Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Roger Kint

How exactly does a logo on his work uniform affect his ability to practice his faith? Fair enough he has moral objects to it but fucking hell lets not go daft here  :lol:

Well if his faith (in his opinion) instructs him not to wear it, he isn't practicing it properly if he does.

Theres so many contradictions in religion, to say it affects how he does it is ott in my opinion. Its not an issue for others who feel they are capable of being a muslim and wear a small logo at the same time.

Guest liquidtoon

Sorry, but he's paid to do a job, and terms of contract state he needs to wear a uniform. To me, that's the end of the discussion.

If I started harpin' on about not wearing my uniform for work, I'd get disiplinary action too.

No player, or person for that matter, is bigger than the club.

What does it matter what Wonga's business is? They're not breaking the law so there's fuck all we can do.

How exactly does a logo on his work uniform affect his ability to practice his faith? Fair enough he has moral objects to it but fucking hell lets not go daft here  :lol:

Well if his faith (in his opinion) instructs him not to wear it, he isn't practicing it properly if he does.

Theres so many contradictions in religion, to say it affects how he does it is ott in my opinion. Its not an issue for others who feel they are capable of being a muslim and wear a small logo at the same time.

Yeah of course, I agree with that. But because it isn't an issue for others doesn't mean he's wrong to think it's an issue for him. As you said, people interpret religious laws in their own way.

Guest Roger Kint

Yeah of course, I agree with that. But because it isn't an issue for others doesn't mean he's wrong to think it's an issue for him. As you said, people interpret religious laws in their own way.

I am not arguing his decision to not want to wear it he is entitled to dislike the thing on moral grounds, i was talking about the fact it prevents him practicing his religion which it doesnt. Thankfully his gambling, receiving interest on his wages and other little perks which offend Allah fit into how he interprets it. I am not at all convinced this isnt either a bargaining tool for more money or an attempt to leave over this moral decision anyway. My only real concern is how it affects NUFC and its not good whatever the reason tbh.

He wants out. Simple as . Hes using this all as an excuse to manufacture a move.

No player asks for a move now, cos it hits them in the only place any of them care about (regardless of religious and spiritual beliefs)...their pocket.

Look at Rooney. wants away, wont ask for transfer cos itll cost him.

This c***s the same.

f*** him. bye.

Total fabricated BS imo, all this nonsense about being offended.

Realises our club is a f***ing shambles, wants to negotiate a pay increase (it is being alleged) and is using this as a tactic. A tactic in either a) he gets offered more money (lets see how quickly his objections evaporate if this is the case) or b) hes sold. picks up loyalty bonus for not asking for move, signing on fee from new club and new contract.

f***ing mercenary c***s the lot of em.

Sorry, but he's paid to do a job, and terms of contract state he needs to wear a uniform. To me, that's the end of the discussion.

This is the bitch. In an average job the employer would be well within his rights to terminate the employees contract, but that's obviously never gonna happen here.

As far as I know, there is not another profession in the world other than sportsman where you wear a uniform displaying other brands unassociated with the organisation you work for and are photographed and videoed wearing this uniform, and having this seen by millions of people across the world.

So comparisons to average joes wearing uniforms for run of the mill companies does not mean a shit.

The longer this drags on, the possibility of us having to use an unfit or a new and unfamiliar striker come season proper. Either that or Shola will have to get this.

Whether we sell/buy/replace, I just wish we get this over and done with quickly. This Wonga issue has been on since January and they still have not found any resolution ffs.

I'll bet there's something in all of our players contracts about displaying logos etc. Doing interviews in fron to those sponsor wall things. It's just the club is powerless to enforce it.

And that's why, as someone above said you can't compare it to real world jobs. None of our employers paid £10mil to sign us.

How exactly does a logo on his work uniform affect his ability to practice his faith? Fair enough he has moral objects to it but f***ing hell lets not go daft here  :lol:

He'll be seen as endorsing Wonga if he wears our shirt.

This is the bitch. In an average job the employer would be well within his rights to terminate the employees contract, but that's obviously never gonna happen here.

Cisse hasn't refused to wear our shirt, he's refused to advertise Wonga.

Guys, I thought the problem is the fact that Wonga don't offer any muslim friendly loans, i.e. Most banks offer loans for muslims where they don't get charged interest, and instead offer other forms of payment for the loan. Wonga don't do this, and therefore are morally reprehensible.

