Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Not sure what he was expected to do? :lol:

He was the wrong man to bring on.

I didn't agree with the sub, but we need eda goal and he's our only other semi-competent striker. By that I mean he's not Shola. Sorry if I expect him to do something...anything.

Still refuse to believe he's a bad player, I just think there's just not something right with him this season - probably a hangover from the refusal to wear Wonga thing. I also don't think he really works in our current formation/ethos. He's a poacher and doesn't really carve out his own chances. He needs to latch onto early crosses, flick-ons and through balls and then to shoot before he has a chance to think but we haven't really got wide men who cross in the team at the moment. I was a real fan of his but it's probably time to get rid given he's not fitting in. Still think he'll do well in the right team though.

Given Tiote's return to form this season after his woeful 12/13 and Williamson's emergence, I'm willing to hang on to Cisse to see if he can find his form again. There's clearly a talented player in there somewhere.

But he's just pretty fucking useless atm.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

I understand that he wants to be an opportunistic "fox in the box" striker and so he doesn't drop deep to contribute in our build up play. But  he's constantly offside (Taylor half chance ) and his intelligence and movement isn't appropriate for our level e.g when Ben Arfa cut inside noone went to the front post and it was an easy catch for Hart. He can't expect every ball to fall at his feet or on his head .Therefore he'll have to pull his socks up and work harder for the team , not the other way round.