sunderland

JH

That point was an absolute gift.

watched the last half hour- sunderland had about 5% of the ball.

We did too last season tbf, but at least we hit them with our only meaningful attacks. Allowing a 10-man side to still boss you is f***ing diabolical.

Guest bimpy474

I can't imagine we looked much better at Swansea last season, other than the fact we didn't concede.

We looked like Barcelona compared to them.

Guest Wally_McFool

I can't imagine we looked much better at Swansea last season, other than the fact we didn't concede.

We let them knock the ball about in their own  half and in the centre circle area then quite simply snuffed 'em out and did them on the break.

From RTG

I miss how well we could play it around the midfield, our best midfield since Sess, Catts, Hendo, Steed and Zenden, yet we insist on hoofing it up to a target man and letting the opposition have the advantage. Very frustrating.

MON is a great motivator and can spot a great player, but it's massively frustrating to watch all this talent go to waste, especially when we know what Sess can do at his feet, likewise with Johnson. Bruce played the ball around nicely and we created a lot of chances with a team full of average players (and Cattermole playing the midfield clogger).

This will probably bite me on the arse, but I'm pretty annoyed that Swansea, with 10 men, have played better than than us and the team seems happy to let Swansea have almost all the ball.

It's not like they weren't warned

I have watched countless away matches under MON which involved hanging on for dear life, getting about 2 chances all match, and taking them.

He's very, very much a 20th century manager. He'll do ok with them but the price will be like it was for us when he left - a squad of overpaid, over-expensive players who only know one way to play - a way which everyone else stopped playing three years ago.

Eh? Are we thinking of the same game? We were bloody great at Swansea last season.

I didn't watch the Sunderland game so I've no idea how they played but most complaints seemed to focus on the fact Swansea had much more of the ball. We didn't win the possession game when we played them last season either.

we looked quite clinical and in control when we got the ball against swansea, sat back and waited. From the half hour i watched Sunderland today- they were chasing shadows like headless chickens, misplacing backpases to keeper comedy style etc- and while I was watching it i wasnt aware swansea only had 10 men.

we looked quite clinical and in control when we got the ball against swansea, sat back and waited. From the half hour i watched Sunderland today- they were chasing shadows like headless chickens, misplacing backpases to keeper comedy style etc- and while I was watching it i wasnt aware swansea only had 10 men.

In fairness to them they looked good on the break in the first half.  Fortunate to get gifted the two goals from horrible Swansea defending but that doesn't matter, good result for them in the end tbh.

In fairness to them they looked good on the break in the first half.  Fortunate to get gifted the two goals from horrible Swansea defending but that doesn't matter, good result for them in the end tbh.

this is where I struggle :lol:

Johnson and McClean

What was with them coming inside all the time?

Johnson was so poor, it was unbelievable

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=727770#ixzz25EwgyXJP

:spit:

They are right about that :) both were fucking disgusting today for them :) long may it continue, sessegnon was shit as well, although tbh most of them were diabolical, on that display we have nothing to worry about them finishing above us this season - think they will finish 10th ish

Johnson and McClean

McLean is getting found out for the one-dimensional footballer that he is.

As for Johnson, the lad was playing out on the right hand side, what did they expect?  I'm beginning to wonder if any of them ever really saw Johnson in action for Man City.

Johnson and McClean

:spit:

They are right about that :) both were f***ing disgusting today for them :) long may it continue, sessegnon was s*** as well, although tbh most of them were diabolical, on that display we have nothing to worry about them finishing above us this season - think they will finish 10th ish

wey tbf if they were diabolical and managed to get a draw away to swansea, not too bad really is it