Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

The odd rare incident where forwards might both attack the same ball. The same shite was spouted when Ba was here but Cisse became a world beater again when he left, as predicted.

Odd rare incident? Can you point to any time where the forward line have attacked different areas of the penalty area with any success in the last year?

Guest chicken little

Cisse is just a poor player

And what was your opinion when he was banging all those goals in for fun?

I can hardly fucking remember, tbh.

that was a ridiculous purple patch this poor form is too long to be a bad patch

He's quite clearly not "just a poor player" though is he? That's the point. You don't have two very successful seasons in the Bundesliga and then go at a goal a game in the Premier League for another half season if you're a poor player in a bit of form.

that was a ridiculous purple patch this poor form is too long to be a bad patch

And what of his record in Germany before he joined?  He's a good player, he's just in a very crappy set-up to really flourish. You could say that about every player we have currently tbh.

Anybody with a non ironic Pardew avatar at this point should be sectioned IMO.

Didn't you congratulate him on what a top job he was doing 2 months back at an airport?

:lol:

No. I've already apologised for not sparking him out in the middle of the departure lounge mate, again I'm sorry.

Anybody with a non ironic Pardew avatar at this point should be sectioned IMO.

Didn't you congratulate him on what a top job he was doing 2 months back at an airport?

:lol:

No. I've already apologised for not sparking him out in the middle of the departure lounge mate, again I'm sorry.

:thup:

The UK once had the world's biggest navy, as big as the next two combined...we now have a navy smaller than Switzerland.....things change, esp in football - he will be 29 soon.

A 28 year old shouldn't need to be coached about looking across the line. Are player's memories wiped every time they move to a new club? Christ :lol:

You forget a certain Alan Shearer needing to be coached by Bobby Robson when he arrived in 1999?

Are you seriously trying to say that Cisse is as good as Shearer..? All that happened with Shearer was that he was doing too much work OUTSIDE the box because his team mates weren't doing it...SBR simply got him to get into scoring positions again but by 1999, Shearer had many years of goal scoring success in the PL behind him. Cisse has had ONE good half-season in the PL during his time at SJP and although some of his decline is undoubtedly down to Pardew's style of play and his team-mates inability to supply him with crosses, the guy's all round play - like getting caught off-side so often and his inability to offer a serious aerial challenge to defenders mean that he's not in the same street as Shearer was..he cannot lead the line like Shearer could so unless he is scoring, he is a luxury player.

His time in Germany was decent, but the Germans play a better style of football anyway, with plenty of chances being created, esp from crosses.

Cisse started last season shit too, missing penalties that we gave him to boost his confidence. And despite that Pardew still dropped Ba to the bench who had scored a couple goals compared to Cisse's 0. It was only then, sometime in October that Cisse played on the wing. He was playing shit anyway./

Yesterday was generally better from Cisse but when he gets 1 golden chance he needs to put them away... his overall contribution is okay at best otherwise

That was better from him last night, he actually trapped the ball and passed it to a team mate at times. Still nowhere near where we need him to be. Just looks like he cacks himself everytime the ball comes near him.

I think he needs to score a worldie of a goal that may bring the confidence back. I doubt we'll ever see the goal machine of his 1st half season at the club but I refuse to believe what we seeing now is the best we'll get out of Cisse? Maybe I am being naive? Would have been such a confidence boost for him had he tucked away that chance in ET last night, probably would have been the winner and he would have been a hero again.