Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

that 60 attempts on goal stat correct? Impressive if so but that's a fair few misses like.

17 games, though. Only about 3 and a half on target per game.

Not to worried about it here... we got goal terror Demba Ba.... i am more concern does his movement can support Ba or not. He just nick few goals is okay for me... as long as his performance was brilliant.

More evidence that Pardew has changed his mind on Ben Arfa in the #10 role?

Ben Arfa in a 4-3-3 worked well on Sunday so guess based on that, Pardew has finally seen that the number 10 position isn't Ben Arfa's best one?

(The role the lad played on Sunday is essentially a mix between a number 10 and wing play really).

that 60 attempts on goal stat correct? Impressive if so but that's a fair few misses like.

17 games, though. Only about 3 and a half on target per game.

Not to worried about it here... we got goal terror Demba Ba.... i am more concern does his movement can support Ba or not. He just nick few goals is okay for me... as long as his performance was brilliant.

Aye, I was saying it's nothing to worry about. Don't know how other strikers compare but it doesn't seem like too many misses when you average it out.

We apparantly beat a host of other top clubs to sign him - Andy Evans Agent for PDC

NUFCfans site

Andy Evans, the agent of Papiss Cissé says Newcastle United beat ‘a host of top clubs’ to the signature of Freiburg’s star striker.

Speaking exclusively to NUFCfans.co.uk, Evans said there was interest from Champions League clubs and it was Newcastle’s persistence that paid off in the end.

Evans said:

“There was a lot of interest and a host of top clubs were interested in Papiss, that’s why it was important to get a deal done tonight, huge teams were circling. I’m talking Champions League.”

“Newcastle did an excellent job of completing this deal.”

“They [Newcastle] were interested in the summer and made numerous bids for the player, but Freiberg were holding out for their valuation of €15m.”

Evans confirmed that Newcastle were finally able to agree a fee last night before the formalities began:

“The fee was agreed 9pm last night, Papiss had to come out of training camp and board a private jet set up by Newcastle at 7.10am local time this morning.”

“He arrived here at midday and went through the formalities.”

Interesting bit there. Hoping it's a similar case with Cissokho, as it seems we're haggling over the fee there too, and have been after him for a while.

Lad I taught to drive a few years ago is a Frieburg supporter. I emailed him for the craic...

Cisse? Last season he scored 22 goals. 56% of Freiburg's goals. First time in 49 Bundesliga Seasons that a player scored more than half of his teams goals. This season already 9 goals. He's the kind of player who doesn't appear all game and then scores from nothing. He's worth every penny. Absolutely brilliant player and as a childhood Freiburg Fan I'm not happy that he's leaving Freiburg.

and then.....

he's 10 times better than Ba!

We'll see on the second point!