sunderland

JH

DiCanio is an even shitter appointment than McClaren, wow, this is totally stupid of them.  :lol:

This really is like appointing souness after bobby, one extreme to another, can't see anything but a total disaster.

Also it's no wonder IIA have decided to end their sponsorship while Milliband moves to New York  :lol:

forgetting the facism thing theres more than enough evidence to suggest he's an egotistical head case just from Swindon and little proof he's the kind of man you want to bring in to save your club, him being appointed maybe might help West Ham if they were in this sort of situation just because being a club legend might get everyone onside (I doubt it though), but Sunderland?

Ignoring the fact he is a fascist, what exactly has he done to be highly rated in football as a manager? :dontknow:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2yysf7l.jpg

He was appointed after Swindons relegation to League 2. Couldn't have done much better really.

Ignoring the fact he is a fascist, what exactly has he done to be highly rated in football as a manager? :dontknow:

He was appointed after Swindons relegation to League 2. Couldn't have done much better really.

would someone with the exact same record but no big playing history be getting the job?

Am I the only one who thinks he will do a good job for them?

Hmm, could fire them up but is unkown at the top level, not forgetting they have some major players out until next season.

Swindon were massive favourites, I'm sure the season before they went from 1 to 2 they just missed out on promotion to the championship. Piss easy basically, no test for a manager. If he saves the mackems from relegation it's easily the biggest thing he's done in his managerial career. Is that what you want for a relegation scrap? It's a massive gamble, I don't see the logic in it at all.

would someone with the exact same record but no big playing history be getting the job?

It's a very good record all things considered so maybe, but I see what you're saying.

DiCanio is an even shitter appointment than McClaren, wow, this is totally stupid of them.  :lol:

This really is like appointing souness after bobby, one extreme to another, can't see anything but a total disaster.

Also it's no wonder IIA have decided to end their sponsorship while Milliband moves to New York  :lol:

But this is much, much worse.

:memelol:

Swindon are an upper level League One club with the potential to be a Championship side, it was bizarre (and hilarious considering the arrogance their fans displayed to other L1 clubs) when they got relegated from L1 (they were one of the favourites for promotion that year). Their attendances and budget oustripped all of League Two.

Can see him having a half decent honeymoon period with them, just because he was a class player and has an outspoken personality, which the players will respect him/look up to him for. However he is the kind or person who will fall out with the board and players in the mid-long term, making him a very unsuitable candidate for the job, especially when continuity is something they have lacked for a long time now...

Am I the only one who thinks he will do a good job for them?

Probably.

What you basing it on?

Dunno really. He was a canny player (I know thats not a blueprint for a good manager), and I thought he had done canny with Swindon (I know, I know). I just think he will get them organised, and play players in their correct positions, which party pants was slated for. I suppose its just a gut feeling I have  :dontknow:

Good record but it sounds like anything other than that would have been a massive failure.

Maybe he will go on to be a good manager but it definitely seems a strange gamble, especially with him being a bit of a nutter. Surely a club their size could have gotten a more proven manager.