Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

The other worrying thing about this is the knock-on effects it may have on the other players. Cisse seems like quite a happy-go-lucky, friendly guy to me and those who've met him say the same. Generally he plays the game with a smile on his face. I can't imagine him being precluded from a pre-season training and team-building trip with the rest of the entire playing squad is something that they feel too cracking about, particularly considering he's our number one striker.

I wouldn't assume that Cisse has the support of the other players. The other Muslim players aren't raising the same objection, and I would imagine a large part of the squad feel that Cisse is being hypocritical, for the same reasons as several on here.

Is that scenario any better?

Well if most of the squad are generally understanding of the Club's stance, morale and unity won't be affected as much.

Obviously the players know Cisse better than any of us on here. I just think you're making an assumption about their attitudes to the overall situation.

I'm not making any assumptions, I'm saying it worries me that there may be disgruntled players or as you suggest splits in the camp. Either way, we don't need this.

Probably wouldn't bother the sponsors so much if he wasn't the only player allowed to score a goal or enter the opposition penalty area.

allowed ? after ba left it seemed we didn't have anyone bar cisse who had it in their game, see why sissoko was pushed forward. it's not ben arfa's game to get in the box, nor cabaye's or jonas, gouffran always got ther late but, if you think the they were told "don't go in the box" then thats up to you.

Makes me laugh so many people saying "he's picking and choosing what he wants from Islam"

Err so? That's what religion is. The Christians on our team don't murder children that disrespect their parents (as far as I know) so they're picking and choosing what they want from the Bible too.

I just hope it gets sorted out so that Cisse is happy to play for us.  Any other result is unsatisfactory. I'll always back him ahead of our loyalty to a bunch of scumbags like Wonga.

Makes me laugh how people are able to pick and choose what elements of religion they like but they still hold the high groung in your eyes.

Makes me laugh so many people saying "he's picking and choosing what he wants from Islam"

Err so? That's what religion is. The Christians on our team don't murder children that disrespect their parents (as far as I know) so they're picking and choosing what they want from the Bible too.

I just hope it gets sorted out so that Cisse is happy to play for us.  Any other result is unsatisfactory. I'll always back him ahead of our loyalty to a bunch of scumbags like Wonga.

Makes me laugh how people are able to pick and choose what elements of religion they like but they still hold the high groung in your eyes.

Isn't being religious, almost by definition, in a society likes ours today a matter of picking and choosing, though?

That's largely how, if you take away the influence of insane fundamentalists - of every religion - religions survive?

Isn't being religious, almost by definition, in a society likes ours today a matter of picking and choosing, though?

That's largely how, if you take away the influence of insane fundamentalists - of every religion - religions survive?

to a point, the problem being if you pick and choose you have to be consistent with what you choose.

to a point, the problem being if you pick and choose you have to be consistent with what you choose.

Quite right. I chose to ignore all of it.

*drinks booze, gambles, lends money, eats pork, beef, draws cartoon of Allah*

Oooh I'd like to see that.

(madras in get rid of non-nufcers off the board attempt)

(only kidding brummie  ;))

Wonga are scum.

barclays are scum also, he's objecting to only one, why ?

I guess cause he doesn't have to wear it on his chest.

does it make a difference that it's on his arm ?

I can't read his mind bro but I'm not going to criticise him for making a stand. Not enough people make stands these days is why society has gone to fuck. ;)

Wonga are scum.

I guess cause he doesn't have to wear it on his chest.

does it make a difference that it's on his arm ?

I can't read his mind bro but I'm not going to criticise him for making a stand. Not enough people make stands these days is why society has gone to f***. ;)

like i said eariler though, you have to be consistent.

Oooh I'd like to see that.

(madras in get rid of non-nufcers off the board attempt)

(only kidding brummie  ;))

It's ok, I'm going to post a series of them on RTG

Wonga are scum.

You can't compare Barclays and Wonga - they are two completely different businesses

Wonga are a horrendous company and it was a sad say when they were announced as our club sponsors and I don't care for how much money.  Newcastle was once a proud club MA has turned it into one of his cheap shops.  Cisse is making a stand, forget what the papers say, this is more a morale stand than a religious one.  It's an absolute joke the club have allowed it to get to this point.  Is it too much for the Club and Wonga for that matter to show a little respect and say fair enough as a gesture of good will we'll allow you not to wear the shirt.  Wonga would have had some 'good' publicity out of it and everyone would have been a winner.  As it stands the club is in a mess, more bad publicity and a VITAL player unhappy and potential out of the door.  And for what?

Wonga are scum.

You can't compare Barclays and Wonga - they are two completely different businesses

Wonga are a horrendous company and it was a sad say when they were announced as our club sponsors and I don't care for how much money.  Newcastle was once a proud club MA has turned it into one of his cheap shops.  Cisse is making a stand, forget what the papers say, this is more a morale stand than a religious one.  It's an absolute joke the club have allowed it to get to this point.  Is it too much for the Club and Wonga for that matter to show a little respect and say fair enough as a gesture of good will we'll allow you not to wear the shirt.  Wonga would have had some 'good' publicity out of it and everyone would have been a winner.  As it stands the club is in a mess, more bad publicity and a VITAL player unhappy and potential out of the door.  And for what?

And Barclays, on the other hand, are cunning, LIBOR fixing wankers who have done far more damage to our economy than Wonga ever will.

Wonga are reprehensible scum, but sadly, Barclays are too.

Wonga are scum.

You cannot just make things up and claim them as fact like :lol:

Wonga are a shithouse company but from what we actually know their morality has nothing to do with why he is refusing to wear their logo, it's the fact they are a money lending company who make a profit on their loans.