should just get on with it 17 (33.3%)

No, it's a load of nonsense and he's out of order 17 (33.3%)

:lol:

And here are those results, sponsored by Wonga.

Yes, Wonga is unethical and his beliefs should be respected 17 (1,128%)

Not sure, Wonga aren't the best company but he should just get on with it 17 (967%)

No, it's a load of nonsense and he's out of order 17 (1,455%)

You play football in england, take the wage, then you gotta accept it fucking wreaks to high heaven of shit.

Out the fucking park.

*standing ovation*

The Premier League is amongst the least morally decent sporting institutions in the world.

It'd be nice if, once in a while, we saw players doing something - anything, even an angry tweet might be a start for some of these fucking self obsessed retards - to show an objection to things like charging 75 quid for a kids replica kit, season tickets costing 800 quid, and the fact that no matter how much money flows into the game, it never, ever seems to end up at the grass roots.

Cisse has probably not noticed that he's playing in the Barclays Premier League - Barclays being one of the more stomach churningly offensive, crooked money lenders out there. If he was really arsed, he might have thought about that before coming over to play in it.

I am entirely sensitive to people having religious issues with this or that, but I have a really funny feeling that the answer to this is going to lie in money, as in more of it, for him.

A lot of outside opinions are that he's being selfish, looking for a move or more money. He's hiding behind religion to do this and it pisses me off considering how much the club has done to welcome religion, culture and beliefs to new players, to our expense and even our detriment, ie having players under strengthed during Ramadan.

Don't get me wrong, all worth it and very proud of our efforts, but it then to be thrown back in our faces by a hypocrite is disgusting. He's a poor Muslim (I think the term goes) by standards, he's got nowt to be standing against.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Is he going to refuse to play our one game a season in the FA cup because it's sponsored by Budweiser ? Why is shagging in a rowing boat like drinking Budweiser ? It's the closest  thing to fucking water.

Seems like a storm in a tea cup if you ask me.

He'll end up wearing a sponsorless shirt and that'll be the end of it.

Papiss loves the Toon man  :love:

Why would Wonga agree to that?

good PR for them to say they're sensitive to peoples religious beliefs or some shit like that?

good PR for them to say they're sensitive to peoples religious beliefs or some s*** like that?

Good PR for a week or global brand name exposure for 4 years, I know where my money is.

good PR for them to say they're sensitive to peoples religious beliefs or some s*** like that?

Good PR for a week or global brand name exposure for 4 years, I know where my money is.

Wonga needs NUFC more than NUFC needs Wonga.

Wonga needs NUFC more than NUFC needs Wonga.

Really? Our players refusing to play in the shirt with our new shirt sponsor on it hardly paints a good picture for other prospective shirt sponsors. Also, why would Wonga need us more than we need commercial income, an area where we have been significantly weaker in terms of financial results than the clubs we are trying/used to compete with? They could flash their cash at any other Premiership club outside of the top tier and be accepted in all likelihood.

I don't imagine Wonga could do anything about it in any event.

They need positive PR, rocking the boat isn't going to be top of their list.

Guest neesy111

I don't imagine Wonga could do anything about it in any event.

They need positive PR, rocking the boat isn't going to be top of their list.

These contracts will have stuff in them requiring all players to wear shirts with the sponsor et etc.