sunderland

JH

Originally Posted by flanny1

I'm sure he'd have better clubs after him if he were available

Better clubs? We pay very competitively to the top players, have a very respected manager and play in front of big passionate crowds in a superb ground. Its about sticking your chest and saying we are Sunderland and are serious

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=749236&page=2#ixzz2FPJDzjqE

About signing Lescott on loan...

Better clubs? We pay very competitively to the top players, have a very respected manager and play in front of big passionate crowds in a superb ground. Its about sticking your chest and saying we are Sunderland and are serious

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=749236&page=2#ixzz2FPJDzjqE

Well they got one point out of four correct in that sentence. Not bad for a macum.

The only reason one point is correct is because they have to pay way over the odds for anyone to even entertain the idea of playing in such a backwater.

Given that he can't play in European competition for the rest of the season I'd imagine he'd likely go to either someone who is putting together a permanent transfer or whoever offers the most money. Unlikely but it isn't unfeasible he'd go there given their constant use of loan players.

:spit:

Lescott, man. As if :lol:

There are people on this board advocating him signing for yourselves in January on loan.

To be honest we've got about as much chance as each other of signing him.

Zero

You already have so many CH's on your books and pretty highly paid ones at that.

Our need is greater, but I agree with your Zero.

Yeah, Celtic fans I've met always talk about Rangers as their Real Madrid.

They are in that they're great rivals but Celtic's fight is very much in support of Irish republicanism, they're often in bother for singing IRA songs and you see way more Irish flags at a Celtic game than Scottish ones. I don't really understand it either.

Nobody really gives that much of a toss about Scottish independence compared to the Irish/Catalans/Basques, it's just a platform for Alex Salmond to get his fucking mug in the papers if you ask me.

It's because they were founded by irish immigrants. Glasgow had a huge influx of irish back then and still does. Look how close the ferry is from Stranraer to Belfast. Very narrow minded view you're putting forward about independence there Wullie. I think you'll find that plenty of scots give a toss about independence and Alex Salmond doesn't really matter one way or the other.

seems to me salmond is selling some type of norwegian 1970's oilfield-fuelled utopia to the scots that simply won't happen 'cause most of the oil has already been drained by us

massive case of be careful what you wish for to me, scots might not like it but to be completely independent of the UK would ruin you imo unless you could somehow ramp up tourism enough to fill the void

Lescott, man. As if :lol:

There are people on this board advocating him signing for yourselves in January on loan.

To be honest we've got about as much chance as each other of signing him.

Zero

Which club do you reckon has the best pull in general?

SSN doing a christmas club shop advent calendar thing at the moment, sunderland one has Danny Rose as the footballer helping out.

Couldn't even get a permanent signing to do it :lol:.

He looked like he wanted to kick David Craig's head in. :lol:

SSN doing a christmas club shop advent calendar thing at the moment, sunderland one has Danny Rose as the footballer helping out.

Seen this, he wasn't too happy. We're on tomorrow, no idea which player will do it.

Seen this, he wasn't too happy. We're on tomorrow, no idea which player will do it.

After the footage of the club shop before I'm hoping for  :notbad:

It'll be Demba, he'll pick up loads of stuff then leg it. All because he's a greedy bastard.

Their advert on the radio is tacky as fuck, O'Neills eleven starring Carlos Cuellar as the Wall, Adam Johnson as the Wizard and Stephen Fletcher as the target or something equally as cringe worthy.

Heard it about 3 times today.

Their advert on the radio is tacky as fuck, O'Neills eleven starring Carlos Cuellar as the Wall, Adam Johnson as the Wizard and Stephen Fletcher as the target or something equally as cringe worthy.

Heard it about 3 times today.

WTF?