sunderland

JH

Guest Roger Kint

I've never been confident going into a derby game and never will be. 

This. Was shitting myself even at 2-0 last year. It was only during half time when pissing out about 10 pints in the hell that is the upper Gallowgate bogs that i started thinking this was going to be special :D

Guest pintofscottsellers

This. Was shitting myself even at 2-0 last year. It was only during half time when pissing out about 10 pints in the hell that is the upper Gallowgate bogs that i started thinking this was going to be special :D

A sit there now, them bogs are an absolute nightmare.

Guest Roger Kint

A sit there now, them bogs are an absolute nightmare.

Swear its quicker to buy & drink a pint then go for a burger than just having a simple piss in there. Idiots create a bottleneck and all fight over the first 10 bogs rather than the 100 behind them...

Wasn't until Bramble got sent off for me even though they were shite beyond belief. Turn into a right knacker pessimist at important games.

Guest Roger Kint

Wasn't until Bramble got sent off for me even though they were shite beyond belief. Turn into a right knacker pessimist at important games.

Same here, its like part of me knows the club will break me if i dare to dream

It would be silly to disrespect Sunderlands decent players and management, yet if we play to our capabilities we are more than capable of slamming them yet again.

I just think Villa's team is set up to win. There centre mid is stronger than our makeshift centre mid, if we play a high line we will get raped by Bent and especially Gabby if he plays. Although we should have too much fire power for them if we start Ba, Cisse and Ben Arfa but that is down to Pardew. We should win, but Pardew's tactics and team selection have been shocking recently, so going on that I'd predict a 2-1 defeat.

Play a deeper defence with Guthrie and Perch covering in front of the defence, then fill the front half with pace, with Ba in the team we can bet the house our finishing will be better than theirs, can't afford to try and play to high up and try and be too clever in midfield, theirs is alright, ours depleted. Why are we talking about villa here? Oops

McCleish is a manager who considers central midfields to be functional, without invention, something to pack purely to be defensive. Wouldn't concern about them hoarding possession, but worry about then sitting back grabbing ball and hitting on break.

it will be very telling how he sets us up for this one, as its clear that pardew likes setting his team up to press as far up the pitch as he can, but he has already acknowledged that this villa team are strong and quick on the break.  this makes a risky strategy even less likely to pay off.  it will be telling, because if anything sunderland are faster and stronger on the break, and i'd be very much happier knowing pardew has a ploy which can help us in such a game, especially after the way we were undone against fulham, and to a lesser extent the chances blackburn wasted through the week

i trust him, but i'm hoping to be given even more reason to trust him tomorrow.

2 0 to us

After Gardner waving imaginary cards at the ref in the Boro game,yesterday a few of the Sunderland players remonstrating with the ref to send Huth off.

They're developing a cheating culture under O'Niell which no one in football wants to see and he needs to stamp it out.