Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

If there is any truth in the QPR swap rumour, we need to do this asap.

Really feel his only benefit to the team when he comes on now is running down opposition defenders, nowhere near good enough and can't believe why Pardds brings him on before Hatem...

Guest Roger Kint

Apart from maybe his spell towards the end of last season he's never looked a £10 striker. All the other time it's been £30m world beater or £400k waster.

I agree he has never once looked like a £10 striker.

Guest Roger Kint

If there is any truth in the QPR swap rumour, we need to do this asap.

Really feel his only benefit to the team when he comes on now is running down opposition defenders, nowhere near good enough and can't believe why Pardds brings him on before Hatem...

:lol:

The thing I don't understand is his hold up and link up play.

When he first joined, I don't remember thinking this part of his game was poor at all.

If he was still doing these things well, then it would be fine to keep him in the first team till he found his goal scoring touch again.

However, this part of his game has been so diabolically bad it's untrue. Therefore, we can't afford to carry him. This is what ultimately annoys me the most, as there is no reason this part of his game should be suffering, as he is capable of doing it so much better, like he was when he first joined.

Very annoying.

Guest icemanblue

Keeper had also stopped playing, like. That's not to say he wouldn't have scored, but it would have panned out differently had the flag not gone up. Probably best to say that he was robbed of a fantastic chance, rather than a goal.

Robbed blind of a goal, was onside poor fker

Was he? Haven't actually seen the game back yet. Just assumed with it being Cisse, the linesman was obviously right :lol:

Yeah he was on, harsh for the lad to be so low and fins the target to have it ruled out.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

I'm still confused about the offside law. Does his whole body have to be level or just his "scoring parts" ( :lol:) ?

The thing I don't understand is his hold up and link up play.

When he first joined, I don't remember thinking this part of his game was poor at all.

If he was still doing these things well, then it would be fine to keep him in the first team till he found his goal scoring touch again.

However, this part of his game has been so diabolically bad it's untrue. Therefore, we can't afford to carry him. This is what ultimately annoys me the most, as there is no reason this part of his game should be suffering, as he is capable of doing it so much better, like he was when he first joined.

Very annoying.

He supposedly did hold up the ball quite well when he was at Freiburg, was on his own up front a lot. Really weird as he most often looks unable to control the ball, hold off defenders or win headers.

His all-round game was fine (albeit nothing special) when he first joined us and seemed to get better and better the more goals he scored.  I think that's the issue here, that he's one of the biggest examples of a confidence player we've ever seen at the club - he's either scoring belters or his whole game turns to absolute shit with no decent hold-up play, misplaced passes and multiple offsides.  If he turns around his goalscoring form then you'd hope his all-round play would also improve, but it really should be the other way around for a striker in bad form trying to turn things around, i.e. playing the right way and seeing the goals follow.

I can't help feeling like he's finished at NUFC tbh, aside from a few important goals he's been poor for the best part of 18 months.

His all-round game was fine (albeit nothing special) when he first joined us and seemed to get better and better the more goals he scored.  I think that's the issue here, that he's one of the biggest examples of a confidence player we've ever seen at the club - he's either scoring belters or his whole game turns to absolute s*** with no decent hold-up play, misplaced passes and multiple offsides.  If he turns around his goalscoring form then you'd hope his all-round play would also improve, but it really should be the other way around for a striker in bad form trying to turn things around, i.e. playing the right way and seeing the goals follow.

I can't help feeling like he's finished at NUFC tbh, aside from a few important goals he's been poor for the best part of 18 months.

I'm 100% with you 'Polic. And personally, I wish he'd get back to his smiley scoring best for the better of the team, himself, and of course us. I just hate to see him completely fall apart after starting to epically for us. 

The Wonga thing surely didn't help, whatever the real reasons behind it.

As a player who needs to be sharp to be effective, himself/the club robbing him of the best chance to start the season that way was typically farcical.

I've realised that the reason Cisse is offside so much, other than his apparent indifference / a lack of awareness(!), is that he doesn't have the confidence in himself to outpace or outmuscle an opposing defender, so he'll almost always go too early.

I'm still confused about the offside law. Does his whole body have to be level or just his "scoring parts" ( :lol:) ?

Think it's actually any part of the body, but might be wrong.

Any playable part of the body which is basically everything except the arms. I had only one look at the replay and from what I see he was already on his run with his torso arched forward in an 'offside' position, in front of the last defender.

Think it's actually any part of the body, but might be wrong.

Any playable part of the body which is basically everything except the arms. I had only one look at the replay and from what I see he was already on his run with his torso arched forward in an 'offside' position, in front of the last defender.

Linesman wasn't level with play (so he shouldn't have guessed), so from his perspective Cisse would have looked more offside than on, if you look at the cut on the pitch he's level at worst as the ball is played.