Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I think he thinks hes un-droppable and therefore can just phone it in so to speak, I would be tempted to go central with Gouffran against Hull with Remy staying exactly where he was today where he looked so effective.

Cisse needs to realise that he needs to perform to keep his place in the side, just like any other player.

Yeah, I wonder about his attitude, and how well that's going down with his team-mates. He avoids difficult physical challenges and often looks like he's a bit above it all. He didn't seem to participate much in the goal celebrations.

The Wonga episode looked like a bit of a pose, given other aspects of his lifestyle. None of the others, Muslim or not, felt the need for a public demonstration of their supposedly finer feelings.

That thing of inviting a group of fans to his house looked like a rather naive publicity stunt proclaiming himself as a great guy, more than anything else. I'm all for footballers devoting part of their spare time to community work, but a line should be drawn at the point of their home lives, and the whole thing won't have impressed his team-mates, however good it looked in the papers.

I just wonder if he's getting a bit isolated off the pitch, as well as on it.

He was definitely in there for the group hug for one of the goals like, that's just plain wrong.

On my recording, I can't see him at all in the second, and in the first, he arrives a bit late and it looks rather half-hearted. But I can accept there may be different opinions about whether he was 'participating much' in the celebrations.

At the end of the day, that was one detail amongst others, in the making of a general point. Team spirit and solidarity is very important, and he looks a bit too full of himself.

Watching it again I suppose Cisse didn't jump around that much in celebration, but is that not just his laid back style? If he's not committed to the cause then you would expect Pardew would be the first one to pick up on that. Maybe you are drawing too many conclusions based on what you think might be the situation.

Would be good if Hull could be to him, what Blackburn was for Ba. Similar sort of game, and start to the season we and Ba had up to now as well.

Would be great, we kind of need him to tbh. Can't have your main striker stinking up the place.

We might get away with it, if we can keep that midfield 3 together plus Hatem and Remy firing on all cylinders but the team would be even better if Cisse can pick up some form.

Cisse needed dropping a long time ago, feel we are far past that stage now, dropping him will do more damage than good ATM, hopefully we can see him through it especially if we keep building on good performances and points.

If he doesn't score at Hull then he needs dropped. it's got to the stage where he seems undroppable and somebody like Gouff could take up the mantle and offer a lot more. Would like to see Remy as the front man at some point with Gouff and Hatem either side.

P.S. Would love him to start hitting them in from all angles but it just seems so far away at the moment. Some of his offsides are ridiculous and the way he is getting shoved off the ball seems too easy...

Cisse needed dropping a long time ago, feel we are far past that stage now, dropping him will do more damage than good ATM, hopefully we can see him through it especially if we keep building on good performances and points.

If you're one of those who is of the opinion he's not a good striker, then I don't see why you would think it's pointless to drop him now, especially since he's not scoring goals. You could always start with Goffran off Remy as the main striker. I'm not one of those btw, I'd keep him in the side for a couple more games yet.

If you're one of those who is of the opinion he's not a good striker, then I don't see why you would think it's pointless to drop him now, especially since he's not scoring goals. You could always start with Goffran off Remy as the main striker. I'm not one of those btw, I'd keep him in the side for a couple more games yet.

He's a good poacher out of form, he's a poor footballer though. He's mentally weak and why his rut is lasting so long. Needed a kick up the arse a long time ago but didnt get it, hes so far gone now he needs us to stick by him, dropping him will all but finish him off confidence wise and we might as well just sell him as do that.

I voted 6-10 goals, that seems wildly optimistic right now. :(

I'll be honest, I'm slightly worried about him. He hasn't really done anything so far this season, he still looks isolated up top on his own despite the introduction of Remy (and the continuing presence of Ben Arfa) to support him and he's been pretty much bullied by the opposition defenders in each of the games he's started. His confidence is shot but he's still pretty our only proven goalscorer in the team (even if he doesn't look like it atm). For his sake and ours I hope he finds the net soon otherwise we'll be counting on Ben Arfa specials week in, week out (whilst not necessarily a bad thing, we need our striker to do his job and score goals).

