Fulham 5 - 2 Newcastle United - 21/01/12 - Post-disaster reaction from page 60

Dave

On my way back from the game. At half time I thought we were going to cruise it - I haven't seen us in such control of a game all season, they couldn't get near the ball. Not changing the tactics when jol brought Johnson on was a massive mistake though. If we had dropped deeper and played on the break I'm pretty sure we would have got a result. Just because this high pressing game worked against man u pardew seems to think it will work for everyone

As much good as Pardew has done; the failure to react to basic and obvious  change of tactics was woeful. We lost at home to WB in the same way

Here's where Duff ended up, which gives an idea of the forward momentum involved.

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8453/capturextr.png

It could have gone either way - today it went against us but it's nowhere near the injustice some are making out.

Nice appealing mid-fall btw. w*****.

isn't there some rule about the foul continuing and the fk/pen given at the last point or something? seem to remember that being talked about last season.

Correct

The main problem imo was that Jol changed it to two strikers with Johnson running at our central pair which seemed to spark fear and indescision. The key element however is that without Tiote there was no defensive screen. That's it in a nutshell.

Just got in from the pub........so what can I say about this game? It was really the case of a game of two halves.

We controlled the first half imo. We kept the ball well, some good attacking play and Fulham didn't really have anything in their locker. Guthrie's goal was definitely a good one too (well done Danny). Santon was a lucky boy to be still on the pitch for the second half like!

Now, onto that disastrous second half! I really think that Fulham's "penalty" (it was outside the box ffs, f***ing Damien Duff!) changed the dynamic of the game. The momentum was certainly with them (Andy Johnson coming on and to some extent Ruiz coming off were the right tactical moves on Jol's part). We honestly had no answer to counter them, both Colo and Williamson were done for pace and we contributed almost nothing attacking-wise (apart from Ben Arfa's goal - twas a good one btw). Our front two (and to an extent, our midfield) were poor for most of the second half. As soon as they got the second goal, there was only one winner tbh. It was such an atrocious second half.

Got to really pick ourselves up from this. Brighton up next, need to win that to bring our confidence back up before the Blackburn game!

Patently obvious he ups his game when booed. Gets more and more fired up.

despise the fucker, he's an absolute joke of a former toon player, picked up massive wages, did fuck all and somehow continues to fuck us over every chance he gets considering he does nothing else versus anyone else

Last word from me tonight; too annoyed. We conceded 5 goals in the second half to non league tactics. WB did us the same way. If other teams take note and we don't react we will see much more of the same.

We should have been able to pick off Fulham with ease when they started to play long; we ended up almost clueless.

Guest bimpy474

Bolton 1-0 up, if they beat the racists then this result will hurt even more.

how on the very earth can this ever be the case? we NEED to win games when our main rivals do, not when they lose ffs  :lol:

You know what i meant you massive spacker :D

how on the very earth can this ever be the case? we NEED to win games when our main rivals do, not when they lose ffs  :lol:

the opposite of what you said?  :lol:

Guest bimpy474

the opposite of what you said?  :lol:

:huff:  :D

Been out at work all day heard the score was 1 -1 then someone rang me and said 5 -2 thought they were taking the piss, but on the bright side we got spanked and are still sixth so................  :yao: