Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I'm losing patience with him.  Isn't it 10 games without a goal now?

Its not that is concerning me so much, its the utter lack of overall play which to me is limiting how good the team can be.

You're getting it Mole. Everyone always asks what the other lads can do for him but what does he do for them? He offers so little in general play that it's one of the prime reasons we struggle to create chances or sustain momentum.

The goals highly concern me though.. he's not scoring... so what is the point of him? I'd give him Hull to find the net.. if he doesn't score against them send him to the glue factory..

Such a massive Cisse critic, yet you still don't have the balls to recommend he's dropped for the next match. What a pile of meaningless guff you have contributed here over the last few months.

If you think back to all the decent strikers we have had in the last 20 years, they all had something to contribute even if they went through a dry spell of goal-scoring ; Shearer had aggression, movement and the ability to hold up play and bring others into the game ; Bellamy had raw pace, Ferdinand had decent pace and strength as well as aerial ability, Cole had pace and movement(was probably the closest in style to Cisse albeit a better all round player), Kelly never stopped running and harassing defenders, Peacock had all round skill but lacked size.....all these players were still an asset to the side when not scoring. Even the likes of Viduka had strength and skill on the ball although at the end of his career - only Owen was a disappointment but not as much as Cisse has been over the past year or so. I always thought Cisse would find it tougher in his second PL season but not as tough as he found it - the goals record tells you that....

We all thought he was given a tough job last season and people thought he would be more dangerous after Ba left but this proved to be a false hope. He is hopeless as a target man, cannot hold the ball and even though Remy was playing on Saturday, Cisse didn't seem any more comfortable but Remy was playing more of a wide role on the left and he and Cisse don't look a compatible partnership because Cisse needs the support of a big striker in the middle.

That is why I said we would rue not getting another central striker in before the deadline - Cisse is proving that he is a poacher and ONLY a poacher - in the current set up, his type of player cannot work because he lacks pace and the strength on the ball to beat defenders in a one against one situation.

At his age - 28 now - he won't get any better ...looks a shadow of the player from almost 2 years ago.

Cannot see an answer to this because Ashley will not do what is necessary to sort out the problem.

I'm losing patience with him.  Isn't it 10 games without a goal now?

Its not that is concerning me so much, its the utter lack of overall play which to me is limiting how good the team can be.

You're getting it Mole. Everyone always asks what the other lads can do for him but what does he do for them? He offers so little in general play that it's one of the prime reasons we struggle to create chances or sustain momentum.

The goals highly concern me though.. he's not scoring... so what is the point of him? I'd give him Hull to find the net.. if he doesn't score against them send him to the glue factory..

I don't disagree with the overall post. Just one point though, about him not doing enough for others. He created the space for both goals at Villa imo. His movement was correct in that he drifted towards the penalty spot and preoccupied 2 CB's, while Remy/Gouffran and HBA had the space to move into and make a telling contribution. Aye he wasn't really involved much throughout the 90 but he is still a lethal finisher that teams will worry greatly about especially dead center of the penalty box.

Yet another reason why we absolutely MUST play 433 as it's the only formation that suits Cisse, especially Cisse lacking in confidence and seemingly out of sorts.

He's needs his confidence back. His poor form has lasted too long now. I love Papiss but it's not good enough now. If he could bag a couple against Hull it would do the world of good form him.

Aye, he needs to get back to the goals like otherwise we need to look to replace him (Although as we can't get an additional striker, replacing him seems unlikely).

I want first season Papiss back

How long can we put up with his bad form though?

Gouff came off the bench and scored surely he deserves a chance in the starting 11, it would also give us more flexibility as he and Remy could interchange positions.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gouff start a few up there and drop Cisse to bench for a few just to see difference.

I wouldn't argue with anyone who say's Gouff should start but personally think we should stick with Cisse for the time being, we are starting to create more and i think it will only take one goal to set him off on a run. Along with that, i'd like to see that team from Saturday remained unchanged until we see some glaring errors, for now i don't think Cisse is one.

I wouldn't argue with anyone who say's Gouff should start but personally think we should stick with Cisse for the time being, we are starting to create more and i think it will only take one goal to set him off on a run. Along with that, i'd like to see that team from Saturday remained unchanged until we see some glaring errors, for now i don't think Cisse is one.

Oh I think it would be good to retain same team for quite a few games, if an opportunity arises though we should drop Gouff in, maybe start him for Leeds match

:thup:

I can't decide right now, sticking with him is all good and he is getting more chances, but I wouldn't be against giving him a couple of games out of the team to regroup. Depends on his mindset I suppose.

Sammy          Remy          HBA

Not sure the sum of that is better than with Cisse in TBH.

I can't decide right now, sticking with him is all good and he is getting more chances, but I wouldn't be against giving him a couple of games out of the team to regroup. Depends on his mindset I suppose.

Sammy          Remy          HBA

Not sure the sum of that is better than with Cisse in TBH.

I agree, but it could have its merits. A recovering Remy will have less to do in terms of running up and down the pitch, and Sammy's unpredictability will still keep fullbacks on their toes. It would work better than hoying Gouffran in either position (LF, CF), as IMO he is best coming off the bench to impact the game. If Cisse needs to gain some perspective watching a couple of games from the bench, then that's the way to go IMO.

Can't really argue with this post at all as it is very true and sensible. Cisse has been poor it is a big concern but yes one goal could suddenly make a huge difference to him and we are playing well as a team and won our last two and not lost in four. But yes would be very interesting to see Gouff up there to see if he's better than Cisse. I really think he could be so i would try it. He is more of a physical presence, more aggressive and quicker too and seems to know where the back of the net is and Cisse for all his running just can't seem to hit a barn door at the moment.

I was dreaming of Mike Ashley going on a bender geting completey wankered and getting Benteke in Jan for 30 to 40 million.

Remy Benteke HBA.  Never going to happen i know don't tell me. He had one chance on saturday and scored it and they created nothing for him but what a top notch player he held it up so well and is exactly the type of player we need.

Remy Ba HBA would also be awesome and i haven't completely given up on that for Jan. If Cisse hasn't kicked into gear by Jan we may well have to consider selling him. Bit early to say that we definitely should now though.

Guest firetotheworks

A lot of people have already jumped ship with Cisse and I can definitely understand why. He's been in poor form. I'm sticking with him though, purely a gut feeling but I still think he'll come good once one goes in that gives him confidence.

After our run of games vs some of the bigger teams I think he'll start notching on a more regular basis.

Will get 2 next week vs Hull.

Good one :lol:

I fancy him to get a brace on Saturday, that's where my pennies will be going. Might even put a couple of quid on the hatty while i'm there.

Guest firetotheworks

The alternatives being a 1 in never and Gouffran. There's definitely a case for Gouffran starting ahead of him, but it's not like we're in any position to think we can be picky.