Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I'm really pulling for Gouffran to get a run in that striker role btw. He was a 1 in 2 striker in France in that position.

Holds the ball up better than Cisse, as he's tougher and does a great job of shielding it. And he'll also work the channels more, and likely won't stray offside as much.

It's an opportunity for Gouffran this. Hope he grabs it.

Guest Phil K

If we we're sponsored by Ladbrokes would he have a problem I wonder?

Doesn't mind picking up his 60K/week salary does he.

The staggering hypocrisy of both the player and his sympathisers beggars belief.

So Wonga are what they are ? Most banks are, FFS.

Guest bimpy474

He gambles which is also not allowed by his religion. Wonder why he does that, maybe because he enjoys it. If this turns out to be true, he's a hypocrite and get the GTFO with his cherry picking bullshit.

Personally i don't think it's as bad as it's being made out to be. I think it's more to do with him fasting for Ramadan ding dong.

I think it's more to do with him fasting for Ramadan ding dong.

If it was I find it hard to believe even a PR dept. as bad as the one at NUFC wouldn't have released a statement (to Sports Direct News) saying so.

Maybe we're waiting for JFK to phone TalkSport though.

Guest bimpy474

I think it's more to do with him fasting for Ramadan ding dong.

If it was I find it hard to believe even a PR dept. as bad as the one at NUFC wouldn't have released a statement (to Sports Direct News) saying so.

Maybe we're waiting for JFK to phone TalkSport though.

Fair point, he's a knob then.

Guest Geordiesned

Don't have a problem with him kicking up a stink about this. Shows character to be this firmly behind his beliefs, better to stand up against a morally repugnant brand than just get his head down and get on with it. Quite a big difference between giving them publicity by refusing it and having a large number of photos of him in the kit and a massive grin on his face.

Bullshit, he wore a Virgin Money shirt last season, they lend money for profit, he's just being a twat looking for more money or a way out.

Fuck me more made up guess work than Ryder!

If its because of the sponsor, how is it any different than last year?

Virgin Money also has interest on their loans, and isn't that the case with muslims ?

Hope he stays, won't get anyone better in a million years.

Virgin Money offer loans for Muslims, sharia banking if you will. That particular brand of high street banking is also such an integral part of society, something that has been around so long there has probably been a degree of modernisation and acceptance from Muslims too. It would be extremely hard for anyone to go about their day to day lives without banks.

Payday lenders are a completely different beast. They're relatively new entities that cater to those in dire need and make vast sums of cash off the back of individuals who don't have a lot to begin with. You don't need to be a religious person to feel extremely uneasy that there's an entire industry sprung up around lending money to people who are struggling to get by at frankly eye watering rates of interest. It's sick. And these cunts are associated with our club. And in a region where unemployment is through the roof and more and more people have to rely on them.

I'm really pulling for Gouffran to get a run in that striker role btw. He was a 1 in 2 striker in France in that position.

Holds the ball up better than Cisse, as he's tougher and does a great job of shielding it. And he'll also work the channels more, and likely won't stray offside as much.

I'd go as far as to Ba > Cisse > Gouffran is a massive decline.

Bit like how Bruce managed to turn Bent, Gyan, Welbeck and Campbell into Bendtner, Wickham and Ji

I'm all for players having the freedom to express their personal beliefs, but not selectively. If he had a moral objection to interest-bearing loans, then he shouldn't have worn a Virgin Money shirt. A principle is a principle, or should be. It's particularly unfortunate because there's such a strong (and understandable) anti-Wonga sentiment that helps push this thing forward in the national media.

Either way, I really do wish we had a less ridiculous sponsor.

If its because of the sponsor, how is it any different than last year?

Virgin Money also has interest on their loans, and isn't that the case with muslims ?

Hope he stays, won't get anyone better in a million years.

Virgin Money offer loans for Muslims, sharia banking if you will. That particular brand of high street banking is also such an integral part of society, something that has been around so long there has probably been a degree of modernisation and acceptance from Muslims too. It would be extremely hard for anyone to go about their day to day lives without banks.

Payday lenders are a completely different beast. They're relatively new entities that cater to those in dire need and make vast sums of cash off the back of individuals who don't have a lot to begin with. You don't need to be a religious person to feel extremely uneasy that there's an entire industry sprung up around lending money to people who are struggling to get by at frankly eye watering rates of interest. It's sick. And these c***s are associated with our club. And in a region where unemployment is through the roof and more and more people have to rely on them.

So if I became a Muslim could I stroll into Virgin and ask for an interest free loan then?

Guest bimpy474

Cisse point about Wonga is fair and valid, but it's laughable when he breaks several other of his religions rules because he enjoys them.

The whole things a joke and for once i'm not blaming the club.

Cisse point about Wonga is fair and valid, but it's laughable when he breaks several other of his religions rules because he enjoys them.

Seems as if he wants away like.

Which leads me to think he is objecting on a personal level not a religious one. He's clearly not a strict Muslim. I doubt it's his faith that is the stumbling block here.

No more pissing around over this sell him as there is no middle ground, he won't wear the shirt we are not going to change sponsor. So him leaving is the only outcome, wasting time in an already non moving transfer window will only hurt us more.

Love him but he has to go so we can move on.

I'd go as far as to Ba > Cisse > Gouffran is a massive decline.

Bit like how Bruce managed to turn Bent, Gyan, Welbeck and Campbell into Bendtner, Wickham and Ji

Gouffran's actually a good striker though, he'd scored 22 goals in the season and a half before joining us.

The problem is him openly endorsing the pay day loan company, with ridiculous a apr. He doesn't promote gambling or anything else to others by having it emblazoned across his chest each week.