sunderland

JH

Without Steven Fletcher's goals this season Sunderland would be bottom of the Premier League & nine points from safety.

Not convinced Graham can step in. Someone has to, or they will be an easy club to catch for the chasing pack.

But he is there striker and he has scored those goals. Not a dig at you mate, just those sort of stats/statements are my football pet hate.

"Without player X, team Y would be here...". Pointless as the fact is that player is there to do that job.

Without Steven Fletcher's goals this season Sunderland would be bottom of the Premier League & nine points from safety.

Not convinced Graham can step in. Someone has to, or they will be an easy club to catch for the chasing pack.

Not convinced that would be the case in reality tbh, same when people said similar about us and Ba.

Just like i'm not convinced Barca would be 4th in La Liga without Messi like the stats say.

Football simply doesn't work that way.

from @SimonPryde Simon Pryde twitter

#safc pair Steven Fletcher and Lee Cattermole will not play again this season. More on #totalsport tonight

Hope it's serious.  In fact, I hope his career's over.  Check my class. 

:thup: travesty of a footballer, him.

Guest Geordiesned

There's one thing for certain, with or without Stephen Fletcher Mackems would sleep with their sisters...

from @SimonPryde Simon Pryde twitter

#safc pair Steven Fletcher and Lee Cattermole will not play again this season. More on #totalsport tonight

Hope it's serious.  In fact, I hope his career's over.  Check my class. 

:thup: travesty of a footballer, him.

shame as he started out very good when he broke through at boro. wouldn't care if he never kicked a ball again. one of the few players I've seen go out on the pitch with the intent to injjure.

I won't laugh or a celebrate a footballers injury, except in very special circumstances. Certainly puts Sunderland in a very interesting position.

Wigan have a game in hand. Win that and Sunderland are only a point above the drop zone. Sunderland have Man United, Chelsea, us and Everton in their next 4 games. Going to be very close for them.

Be amazing if we can drop them well and truly in the shit.

Only way really is if they lose almost every game, one win will be enough, couple of draws might even do it, even they aren't going to be that bad by the end, at some point motivation kicks in, even if its just about a 40% payout for their star players.

Even though he's a dirty cunt and limited footballer losing Clattermong for the rest of the season is a blow. Truely believe we didnt beat them simply down to his early tackle on Tiote as it really unsettled us for the entire first half, he's a twat, but he's their twat and is needed, especially right now. Felt hers goals have been vital, lose Sess for any length and its may happen. mingelot is a good keeper, but Westwood is canny, it wouldn't be the massive loss Sess is, he's their only player with any ability to run with the ball and do something at the end of it.

Just saw some statement saying without Fletcher's goals Sunderland would be 20th.

It really pisses me off when people say stuff like that 'If he hadn't scored those goals they'd be 12 points worse off and be..' Yeah, cause football works like that. You don't consider the fact if he wasn't playing someone else might.

Stupid theory.

Just saw some statement saying without Fletcher's goals Sunderland would be 20th.

It really pisses me off when people say stuff like that 'If he hadn't scored those goals they'd be 12 points worse off and be..' Yeah, cause football works like that. You don't consider the fact if he wasn't playing someone else might.

Stupid theory.

Like how Barca would be 3rd or something without Messi's goals.

Guest neesy111

Stupid theory.

Where would we be with Ba's goals from earlier in the season?

Stupid theory.

If you take in to account who steps in, Saha or Wickham, then its not stupid at all.

With the Ba case it was different as we had Cisse on the wing and he's a capable striker played in the right position, Barca and Messi (ridiculous counter argument) well they have several amazing players to step in.

Fletcher has been really important to them. This injury at the start of the season would no doubt see them in real trouble.

The stat just shows how important he is to them as he is their main goalscorer and they don't have many others capable of finding the back of the net. Without him for the rest of the season, they are going to seriously struggle as the transfer window is closed and the other players available look absolutely toothless.

Stupid theory.

If you take in to account who steps in, Saha or Wickham, then its not stupid at all.

With the Ba case it was different as we had Cisse on the wing and he's a capable striker played in the right position, Barca and Messi (ridiculous counter argument) well they have several amazing players to step in.

Fletcher has been really important to them. This injury at the start of the season would no doubt see them in real trouble.

I'm not saying you can't say 'If he hadn't scored those goals they'd be in a much worse position' but to say lets take those goals away and calculate the exact points they'd be on is completely ridiculous.

Bar Reading, they probably have the worst form in the league. I think they'll survive but they've got some very tough games coming up- all it takes is a couple of losses and those around you to win it and the pressure is cranked up a few notches. Most of their games are against some of the top sides or sides in and around them, and then there's the derby. Reading may have the new manager effect and pick up a few wins, that could make things interesting.

Cattermole is influential for them, he'll be a miss. Fletcher is pretty much their only source of goals and that's before taking into account they're not prolific scorers anyway. I wouldn't rule out relegation for them. I hope they go down and rot.

If they weren't in serious s*** before (which most mackems might say), they are in deep, deep s*** now. Losing Fletcher is really a killer blow (unless Graham goes on a brilliant run of form...)

Stupid theory.

I'm not saying you can't say 'If he hadn't scored those goals they'd be in a much worse position' but to say lets take those goals away and calculate the exact points they'd be on is completely ridiculous.

I agree, exact no, but like said looking at the replacements its closer than the other counter examples given. Luckily they bought Graham, like for like even if its a downgrade.