Adrian Mariappa stays at Watford

Skirge

Really, the first choice pairing (stevo and colo) are good enough for atleast a top 5 finish. With a midfield trio working hard (jonas, tiote, cabaye) infront. Very little will get through that. Stevo offers great strength in the air(moreso then willo after this weekend atleast). And I'm totally confident when we had them back there. Would much rather have a better cheaper option as a wrecker and an up and comming CB aswell.

More importantly, we need a left back. Santon is way too one footed to play leftie imo.

Don't understand why Kadar is not being given the chance. Pardew must not have liked something he has seen from work effort or maybe he just has not progressed skill wise.

Happy enough for this lad to come in assuming he is not totally shit and is an upgrade on Perch/Simpson for that position. Would like to know if he has decent technique, pace and positional sense as for me technique and pace are Williamsons biggest let downs (Although I think positionally he tends to be pretty good)

Guest bimpy474

Never seen him play BUT we need a CB, that much is clear

I think it makes sense to go for a cheap option now and then spend bigger in the summer when it will be easier to buy (Mbiwa for example) and more options available

I'd be surprised if we got another CB in the summer. Taylor and Colo will be first choice, with Williamson, Mariappa and Perch being backup.

This signing would also help bring up the number of homegrown players we have, which is needed for the Premier League and the off chance we get in to Europe.

Were absolutely fine in terms of homegrown players as it stands now mate ;)

GG:

"been quality all season, calm and collected ball-playing centre-back who'd look a lot better in an actual football team. bit short, which is why he's been overlooked by bigger clubs for so long. would cost at least £2.5m though."

Scott Wilson @Scottwilsonecho 3m  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open

Mind you, a formal bid for Mariappa could force clubs like West Ham, Ajax and Boro to soften their stance on players #NUFC want - we'll see.

:lol:

oh aye its a bluff.. fkn hell

Ajax Director: vertonghen pricetag is £10m  :troll:

Newcastle : :scared: Mind you we just made a bid for Mariappa

Ajax Director : :serious: OK OK OK OK £7m

Really, the first choice pairing (stevo and colo) are good enough for atleast a top 5 finish. With a midfield trio working hard (jonas, tiote, cabaye) infront. Very little will get through that. Stevo offers great strength in the air(moreso then willo after this weekend atleast). And I'm totally confident when we had them back there. Would much rather have a better cheaper option as a wrecker and an up and comming CB aswell.

More importantly, we need a left back. Santon is way too one footed to play leftie imo.

Lovelo postie matie. Canny agreeo morie like

Scott Wilson @Scottwilsonecho 3m  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open

Mind you, a formal bid for Mariappa could force clubs like West Ham, Ajax and Boro to soften their stance on players #NUFC want - we'll see.

oh aye its a bluff.. fkn hell

Ajax Director: vertonghen pricetag is £10m    :tobey:

Newcastle :  :notbad: Mind you we just made a bid for Mariappa

Ajax Director :  :okay: OK OK OK OK £7m

Newcastle:  :memeyeah:

fixed

Lovelo postie matie. Canny agreeo morie like

Same, it's going to be a difficult signing to improve on our first-choice CBs, it would take a really great buy. For CB what we need is a capable deputy who is maybe a bit more athletic than Willocini and can deal more with the likes of Long and Johnson.

Guest Brazilianbob

5'11" 202 games for Watford 3 goals

Safe to say he is no threat from set pieces

:D

He will be a threat if he has only ever gone up for three set pieces :-)

Willing to have faith that we've actually watched him enough to judge him. I've no clue personally.

This.  Cover at centre half and nobody out the door and I'm quite happy personally, would be miles better than expected given that we've brought Cisse in.

Well the Watford fans seem to rate him highly, I would have wanted a real quality centre back (like Samba) but after the Cisse signing that isnt going to happen. Before Williamson suddenly turned 'shit' we had one top class centre back and two good ones. Mariappa sounds like he could be another on Williamsons level, shorter but a lot quicker.

That would do for me.

Happy with signing one of the Championships best as 4th choice centre back.  We are 1 injury or suspension off Perch right now.

Aye, i would be happy if he's signed for depth as i said before i have not seen him much but what i did see it seemed he was definitely better than Perch.

I was just negative over it initially because we was told we was getting a defender that would fit straight in the side etc etc and IMO Marriapa isnt that.

If he's just for depth then it will prove to be a good signing IMO.

Love midget centrebacks. They tend to conform to the theory that midget centrebacks have to be pretty damn good at defending overall to make it at this level/get in ahead of the 6'3 and above behemoth centrebacks scattered everywhere. Otherwise these midgets would get shunted out to the fullback positions.