Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

We were much worse offensively after Gouffran came on. To say he holds the ball up better, I just don't know what to say to that really. He never got near anything after he came on.

Yeah but my opinion is based on more than just today.... i think you have the conception hold the ball up means long ball it to his chest and hope it sticks im not talking about that.

What i'm saying is give the striker the ball and holds it up with his feet.... Gouffran is miles better than Cisse at that because he's got better technique and can create a yard for himself due to better close control.

Not only that but his decision making in possession is much much better as his off the ball runs.

MOTD just showing how Lukaku changed the game for Everton when he came on just then. Holding the ball up, spraying it around, building up play and putting his head where it hurts. None of these things Cisse does for us at this point in time, nor has he done for the last year or so.

MOTD just showing how Lukaku changed the game for Everton when he came on just then. Holding the ball up, spraying it around, building up play and putting his head where it hurts. None of these things Cisse does for us at this point in time, nor has he done for the last year or so.

But they're completely different types of striker; unfortunately we do not have a Lukaku type of striker at our club. If we did I'd be happy to see Cisse dropped due to be his recent poor form, but replacing him with Gouffran or Shola is simply not the answer.

But they're completely different types of striker; unfortunately we do not have a Lukaku type of striker at our club. If we did I'd be happy to see Cisse dropped due to be his recent poor form, but replacing him with Gouffran or Shola is simply not the answer.

I know we don't have Lukaku on the bench. That's not my point. People on here even this summer were of the opinion we should not sell Cisse even if somebody like Anzhi offered 20 millon; that's how much some people overrate him on here. As far as I can tell he's a decent poacher with not much to his game (which was why I referred to Lukaku, who is a forward who does), who had a purple patch when he first joined. He's not to be relied upon as our first choice striker if we want to go places as a team.

I know we don't have Lukaku on the bench. That's not my point. People on here even this summer were of the opinion we should not sell Cisse even if somebody like Anzhi offered 20 millon; that's how much some people overrate him on here. As far as I can tell he's a decent poacher with not much to his game (which was why I referred to Lukaku, who is a forward who does), who had a purple patch when he first joined. He's not to be relied upon as our first choice striker if we want to go places as a team.

agree with this, frankly I'm beginning to think he's basically the reason we look clueless in attack he needs things to be completely set up on a plate for him and even then has been missing chances and simply in the modern game he can't be relied on. Compare with Ba who could hold it to some extent and be the pointman of our attack and how much better we looked as an attack.

Was it impossible for us to be the ones to loan Lukaku? No, but normally you need to try to some degree in order to have a chance.

To be fair Gomis from what I've seen from him is a similar type of player, albeit obviously not at the same level. As you say though, it was painfully obvious we needed another striker, somebody who could give us something different to what we have, yet we failed to act decisively once again, even though the players were quite clearly available..

Was it impossible for us to be the ones to loan Lukaku? No, but normally you need to try to some degree in order to have a chance.

while I get your sentiments I'm not overly fond of the idea of loaning one of the "elites" kids and developing him for them.

while I get your sentiments I'm not overly fond of the idea of loaning one of the "elites" kids and developing him for them.

You're right, doing it for QPR is loads better. :lol:

:lol:

the theory is we're going to buy him (:iamatwat:) once the legal troubles are out of the way compared to absolutely no chance in hell of signing Lukaku unless he seriously goes off the rails.

To be fair Gomis from what I've seen from him is a similar type of player, albeit obviously not at the same level. As you say though, it was painfully obvious we needed another striker, somebody who could give us something different to what we have, yet we failed to act decisively once again, even though the players were quite clearly available..

Taking their age into consideration they aren't the same level, but I wouldn't say right now Lakaku is on another level to Gomis, not at all IMO.  I suppose we'll see for sure when/if he comes here.

Taking their age into consideration they aren't the same level, but I wouldn't say right now Lakaku is on another level to Gomis, not at all IMO.  I suppose we'll see for sure when/if he comes here.

I don't know what their age has to do with anything, Lukaku is already head and shoulders above Gomis if you ask me.

I don't know what their age has to do with anything, Lukaku is already head and shoulders above Gomis if you ask me.

head and shoulders above most strikers in the league tbh, I'd like to know what Mourinhio was on when he made the decision to send him out on loan.

Fine, I don't agree, until we see them both in this league and they have more than a single good season.

The relevance of age is absolutely obvious, Lukaku is at an age where he's likely to improve more than Gomis will.

Fine, I don't agree, until we see them both in this league and they have more than a single good season.

In his one full season in the Premiership Lukaku has scored 1 in 2 in a lower league team. Gomis has a long term 1 in 3 record for a comparatively speaking better team(s) in a comparatively speaking lower quality league. I know who I'd rather have in my team.

In his one full season in the Premiership Lukaku has scored 1 in 2 in a lower league team. Gomis has a long term 1 in 3 record for a comparatively speaking better team(s) in a comparatively speaking lower quality league. I know who I'd rather have in my team.

Why are you comparing a short term record to a long term record? ???  Like I said Lukaku will very likely be on another level in future and if you think he already is then fine, but I'm certainly not comfortable with that judgment at the moment.  Either way their's no logic at all in comparing a recent record to a long term record.  Also never said I wouldn't prefer to have Lakaku, I said I'm very unsure of the claim that he's currently on another level to Gomis.

There is a certain sadness when watching Cisse play the game recently. For all the capabilities displayed immediately after his arrivial, he is providing absolutely nothing for the team. Not one positive attribute. Cannot hold the ball up, cannot control the ball played to feet, cannot make runs that stay onside, cannot complete short passes back to the midfielders, cannot win headers, cannot out pace even the most pedestrian defenders, cannot hold off even the weakest of midfield challengers. When the good work of other players provides an opportunity for the great finisher to score he fails to convert.

I feel the same way about him as I do about Debuchy in this moment. I think both players can potentially be very useful for us, but both also need to dropped. There is no question and no other option.

Why are you comparing a short term record to a long term record? ???  Like I said Lukaku will very likely be on another level, but saying doesn't change the inherent lack of logic in comparing a recent record to a long term record..  Also never said I wouldn't prefer to have Lakaku, I said I'm very unsure of the claim that he's currently on another level to Gomis.

Well, since one of the player is only just 20 years old it's pretty difficult to compare long term records.. :lol:

I am aware that there is some subjectivity in the statement that Lukaku is already head and shoulders above a player like Gomis, but I truly believe that to be the case and I think the prior's short record (for obvious reasons) backs that up.

You don't need to look at Lukaku's long term record, you could merely compare both players recent records :)  I don't even know what they are, but I know that apples and oranges aren't comparable.  My point is we don't have enough of a record for Lukaku to currently say he's on another level, that's just my opinion though.

Well you're the one who just said you don't know what age has to do with it :lol:  My point is that very fact, we don't have enough of a record for Lakaku to currently say he's on another level, that's just my opinion though.

Heh, YOU are the one who brought age into it, did you not?

Heh, YOU are the one who brought age into it, did you not?

Right, and you're the one who said you don't know what age has to do with it..

Look we're getting into semantics now.  My point was that while Lukaku could be considered on another level due to the fact he is at such a high level at such a young age (as in comparative to age he's on another level) I'm really not sure he's currently that much better.