sunderland

JH

Am I the only person on here that dont want Sunderland relegated?  Would miss the derby matches.

It's certainly better if they delay it till next season. The more money they give O'Neil to waste on players, the harder it would be for them to rebuild after the inevitable relegation.

Sunderland have been horrendously mismanaged during the Short 'era'. Can't believe the amount of people on that god-awful board who still think of him as "the best chairman in the league". So far he has shown he is unable to restructure the club in a sustainable manner. They are still massively overpaying in fees and salaries, in order to attract low-calibre players. I'd be very interested to read their accounts and specifically the amount the club owns to Short. Surely he can't keep on throwing 20/30 million a season with no prospect of return.

I think an embarrassing relegation, followed by losing their "top players", followed by a humiliating whooping by ourselves in one of the cups next season would be the most appropriate course of action.

Willing to sacrifice a season of derby matches for an utter rofl-fest of a relegation.

This, really.

Derbys give us the chance to show we're better. Having them in a lower division proves it beyond doubt.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Willing to sacrifice a season of derby matches for an utter rofl-fest of a relegation.

This, really.

Derbys give us the chance to show we're better. Having them in a lower division proves it beyond doubt.

I had never seen it from this point of view, it sounds quite right :lol:

This, really.

wouldn't like to see them go under but i'd quiute like them to go as far down as it's possible to get and never to have to play them in the league ever again.

This is the 4th time this season their opponents have had a man sent off in the first half - in the previous 3 they went on beat Wigan and Fulham and drew with us.

Without those 7 points they would be joint bottom, and looks like they're going to benefit again today. Jammy buggers.

Read in the paper this morning about Martin pointing out he's not had much money to spend, and only bought four players.

That's classic MON. How many other managers, with the need to get a decent number of players in, and £25m would have spunked it all on Adam Johnson and Steven Fletcher?

I'd have thought they might have looked abroad for more value, rather than two massively overpriced, average English players.