He's a good poacher out of form, he's a poor footballer though. He's mentally weak and why his rut is lasting so long. Needed a kick up the arse a long time ago but didnt get it, hes so far gone now he needs us to stick by him, dropping him will all but finish him off confidence wise and we might as well just sell him as do that.

I voted 6-10 goals, that seems wildly optimistic right now. :(

He's never looked like he lacks confidence to me. In any case the manager's job isn't to coddle the delicate sentiments of his star players, it's to put out the best team to win games. If Cisse doesn't deserve to be playing then he should be dropped.

I think he thinks hes un-droppable and therefore can just phone it in so to speak, I would be tempted to go central with Gouffran against Hull with Remy staying exactly where he was today where he looked so effective.

Cisse needs to realise that he needs to perform to keep his place in the side, just like any other player.

Yeah, I wonder about his attitude, and how well that's going down with his team-mates. He avoids difficult physical challenges and often looks like he's a bit above it all. He didn't seem to participate much in the goal celebrations.

The Wonga episode looked like a bit of a pose, given other aspects of his lifestyle. None of the others, Muslim or not, felt the need for a public demonstration of their supposedly finer feelings.

That thing of inviting a group of fans to his house looked like a rather naive publicity stunt proclaiming himself as a great guy, more than anything else. I'm all for footballers devoting part of their spare time to community work, but a line should be drawn at the point of their home lives, and the whole thing won't have impressed his team-mates, however good it looked in the papers.

I just wonder if he's getting a bit isolated off the pitch, as well as on it.

He was definitely in there for the group hug for one of the goals like, that's just plain wrong.

On my recording, I can't see him at all in the second, and in the first, he arrives a bit late and it looks rather half-hearted. But I can accept there may be different opinions about whether he was 'participating much' in the celebrations.

At the end of the day, that was one detail amongst others, in the making of a general point. Team spirit and solidarity is very important, and he looks a bit too full of himself.

Watching it again I suppose Cisse didn't jump around that much in celebration, but is that not just his laid back style? If he's not committed to the cause then you would expect Pardew would be the first one to pick up on that. Maybe you are drawing too many conclusions based on what you think might be the situation.

Well of course it's all speculation.

As for Pardew, he's not going to have a go at one of his strikers when we're so light in the department, but it was interesting that in Gomis we seemed to be going for a player who would provide precisely what Cisse is not delivering ie an aggressive, physical presence up front.

I had my tin hat on when I wrote the original post. I thought my points about his attitude to his team-mates as shown by the Wonga issue and the home invite issue, were more likely to cause a reaction. Whether he intended it or not, the first contains the message 'I'm a better Muslim than you', and the second suggests, 'I care more about the fans than you do'. They were gestures that may have got him some applause outside the club, but would probably have caused irritation within it. At the end of the day, his relationships with his team-mates will have a far bigger bearing on results than his relationships with supporters.

I'm losing patience with him.  Isn't it 10 games without a goal now?

Its not that is concerning me so much, its the utter lack of overall play which to me is limiting how good the team can be.

Seeing it now makes you realise ( if it was ever needed) how great it would have been if another striker had come in.

I'm losing patience with him.  Isn't it 10 games without a goal now?

Its not that is concerning me so much, its the utter lack of overall play which to me is limiting how good the team can be.

You're getting it Mole. Everyone always asks what the other lads can do for him but what does he do for them? He offers so little in general play that it's one of the prime reasons we struggle to create chances or sustain momentum.

The goals highly concern me though.. he's not scoring... so what is the point of him? I'd give him Hull to find the net.. if he doesn't score against them send him to the glue factory..

I think he should be dropped for Gouffran but I wouldn't be upset if he wasn't, Gouffran at his best isn't probably going to be all that great (don't get me wrong, he's the kind of hard working forward who will score scrappy goals we've lacked since Best left and I like him for that a fair bit) whereas an in form Cisse will do wonders for us. We do need to get him back in form and it may just take a few goals so it's a tough one.