sunderland

JH

It's not as terrible a signing as you lot are making out. It's by no means a great one, but he'll stick a few goals away for them. Obviously will be nowhere near as prolific as the great unwashed are making out, and his wages are probably ludicrous, but it's not a horrible signing. If we signed him to be a back-up striker I'd be pretty fine with that - he tore us a new one when we got hammered by Spurs last year.

Guest Stephen927

He's still decent and will get goals when he's fit but they're going to rely on him far more than they should.

It's not as terrible a signing as you lot are making out. It's by no means a great one, but he'll stick a few goals away for them. Obviously will be nowhere near as prolific as the great unwashed are making out, and his wages are probably ludicrous, but it's not a horrible signing. If we signed him to be a back-up striker I'd be pretty fine with that - he tore us a new one when we got hammered by Spurs last year.

Surely they Should be aiming a bit higher than Saha though?!

Problem is it's still a huge gamble which they shouldn't really be taking in there position. Man Utd could afford a gamble on Michael Owen, didn't set to lose anything, but this lot are hardly flooded with strikers and have money to burn. I do agree with what you say in this post but if he get's injured then this has massively back fired on them and the likely chances are is that he will get crocked.

Surely they Should be aiming a bit higher than Saha though?!

Yup, maybe they should, or indeed maybe they have, but given that nobody wants to play there/they don't have the draw of European football, the likelihood of swift progress or any great players beyond Sessegnon, I reiterate that it's not a horrible signing - unless it's like 3-5 years, £50,000 per week. Then it's a total albatross. If it's 1-2 years with a non-enormous pay packet, as a transition signing to keep you ticking over for a year or two it's not awful.

Done a bit of a write-up, thanks chiefly to what brummie has said in here recently, which can be found here.

I really really hope Saha gets more than one year out of Marty, because that's all he'll be good for. If he gets a second year he'll so obviously be injured/shit for nearly all of it and waste a nice chunk off the wage bill.