Do other banks really offer interest-free loans for Muslims?  I was under the impression that they just offered bank accounts which didn't pay/charge interest.  If that's the case why doesn't everyone convert to Islam before taking out a loan.

Guys, I thought the problem is the fact that Wonga don't offer any muslim friendly loans, i.e. Most banks offer loans for muslims where they don't get charged interest, and instead offer other forms of payment for the loan. Wonga don't do this, and therefore are morally reprehensible.

Do other banks really offer interest-free loans for Muslims?  I was under the impression that they just offered bank accounts which didn't pay/charge interest.  If that's the case why doesn't everyone convert to Islam before taking out a loan.

They're not interest free, they just package the interest in a fairly retarded manner to make it appear to Allah as if there is no interest. They're deceiving Allah basically.

He wants out. Simple as . Hes using this all as an excuse to manufacture a move.

No player asks for a move now, cos it hits them in the only place any of them care about (regardless of religious and spiritual beliefs)...their pocket.

This c***s the same.

f*** him. bye.

Realises our club is a f***ing shambles, wants to negotiate a pay increase (it is being alleged) and is using this as a tactic. A tactic in either a) he gets offered more money (lets see how quickly his objections evaporate if this is the case) or b) hes sold. picks up loyalty bonus for not asking for move, signing on fee from new club and new contract.

That'll be the Rooney who doubled his money a couple of years ago by handing in a transfer request?

That's your opinion but it is only speculative. It's frustrating that we will never know what really goes on with anything.

My perception of Cisse runs contrary to yours, but maybe that's a carefully cultivated public image.

This c***s the same.

f*** him. bye.

Didn't Freddy Kanoute do the same thing at Seville? Did he want out? As far as I know, the sponsors came to an agreement with him where he could wear a non-branded jersey as long as he complied in some other fashion, but as far as I know Kanoute stayed with Seville.

Guest bimpy474

This c***s the same.

f*** him. bye.

Didn't Freddy Kanoute do the same thing at Seville? Did he want out? As far as I know, the sponsors came to an agreement with him where he could wear a non-branded jersey as long as he complied in some other fashion, but as far as I know Kanoute stayed with Seville.

Kanoute went on to wear the shirt with the sponsor on a couple of games later, not sure why like, seems odd to suddenly drop your objection.

They're not interest free, they just package the interest in a fairly retarded manner to make it appear to Allah as if there is no interest. They're deceiving Allah basically.

It is ridiculous that system.

Secondly, fucksake, he can make a decision on entirely moral grounds if he wants, I respect morals far higher than religious doctrine, and so should everyone. If you don't believe something is right, stand up for yourselves.

Nothing has been said by Cisse on this matter, and I won't be calling him worse than shite before I hear a club statement or something from his representatives.

Spot on.

A vocal minority of posters on here are sounding like EDL members in my opinion.

Cisse is entitled to his beliefs, and has the human right to say no to anything that affects his ability to practice his faith.

The real minefield, is having established that right can he still play for us in his terms, or does the club have the right to suspend him until they can make the sale?

FIFO in my john humble like, exactly like when we were relegated and Nolan, Smith and Barton said the same to the likes of Martins, Duff and Bassong.

To be honest, I'm not particularly au fait with the laws, I was just making the point that this is the reason that Wonga isn't the same as many high street banks in the eyes of Islam. Comprende?

Guest bimpy474

Secondly, fucksake, he can make a decision on entirely moral grounds if he wants, I respect morals far higher than religious doctrine, and so should everyone. If you don't believe something is right, stand up for yourselves.

Nothing has been said by Cisse on this matter, and I won't be calling him worse than shite before I hear a club statement or something from his representatives.

Spot on.

A vocal minority of posters on here are sounding like EDL members in my opinion.

Cisse is entitled to his beliefs, and has the human right to say no to anything that affects his ability to practice his faith.

The real minefield, is having established that right can he still play for us in his terms, or does the club have the right to suspend him until they can make the sale?

Really shite bit that. There has not been one bit of racism or EDL nonsense, anti religion yes. I detest religion in all guises, absolute hogwash and complete bollocks of a thing.

It's not about his complaint which is perfectly valid, it's the hypocrisy in some of our eyes when he gambles. As some have said, he can pick and choose as he pleases from his religion, to what he agrees with and what he doesn't, that's the bit i don't agree with.