sunderland

JH

For years I used to call Springfield instead of Sunderland...

Brain's a funny thing.

thing is there's loads of springfileds, theres only one sunderland (thankfully) and thats too many.

my nasty town here in the states has a sunderland st.  but no newcastle!  :tickedoff:

yeah but you have to remember where the name comes from, it's a mix of sun and under-land, the sun under land is like a dante description of hell. I've been and thats not far off.

It actually comes from the land that was cast asunder years ago. The locals of the time left the area and it became the 'Sundered land' the ''land cast asunder''. Bloke who I used to work with was pretty hot on his local history. He may have been wrong but that's his version of it. 

These s*** c***s are rock bottom of the form guide.

Exactly where both clubs should be.

Nah, Sunderland aint the best, but certainly better then 20th. Sunderland are more like a 12-16 range IMO.

Aye 12-16 is as good as it will ever get for them but I think they will go down.

Man Utd, Chelsea, Newcastle, Everton their next 4 games after tomorrow...they're getting zero points.

stoke and southampton at home after that though. think they'll get out of it but there'll be some pants getting cacked on the way

Imagine if they go into that Stoke game in the bottom 3 though, good chance of it.  :iamatwat:

Martyball vs Pulisby. A game for the purist no doubt.

Brain's a funny thing.

thing is there's loads of springfileds, theres only one sunderland (thankfully) and thats too many.

my nasty town here in the states has a sunderland st.  but no newcastle!  :tickedoff:

yeah but you have to remember where the name comes from, it's a mix of sun and under-land, the sun under land is like a dante description of hell. I've been and thats not far off.

It actually comes from the land that was cast asunder years ago. The locals of the time left the area and it became the 'Sundered land' the ''land cast asunder''. Bloke who I used to work with was pretty hot on his local history. He may have been wrong but that's his version of it. 

i made mine up but it fits.

i'd be surprised if his version was right mind saying as that sort of land, port land and very fertile was always prime and the that it fits too easy into todays language and maybe not that of the time.

These s*** c***s are rock bottom of the form guide.

Exactly where both clubs should be.

Nah, Sunderland aint the best, but certainly better then 20th. Sunderland are more like a 12-16 range IMO.

Aye 12-16 is as good as it will ever get for them but I think they will go down.

Man Utd, Chelsea, Newcastle, Everton their next 4 games after tomorrow...they're getting zero points.

stoke and southampton at home after that though. think they'll get out of it but there'll be some pants getting cacked on the way

Imagine if they go into that Stoke game in the bottom 3 though, good chance of it.  :iamatwat:

Martyball vs Pulisby. A game for the purist no doubt.

be like watching wimbledon (tennis not the football club), just your head going side to side, up side side to side, up....repeat ad finitum.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvoOeomXlqNLCro2-zWTAa1tHpG6IJJ3fV0ohKFeOftfhkzOOLog

probably got my english history all wrong, but is this the first ever derby day image?  (obviously won by us!)  :D

200 views & nothing?  did i woosh myself?  :buck2:

It's commonly said that the first 'Derby' between us and Sunderland was the Battle of Bouldon Hill in the civil war. Newcastle Royalist and Sunderland Parliamentarians. Sunderland won.

No idea what it is you've posted.

The Battle of Bolden Hill was, in fact, a battle between cavalier force stationed in the castle of Newcastle. Against an army of Scots with a small compliment of looters, ne'er do wells, whores and camp followers from the Sunderland area. The final result was a score draw. Both sides retired after skirmishing.

Brain's a funny thing.

It does mean 'Sundered land' but in this case 'sundered' means separated.  It was part of the Monastery lands belonging to Monkwearmouth and as such was separate from the surrounding area

Brain's a funny thing.

It does mean 'Sundered land' but in this case 'sundered' means separated.  It was part of the Monastery lands belonging to Monkwearmouth and as such was separate from the surrounding area

Perhaps? Long time since he told the tale tbh it's something like that. :thup:

Brain's a funny thing.

Nope, there's another sunderland about 90 miles from the original.