sunderland

JH

I think it would be decent to have a few mackems on the board, providing it doesn't decline into slagging matches. Sadly most posters on this forum try and make any rival fan have a "RTG style meltdown" and the poster ends up getting into an argument.

Some of the best posts on this forum come from people like Neil, Leffe and Brummmie. There has been some good mackems on in the past like Definitely Maybe, would be good to have a few more.

Every time we get a Mackem it follows this spiral

1. Joins the board and is pretty reasonable

2. Some over-react and think he's crazy

3. He gets a bit defensive

4. Everyone goes aaah you're alright really

5. He goes batshit mental and returns to RTG

6. Repeat

Not really bothered what they think too much but it is quite funny how they never learn... asking if Debuchy is so good then why isn't a bigger club in for him and how are we getting him so cheap, forgetting that Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Cisse, Ba and Santon to an extent are already perfect examples that we can get top quality players over the line for a good fee.

Half of them think that lot are s**** though.

Never thought of that, they are blinded by bitterness and hatred.

Don't know about anyone else but on the rare occasion the mackems have a few decent players I'm willing to admit it and not be a 10 year old about it.

They do have a few good players but none that would get in my first 11 apart from maybe Bardsley or O'Shea at right back (if we don't sign Debuchby).

Mignolet, Larsson, Sess and Derryphant man are all good players though even if the last one is a little one dimensional.

Basically waited for any excuse to stop going to matches. Goal-line technology is that excuse.

:lol: that's what I thought. Who can blame the poor lad tbf, 600 mile round trip to go to Sunderland and get cheesy chip wrappers blown in your face whilst watching John O'shea and Lee Cattermole lumber about.

Nicolas Medina

Peter Reid described Medina, perhaps somewhat unhelpfully, as "the complete midfield player" upon his £3.5m arrival at Sunderland - although, having not been accustomed to watching such a player regularly before, it's not as if the Black Cats supporters wouldn't have been able to spot that for themselves had it been true.

What they were left to watch, however, was ... well, they never really got to watch the Argentine - Medina (who now plays for the marvellously titled O'Higgins in his homeland) made just one FA Cup appearance during his time with the club, becoming their most expensive signing never to feature in a league encounter. More "the complete benchwarmer", then.

:kasper: :mackems:

Martin O'Neill has promised to step up his search for new recruits ahead of Sunderland's start to the season.

The Black Cats have so far only managed to sign Carlos Cuellar on a free transfer and will head out on their pre-season tour to South Korea on Monday with just a solitary new face.

However, O'Neill admits to having a few irons in the fire which he hopes will come to fruition in the coming weeks.

"I have made one or two enquiries, but I have not progressed anything greatly at this moment," he told the Sunderland Echo."

"That's the best way of saying it. It's early. We've just been back a day or two and I've got a couple of things floating around in my mind.

"I haven't done anything definite. I've made the enquiries and said to people, keep us informed. But now I will start to develop things a bit more.

"I'm hoping the players that I'm interested in will be attracting the interest of other teams as well. If there's nobody interested in them, then you worry!

"There's players who I would certainly be prioritising and those are the ones I would genuinely like to get, if at all possible. But I haven't narrowed it down to an extent when I'm not thinking of other options."

Wouldn't fill me with confidence if I were them, pretty negative spin on things considering this summer is the summer of change. He could quite easily be keeping his cards close to his chest but I assumed he'd be making early moves after assessing the squad for over half a season: doesn't seem to be much planning, lets see what we get offered approach.

lucky for them he's a 'top class manager'

the come down will be horrific, O'neill's ability is this seasons  'best squad in years', 'mags green with envy', 'transfer wimdow alight'. we all know how it'll end.

The thing is, they get so monumentally behind a manager to the point of blind support

"In Brewsey we trust, if he's good enough for Brewce, he's good enough for me"

"I trust MON's judgement, he will thrive under MON"

It's only when it does go tits up, they are forced to perform a massive u-turn now they have egg on their faces.  This has been going on for years.

The silly fuckers :yao:

Had a mackem comedian headlining the club last night. Lovely bloke, die hard Sunderland fan...

However, in the 4000+ gigs he's done, he always signs off with "FTM" & being the only geordie in Exeter I was the only one to get it. Twat

Had a mackem comedian headlining the club last night. Lovely bloke, die hard Sunderland fan...

However, in the 4000+ gigs he's done, he always signs off with "FTM" & being the only geordie in Exeter I was the only one to get it. Twat

:lol: Tbf that's pretty funny, just see if he gets a reaction from someone somewhere. You say anything to him after? Fuck him over on some of his pay? :snod:

However, in the 4000+ gigs he's done, he always signs off with "FTM" & being the only geordie in Exeter I was the only one to get it. t***

:lol: