sunderland

JH

Being a sunderland fan from when he was young usually gets you a MBE in Sunderland.

Vandalising poor innocent people's cars in Newcastle seems to work too.

You go to the top of the CLASS for that

MoN is an above average manager ? That remains to be seen. Nothing I've seen so far in his career would suggest that.

:lol: what?

what do you class as an average manager then?

MON is just an Irish KK. Above average motivator, lacking in the other skills needed to be a decent manager.

This.

However you feel about KK walking away for a second time, he is a lot more than a decent manager. If you think playing some of the best and most exciting football the PL has seen makes him just decent then you're wrong. He created fluid football, gave players confidence to do what they wanted to do and played people in their best roles. I don't wish to bring up another KK debate but I'm not going to stand for anyone calling him just a decent manager.

Eesh, it was said firmly tongue in cheek but Keegan was never pulling up trees tactically, he brought in flair players and gave them the confidence to perform at their maximum. Arguably, Pards has more tactical nous. [/controversial]

O'Neill is similar to Keegan in that way, the vast majority of his results are due to the confidence and belief he instills in the players.

MoN is an above average manager ? That remains to be seen. Nothing I've seen so far in his career would suggest that.

MON is just an Irish KK. Above average motivator, lacking in the other skills needed to be a decent manager.

This.

However you feel about KK walking away for a second time, he is a lot more than a decent manager. If you think playing some of the best and most exciting football the PL has seen makes him just decent then you're wrong. He created fluid football, gave players confidence to do what they wanted to do and played people in their best roles. I don't wish to bring up another KK debate but I'm not going to stand for anyone calling him just a decent manager.

Eesh, it was said firmly tongue in cheek but Keegan was never pulling up trees tactically, he brought in flair players and gave them the confidence to perform at their maximum. Arguably, Pards has more tactical nous. [/controversial]

O'Neill is similar to Keegan in that way, the vast majority of his results are due to the confidence and belief he instills in the players.

Yeah, but this intial phase of success of sunderland is because they where so low, mentally.  HE came in they all got excited, he raised to morale of the players, itll all trail off again and for sunderland to be succesful with him next season, he'll need and also demand a shit load of money.

This.

You could argue that Pardew has more tactical nous than Keegan but you could make the same argument for Sam Allardyce. Whether it's tactical nous or just impressive sounding sales patter we'll know as things pan out. Keegan's biggest drawback for me was his lack of appetite for working within a budget which pretty much meant he was doomed here once the big spending days were over. But tactics or no tactics he got his team to practise what he preached and it was great to watch. Let's see how we finish this season before we start handing out plaudits for Pardew's football knowledge.

text from a mackem, 'absolutely disgraceful.  Worst performance of the season by far'.  I replied asking if he seriously meant that to include anything Bruce served up this season.  The reply was just 'yes'. 

:lol:

Ha! The honeymoon period is officially over.

On another note, just seen Ji's miss from last night's game ;D ;D

Its fucking great watching the mackems get ahead of themselves, and announce they've arrived on the world stage, so often. and see it all crumble before thier eyes. happens time and again, and yet they still go through the same process. Its like a fucking disease on Wearside :lol:.

Watch next as they realise they havent won the cup even tho they are already planning the European trips. :lol:

If i remember correctly this happened quite often at Villa, they would go through a period of looking fantastic as though they would qualify for the champions league and then they would go through big dip in form, which was usually put down to a small squad(his relatively large budget was also often ignored by the media). I wouldn't be surprised to see this dip continue, but who knows. It will be interesting to see if he follows the same type of transfer dealings as he did at villa.

If i remember correctly this happened quite often at Villa, they would go through a period of looking fantastic as though they would qualify for the champions league and then they would go through big dip in form, which was usually put down to a small squad(his relatively large budget was also often ignored by the media). I wouldn't be surprised to see this dip continue, but who knows. It will be interesting to see if he follows the same type of transfer dealings as he did at villa.

yep, he needs to find some new workmen who will believe his blarney for a while........

repeat forever.

Its f***ing great watching the mackems get ahead of themselves, and announce they've arrived on the world stage, so often. and see it all crumble before thier eyes. happens time and again, and yet they still go through the same process. Its like a f***ing disease on Wearside :lol:.

Watch next as they realise they havent won the cup even tho they are already planning the European trips. :lol:

Some lad on Total Sport was gutted the other day cause he booked his holidays at the time of the final. It doesn't really matter if they get there, on paper they already are the FA Cup holders.

One thing I remember brummie saying is that O'Neill is pretty much an old-fashioned manager who hasn't really adapted to modern football. That is, O'Neill apparently sticks to old routines and doesn't really incorporate the more modern methods/tactics into training. This could go against the mackems in the long term like (if he stays there for the long haul [5+ years], that is).

This.

You could argue that Pardew has more tactical nous than Keegan but you could make the same argument for Sam Allardyce. Whether it's tactical nous or just impressive sounding sales patter we'll know as things pan out. Keegan's biggest drawback for me was his lack of appetite for working within a budget which pretty much meant he was doomed here once the big spending days were over. But tactics or no tactics he got his team to practise what he preached and it was great to watch. Let's see how we finish this season before we start handing out plaudits for Pardew's football knowledge.

:lol: It's hardly handing out plaudits to say that Pardew has more tactical nous than Keegan :lol:

FWIW, KK had great sales patter - read his autobiography and the stuff he span to SJH in order to get the funds released to bring in better players. I'd argue that his sales patter was far superior to anything Pards or FSA could concoct.

Guest bimpy474

Just watched the Backroom battle on NUFC TV, and Andy Woodman called someone on the Sunderland bench "Baked Bean Face"

Wonder who it was, as JC and Stoney wouldn't say :D

Guest BooBoo

Just turned Total Sport on.  First thing I hear is Marco Gabbiadaftcunt mid-sentence saying 'we've had more midweek games than most other teams'.

More s*** excuses.

Sunderland: there's always an excuse.

MoN's problem has always been that he doesn't really trust foreign players so he ends up paying over the odds for British players. Unless you can afford the very best that means you can end up with a team that's hard working and committed but not quite good enough to challenge for the European slots. Then he gets pissed of with coming up short after a couple of years and resigns.

don't you mean once, at villa?

Villa's really the only real barometer though. His side at Leicester was fairly basic and route one and it's hard to judge his time in Scottish football with it being a sub-standard league. He spent a lot of money at Villa to stand still.

leicester weren't great but they certainly weren't hoofball merchants either, lets not forget he won the league cup twice with them as well

this is getting out of hand, let's assume there are the following broad categories of manager:

shit

poor

average

above average

good

great

o'neill is somewhere between above average and good for me, keegan for a time burned between good and looking great but ultimately he'll never be viewed as anything more than above average imo

Leicester under MON  weren't a long ball hoof team?

Give me a pint of what mojo's on..

Not only were they a hoof it team, they relied on set-pieces an awful lot too.

Just turned Total Sport on.  First thing I hear is Marco Gabbiadaftcunt mid-sentence saying 'we've had more midweek games than most other teams'.

More s*** excuses.

Be wrong n all.

Fairly certain Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man C/U, Spurs & Stoke have rustled up a few Euro/LC games more than the mackems will have played.

If they were better and didn't need to draw against every fucker in the cup they wouldn't have the problem in the first place.

Dim cunt.