Adrian Mariappa stays at Watford

Skirge

In the Northern Echo this morning, it was mentioned that we had £7m still to spend on a defender. so I am guessing if that us true then the  the Cisse money was what was in place for the Maiga deal.

This mid may not be them looking for a 1st choice CB but a player they think will be cheap and may be a good squad player. I doubt that is the case but you never know.

Decimal point in the wrong place.

Guest MrSundlofer

We are bidding for a good central defender from the Championship, a position we must strengthen.. and people are complaining :lol:

In the Northern Echo this morning, it was mentioned that we had £7m still to spend on a defender. so I am guessing if that us true then the  the Cisse money was what was in place for the Maiga deal.

This mid may not be them looking for a 1st choice CB but a player they think will be cheap and may be a good squad player. I doubt that is the case but you never know.

Decimal point in the wrong place.

:lol:

No if that was the case he would have to play for free

We are bidding for a good central defender from the Championship, a position we must strengthen.. and people are complaining :lol:

Tend to agree with this. I don't know the lad but he's at a good age, is seemingly one of the better defenders down there, gives us a bit more pace at the back and has (from looking at Wiki) an excellent fitness record.

He could be shit, but even if he's a similar level to Mike Williamson he will be a sound signing for the second half of this season.

This, tbh. We can't spend 9m on every signing. Watford fans rate him, we need cover and we need pace, what's the problem?

I've never seen him play so I can't judge either way tbh. If getting him means we've got reasonable centre half cover then I'm all for it.

I just found our supposed offer funny, on a penny-pinching level.

It'll be a player 90% of the forum have never heard of before and by the time the season has finished we will all be shitting ourselves over a rumour of a £20m release clause :snod:

True.

What i've heard is we're in a for a defender playing in the championship now either on loan or permanent with a major defender signing in the summer from elsewhere and that Carr is off to watch AZ v Ajax this weekend not with a view to now but for the summer.

mmmmm

It'll be a player 90% of the forum have never heard of before and by the time the season has finished we will all be shitting ourselves over a rumour of a £20m release clause :snod:

True.

What i've heard is we're in a for a defender playing in the championship now either on loan or permanent with a major defender signing in the summer from elsewhere and that Carr is off to watch AZ v Ajax this weekend not with a view to now but for the summer.

mmmmm

That would be more impressive if the Mariappa link hadn't already been made and posted before. :lol:

True.

mmmmm

That would be more impressive if the Mariappa link hadn't already been made and posted before. :lol:

Again, i've never heard of him and never had a name mentioned either just that we wanted someone as cover either on loan or permanent and that the person in mind was currently playing in the Championship.

Dexter Franklin-Beck @DexterFB 1h  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open

#newcastle interested in #mariappa? What a great deal #Watford get if they receive anything for that waste of space

Let's hope Dexter Franklin Beck is a German scientist who hasn't a clue about football however is on some weird experimental trip which make's him conjure up needless remarks via twitter about Watford City defenders.

Dexter Franklin-Beck @DexterFB 1h  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open

#newcastle interested in #mariappa? What a great deal #Watford get if they receive anything for that waste of space

Let's hope Dexter Franklin Beck is a German scientist who hasn't a clue about football however is on some weird experimental trip which make's him conjure up needless remarks via twitter about Watford City defenders.

Close enough, he's seemingly a bloke from Watford who supports Chelsea. This is known as the 'Tim Lovejoy syndrome' and some of the symptoms include being a cunt and knowing fuck all about football.

Guest MrSundlofer

Safe to say he is no threat from set pieces

He scored one goal from set pieces last season and did a 'Steven Taylor run' - happy and fast - to his own half celebrating the goal.

Tend to agree with this. I don't know the lad but he's at a good age, is seemingly one of the better defenders down there, gives us a bit more pace at the back and has (from looking at Wiki) an excellent fitness record.

He could be shit, but even if he's a similar level to Mike Williamson he will be a sound signing for the second half of this season.

Agree with this. A low risk way of improving the squad depth. I'm all for it.