sunderland

JH

Do any of the people on here who refer to others as  'Spastics' or 'mongs', ever consider that they should think before using terms for the disabled as insults?

I can see that the Para-olympics has made a huge difference to your thinking. Anyone using racist terms and language would be pulled to bits but it seems like its O.K.

to deride the disabled.

Do any of the people on here who refer to others as  'Spastics' or 'mongs', ever consider that they should think before using terms for the disabled as insults?

I can see that the Para-olympics has made a huge difference to your thinking. Anyone using racist terms and language would be pulled to bits but it seems like its O.K.

to deride the disabled.

Nice avatar by the way.

to deride the disabled.

You are the only one associating spastic and mongs with the para-Olympics.

Disgraceful iyam.  :rolleyes:

to deride the disabled.

Nice avatar by the way.

Its self deprecation.

to deride the disabled.

Spastics short for Spastic diplegia otherwise known cerebral palsy, and mongs, short for mongoloidism otherwise known as Down,s syndrome, are competing at the para-olympics. To be honest I am surprised at you and Cajun for seeming to side with the use of these terms. Both of you have stuck me as decent posters.

to deride the disabled.

Spastics short for Spastic diplegia otherwise known cerebral palsy, and mongs, short for mongoloidism otherwise known as Down,s syndrome, are competing at the para-olympics. To be honest I am surprised at you and Cajun for seeming to side with the use of these terms. Both of you have stuck me as decent posters.

As said in the reply to your PM, you are using the 'I'm not racist, my friends are black' in defence of your avatar as it in no way reflects anything you have gone through. You are taking the piss out of 'window lickers' but have a go at others who do the same.

Not saying either is right but you certainly don't have the moral high ground.

to deride the disabled.

Well there lies your first mistake.  :lol:

I just think people are a bit too quick to be offended for other people, its become a culture in GB recently, and just doesn't do it for me.

I think their societies have moved on from that label(s) i doubt any of them see themselves as spastics or mongs, just people.

If someone directly insulted someone for their disability i'd have a totally different opinion, but in this case the offence is aimed at a totally different target, i really cannot see why it should bother you or anyone else. :)

Never said I did have any moral high ground. As I tried to explain to you in my PM the window licker avatar refers to me. I have always assumed most people choose avatars in reference to themselves, I may be wrong. You are right, most people will not know that it applies to me. Having said all that I still can't see why you would defend the use of those type of terms ???

So hang on, people can't label someone a spastic because that's an insult to the disabled, yet calling yourself a windowlicker is perfectly fine? Despite the fact windowlicker is clearly a term that has been used/ is used against those with certain disabilities. Righto. :lol:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSngzc1k4XClGuxRbfHgLwWpoqeKu4_s4VDahnC0TmMiGI0gJX

So hang on, people can't label someone a spastic because that's an insult to the disabled, yet calling yourself a windowlicker is perfectly fine? Despite the fact windowlicker is clearly a term that has been used/ is used against those with certain disabilities. Righto. :lol:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSngzc1k4XClGuxRbfHgLwWpoqeKu4_s4VDahnC0TmMiGI0gJX

Unless ..

to deride the disabled.

Im not getting involved.

:lol: