Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest bimpy474

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

@

@dannyboyritchie Yes. I reckon the 8m budget is still there: this was the 'money there for special signing' signing

1 hour ago

Still got more money to spend, wanktastic :D

I still think I'm going to wake up tomorrow and this won't have happened. We can't have bought the best striker we were linked with? I assumed we were all going to settle for some £5m striker from the lower league who would be ok but about the same as Best

Guest johnson293

Well, off to bed... been a crackin day - and some brilliant, very funny posts on here.

Cheers everyone, lets do it all again tomorrow!!

O0

Guest Heneage

The first picture on BBC Sport;

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/57950000/jpg/_57950151_papiss_cisse.jpg

:lol:

"Oh you thought I was joining Sunderland...."

En-route to the stadium of shite from the airport on the Metro with his agent and a mackem entourage

'Bzzzzzzzz.  This is Monument.  Change here for the Coast and St. James'

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/57950000/jpg/_57950151_papiss_cisse.jpg

'Woah, looka man.  A could just gan there instead.  Gerroff, quick man!  Looka!  Theres a train leavin' aawer there!  Howay man.  Leg it.  Am a fuck signing for sunlun.  See ya later daft lads!'

Independent headline:

Newcastle sign £8m Cisse... and will keep Ba

St James' Park to see an all-Senegalese strikeforce as Toon turn into the window's big spenders

Dam right :thup:

From the same article "...it is understood to be the case that the clause in his contract actually stipulated that Ba cannot be sold until the summer transfer window.".

Bugger was hoping it was a relegation release clause. :undecided:

Just a quick look in the Starting XI thread, and fuck me, just this one signing and moving Hatem wide right makes our starting 11 look so much better. CB cover for this season, and then a new full back next season (with some young winger as cover), and that's me very happy with our squad.

That's just about my thinking now.  Bring in a low-key defensive signing as cover / one for the future this window + maybe a short term signing for extra cover.  Keeping Tiote / Ba / Colloccini is a must and the summer can be supplementing the first team squad, upgrading some areas (Simpson / Obertan / Perch) and replacing Smith and Lovenkrands as their contracts are up in summer, unless they go this window, and maybe a low-key forward signing as well.

This has the potential to be the best forward combo since Shearer and Ferdinand up front for us.

We do need a young striker to replace Lövenkrands/Ameobi and fill the Demba's boots next winter as well. A kid like Wickham, would have been perfect IMO, someone who's happy to wait for his time to come but is still arguably ready to start games when called upon.

Has this old Raphael Honigstein article been posted by anyone yet? It looks a decent read.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/raphael_honigstein/12/08/freiburg.papiss.cisse/index.html

It has, but it is a good read, so the more it's dotted around this manic thread to make sure everyone sees it the better I say  :thup:.

It sounds like him and Ba upfront is going to be http://i.imgur.com/s2wHQ.gif