Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

He'll never replicate what he was from February to May 2012 but there's a good solid 1 in 2 poacher in there somewhere.

:thup:

Would still start him ahead of shola any day of the week.

Have you seen Shola's goal against Italy? Quite a prospect we've got in our hands :cheesy:

He was 2nd top scorer in the Bundesliga just 2/3 years ago. I don't accept he can't be a productive player for us again, personally, but I know that many have already given up on him.

For me it should right up the priority list of the management to get the most out of a formerly productive resource in the squad - especially considering the frugality of the club and the limited possibility of us spending £9 million on a striker again any time soon.

I can accept people being at the limits of their frustration with him at this point, however.

So you don't think there's a solid 1 in 2 poacher in there?

Not with the way he is playing. He is probably capable of it but some of his decision making has been horrific and I don't believe a 28 year old professional footballer should need to be told every training session that he shouldn't just run forwards every time we get the ball in the oppositions half.

We haven't been the most creative side over recent times but he only makes it more difficult for his team mates with his ridiculous decision making/timing.

He'll never replicate what he was from February to May 2012 but there's a good solid 1 in 2 poacher in there somewhere.

Can't even been arsed. Nobody claimed he was playing like a 1 in 2 striker.

:serious:

Not while we don't create chances for him, no.

Remy seems to manage..... These excuses are getting boring now.

Tbf the same people bemoaning chances now are the same people that bemoaned chance creation when Ba was scoring, when Ba left, when nobody was scoring.

These people have made excuses for the lad close to 18 months. They will not stop now.

Only five teams have scored more than us this season. Creating chances hardly seems like the issue it was last season.

Tbf to Cisse. A lot of our goals come from outside the box. With HBA, Remy & Cabaye - they are very useful just outside the box, even if it's breaking the offside trap like Remy. Cisse doesn't understand the offside rule and is only decent outside the box on the volley.

I'll assume you we're pissed when you failed to grasp this.

I'll assume you we're pissed when you failed to grasp this.

Funnily enough I assumed you were :lol:

Only five teams have scored more than us this season. Creating chances hardly seems like the issue it was last season.

Tbf to Cisse. A lot of our goals come from outside the box. With HBA, Remy & Cabaye - they are very useful just outside the box, even if it's breaking the offside trap like Remy. Cisse doesn't understand the offside rule and is only decent outside the box on the volley.

He plays on the shoulder of the last man, he's going to be offside more than most. To say he's only decent outside the box on the volley sums up the quality of the criticism in this thread though.

If he was getting chances to miss i'd be worried but i can't remember us creating a single clear cut chance for him miss.

I'm more worried that he isnt getting in the postions to score goals, if he was you know at some point he would take a chance and he can then build from there.  As it stands chances arent even coming his way so until they do this problem of not scoring wont go away.