Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

if 11/12 came back he would have scored the first 2 chances and we'd have walked the rest of the match. 11/12 Cisse didn't mess up chances, usually took his first few well and we'd  then defend our lives out the rest of the match.

:thup: just more of the same and not the previous week. Can't be missing 1 v 1's to win matches which then turn to a counter and we concede.

Nah even old Cisse missed chances. All the stuff about him being better when he didn't have time to think came from it, he'd go through on goal and miss simpler chances then score with amazing technique.

Everything was better yesterday, even his general play was much improved.

Made some good attempts and ended up scoring when given some decent deliveries, funny that.

Delivery is a 50/50 thing, if Cisse didn't move like he did (which was class btw) then Ben Arfa's ball would have just been a decent shot that went wide.

When your strikers fail to get on the end of stuff/time their runs properly it is too easy to say the service wasn't there. We saw this with Martins after his initial good run then he started spending most of his time outside the box or marked by 4 players half a foot taller than him.

We are currently playing with 2 players who aren't really wide players and 2 full backs who aren't going to create much but we managed to provide enough service to get a few goals. The strikers need to do their bit.

Guest Howaythetoon

His best performance in a long time. Obviously he missed the sitter just before the goal and the header in the second half from Ben Arfa's first cross, but to get his two shots on goal in the first half showed tremendous technique. First to wriggle free onto his left foot and secondly to get a volley on Sissoko's cross. It was a crap ball, far too much power on it, and in real time, I thought Cisse did sensationally to direct it goalwards.

This, happy for the lad as well.

Made some good attempts and ended up scoring when given some decent deliveries, funny that.

Delivery is a 50/50 thing, if Cisse didn't move like he did (which was class btw) then Ben Arfa's ball would have just been a decent shot that went wide.

When your strikers fail to get on the end of stuff/time their runs properly it is too easy to say the service wasn't there. We saw this with Martins after his initial good run then he started spending most of his time outside the box or marked by 4 players half a foot taller than him.

We are currently playing with 2 players who aren't really wide players and 2 full backs who aren't going to create much but we managed to provide enough service to get a few goals. The strikers need to do their bit.

It wasn't a shot from Ben Arfa IMO. Cross all day.

I agree but if Cisse hadn't got on the end of it then it probably wouldn't have been much past the post so would have been 'a chance'.

Cisse timed it perfectly, its what he needs to do more often then he will get more chances so we can stop blaming our lack of productivity and making excuses why Remy etc.. are magicing up goals from nowhere.

It wasn't a shot from Ben Arfa IMO. Cross all day.

I agree but if Cisse hadn't got on the end of it then it probably wouldn't have been much past the post so would have been 'a chance'.

Cisse timed it perfectly, its what he needs to do more often then he will get more chances so we can stop blaming our lack of productivity and making excuses why Remy etc.. are magicing up goals from nowhere.

Yeah I agree, thought he was excellent overall tbh, good hold up play and made some brilliant runs. Hopefully a turning point for him

I only saw the highlights, he did a lot of very good things, also some pretty bad. If he didn't score that goal I reckon I would have been livid with him at the end with the chances he didn't take.

Definitely looked more old Cisse tough, I can forgive missing sitters if he scores and gets us points.

The problem with papisto is that everything came too easily for him to begin with. The biggest reason why he was a success at his other clubs was just how hard he worked to not only score from chances but to get into positions for the chances in the first place. During his 2nd/3rd season you could see he wouldn't try as hard as he should of been. Being offside due to laziness etc.... Recently he has turned this around and to me he seems like he is not taking everything for granted and is wanting to make something of himself again. And the whole team senses that as can be seen in their celebration. I think he will turn it around, or at the very least his next club will have a true goalscorer again.

He's definitely looking like he's turned a corner, just so long as he keeps his head up there's no reason he can't become a great striker again. He's had a rough time with his form, for whatever reason, I just hope that's behind him now, too early to call yet though.

I was impressed with his work rate yesterday and his possitional sense, I would have been livid with him if he hadn't have scored though with the chances he had. Obviously touting him round Europe stuck a rocket up his arse, clearly wants to stay and is trying to prove he deserves to.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/newcastle-united-1-crystal-palace-6867326

Carver struck precisely the right note after Cisse’s Craven Cottage frustration last week, encouraging the player to retain faith in himself. In the 93rd minute Newcastle celebrated with him.

“I said to him that if he scored I would give him the biggest cuddle ever and that is why right at the end he came running across,” Carver said. “He is a delightful lad to work with and I am so pleased for him. It is as if he is my brother. I feel so proud of him. He has stuck with it.”

I did enjoy the fact he got into the position to score 5 or 6 times against Palace, which hasn't really happened all that much since his original goal glut.

Although i get the feeling its because its Palace but still nice to see.

Just needs to bag a goal early versus Everton. Talk about a confidence booster, it's got to be one where he goes "that's it, I'm back"

Would love for him to just blast a few past Howard tomorrow night - some right thunder bastards.

Remember him scoring against Everton last season at SJP and how mad he went in celebration. Think that was the moment I fell in love with Papiss.