sunderland

JH

The city's not getting the blame really. It's just the OP who's implying it (he's either completely got the wrong end of the stick or is simply trolling). Davies' wife is getting a lot of stick in that thread though.

If anything, Newcastle is the main attraction for players joining Sunderland.

Not in the slightest bit worried about the derby, their players have shown they crumble when it comes to this derby and I expect that that will continue. Most likely they will be behind us on points which will crank up the pressure even more. Also by then Ba and Cisse will have had a few games under their belt

MARTIN O'NEILL dug out his French O-level books so he could praise Stephane Sessegnon... and fine the striker.

The Sunderland boss joked about chasing up a minor club penalty after a mix-up over Sessegnon's time-keeping.

O'Neill and in-form Sessegnon are getting by on 'Franglais' at the moment — with the player netting four goals and adding eight assists in their run of 16 points from 21.

Ahead of a trip to Stoke, the manager said: "Sess has been a delight to work with since I arrived and he's had a tremendous impact on the pitch, he's been a real gem.

"Off the pitch, he's very quiet. His English is better than my French but to help, I've dug out the dictionary from my old French O-level.

"I check a couple of words before writing them down to show him. One said 'you have not paid your fine!' "

Sessegnon hit another superb goal in the 3-0 midweek romp against Norwich to push the Black Cats up to eighth.

The Benin-born star is making up for lost time having been signed by Steve Bruce for £6million from Paris St. Germain a year ago.

O'Neill admits his attempts at French had surprise spin-offs for Sunderland's South Korean striker Ji Dong-won.

He joked: "It often comes out in a sort of South Korean accent — it's the only time Ji understood me!

"Sess is brilliant and he knows what you're saying to him — even if he's never gone to the bank to get the money to pay his fine!"

The Black Cats boss also backed James McClean, 22, to make a late bid for a place in the Republic of Ireland's Euro 2012 squad.

The winger has been a revelation since O'Neill gave him a Premier League debut in a win against Blackburn before Christmas.

O'Neill said: "They could not fail to be impressed by the lad."

;D ;D

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4108266/Martin-ONeill-dug-out-his-French-O-level-books-so-he-could-praise-Stephane-Sessegnon-and-fine-the-striker.html

Guest Geordiesned

Only just realised that Wireside is on Twitter (@masterplan_safc) and the majority of his tweets are about how Sessegnon is better than Ben Arfa, Sessegnon is WORLD CLASS and Sessegnon is the best player in the league. :lol:

Only just realised that Wireside is on Twitter (@masterplan_safc) and the majority of his tweets are about how Sessegnon is better than Ben Arfa, Sessegnon is WORLD CLASS and Sessegnon is the best player in the league. :lol:

At one point was he not a quite reasonable poster? Then he just went absolutely batsh*t.

hes canny like -moody, picks his games, and will be gone by September.