sunderland

JH

Can't believe that not a lot is being said about the Fletcher stats.

Forget about the goals, only three shots in two games is awful for a striker :lol:

13 shots from the whole team all season. Negative as fuck.

Forget about the goals, only three shots in two games is awful for a striker :lol:

I almost spat sick out of my mouth tonight when Hansen likened Lambert to MON tonight on MOTD.

Is that true? 13 shots from the whole team all season?

We had 16 in one match today. Which is probably what we'd have had across 20 matches under McFuck last year.

On SMB tonight, they were moaning a bit about Sunderland sitting back and trying to play on the counter at home.

They'd better get used to that, because that is ALL MON knows how to do, and that's what he's going to carry on doing.

The bloke is a relic.

I almost spat sick out of my mouth tonight when Hansen likened Lambert to MON tonight on MOTD.

We had 16 in one match today. Which is probably what we'd have had across 20 matches under McFuck last year.

If the BBC stats are right aye. 6 today, 4 at Swansea and 3 at Arsenal.

Some strike rate they/Fletcher has.

Most one sided draw I've ever seen. They're worse than last season. 3 draws so far but comprehensively outplayed in all. Got to admire their remaining paying supporters because I couldn't pay to watch football played like that.

13 without a win now. In MON we trust.

Most one sided draw I've ever seen. They're worse than last season. 3 draws so far but comprehensively outplayed in all. Got to admire their remaining paying supporters because I couldn't pay to watch football played like that.

Our Bobby Shinton top scoring wasn't very good and I paid to see that.

Guest firetotheworks

One thing is for sure. Rightly or wrongly, our home fans couldn't and wouldn't put up with the way Sunderland played today. There would be booing.

Guest ItalianMagpie

One thing is for sure. Rightly or wrongly, our home fans couldn't and wouldn't put up with the way Sunderland played today. There would be booing.

We don't choose to play like that, but often we do. Especially in the first half against crap opposition at home...

Guest firetotheworks

We don't choose to play like that, but often we do. Especially in the first half against crap opposition at home...

I definitely agree with you, I think it's that playing that way was the plan that where we're different.

If the BBC stats are right aye. 6 today, 4 at Swansea and 3 at Arsenal.

Some strike rate they/Fletcher has.

That's an unbelievable stat. We had 16 against Villa and we were absolute turd.

was it 6 or 7?

was it 6 or 7?

7 I'm pretty sure.

Like Mick I paid to watch that back then and it was dire. They're about as entertaining nowadays as we were back in those dark days.

Difference is that back then we were crap and couldn't do anything about it but it's their manager's plan and footballing philospophy to make them totally dull and unentertaining.

Those 8,000 or so empty seats they had yesterday are starting to look a very pale shade of pink indeed.

In fairness to the Mackems it doesn't matter what happened last season.  If you take this season on its own merits they're doing alright, two draws against Liverpool and Arsenal are canny tbh and Fletcher's hit the ground running for them.  I'd certainly take a 0-0 draw at the Emirates.

Having said that if they're not happy with the way their team's set up then they're going to be sick as parrots by the end of the season.

In fairness to the Mackems it doesn't matter what happened last season.  If you take this season on its own merits they're doing alright, two draws against Liverpool and Arsenal are canny tbh and Fletcher's hit the ground running for them.  I'd certainly take a 0-0 draw at the Emirates.

Having said that if they're not happy with the way their team's set up then they're going to be sick as parrots by the end of the season.

On the surface their results could be deemed acceptable.

Closer examination would reveal that they've been totally dominated in all three games and are fortunate not to be sitting on zero points.

It's clear that their lacklustre performances are a result of the way the manager sets his team up and it produces a dreadful to watch end product.

I don't however expect him to change his footballing philosophy. They're stuck with it.