sunderland

JH

Guest Roger Kint

Did he do a Nazi salute after the game of something? Someone on FB is saying he did one to the fans at the end  :undecided:

Did he do a Nazi salute after the game of something? Someone on FB is saying he did one to the fans at the end  :undecided:

He was fairly shouting in Sessegnon's ear like. Seriously.

Soz if giggs (I haven't seen it mentioned) but apparently the unwashed are singing:

Oh Di Canio you are the love of my life

Oh Di Canio I'd let you shag my wife (sister obvs)

Oh Di Canio .. I want dirty knees too.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Surely we're all used to this by now. It's their typical honey moon period they get everytime they hire a new manager. Interesting to see how they do next season. Also interested to see how Di Canio will do in the summer, my bet is that he'll do shit and his lack of transfer market experience can't be good and like Roy Keane said it's very hard to attract good players to Sunderland. Keano said it's because of the weather and outside influences, but we all know he was lying, it's really because it's a shit club in a shithole of a place. And yes I have been to Mackemland and I can honestly say that it makes the worst parts of Dublin look like paradise.

Hope Everton bring them back down to earth

Really hoping they do but you can't rely on Everton. Just the type of fixture they'd f*** up. Sorry Neil.

They have a horrendous record against Everton don't they? Proper bogey club

1-0 to Sunderland :yao:

:yao:

Just seen their MOTD clip. He's a fucking goon, man. All bravado that the media are absolutely lapping up. Even neutrals on Facebook/Twitter are wanking themselves over him, saying he's class, a legend etc. Yes, he's a passionate bloke, and nothing wrong with that, but he's milking his image like fuck. When the going get's tough he'll look like a clown.

I do find it wholly laughable that the Mackems were affronted when the press dare quiz his fascist leanings and they acted as if it was some sort of media conspiracy. You could fucking hear the collective groan from the local footballing press when Miliband walked away from the table because they knew they'd have to dedicate time and effort to probing his political views. It was only the cack handed way in which Sunderland handled it which kept it alive for so long. Once he said sorry, even if it was a pathetically hollow apology, the issue was dropped.

All the press wanted was what they've had over the past week - a performing monkey who is going to wander into press conferences and act like Mourinho on speed. I suppose it's understandable, you're no good as a journalist if you're not getting copy, but the local football journalists have really shown themselves up here. There was a real story to be told about this man, his political leanings and association with some very dodgy folks but it wouldn't sell newspapers on Wearside.

Guest Roger Kint

Didn't Marty have a something like a 10 game unbeaten streak at the start of his legacy?

At this moment its impossible to tell what he is, give him a few bad games and see how good he is. Bruce and Marty both started well iirc

Whether he comes good or not, they very obviously made the right decision for the situation they faced. They needed to pull themselves out of trouble and beat us, two objectives and they've managed both.

We were more than happy to take a kicking and hope other teams don't win games.

Guest Roger Kint

Whether he comes good or not, they very obviously made the right decision for the situation they faced. They needed to pull themselves out of trouble and beat us, two objectives and they've managed both.

100% they needed that boost and lets face it they couldnt go any worse as it stood. We were picking up the odd point which kept our twat in a job

Yup, we're sat here arguing about whether it's mad to sack a manager with so few games left to go when you're in a relegation fight, and in the meantime they've sacked and replaced their manager, 2 games and 6 points later and they're headed towards safety.

Guest Vinkent

Yup, we're sat here arguing about whether it's mad to sack a manager with so few games left to go when you're in a relegation fight, and in the meantime they've sacked and replaced their manager, 2 games and 6 points later and they're headed towards safety.

It was a monumental gamble for them though. Could have easily backfired (and still technically could). Wouldn't want us taking a seriously risky gamble like that unless we definitely had a far superior replacement lined up. With our current owners and their demands (i.e. they want a yes man for a manager) it's very unlikely that will happen. I wouldn't want us taking the same kind of gamble at this moment tbh

Pardew's ludicrously long contract probably includes a massive redundancy pay-off, which will save him through this (and probably more) sh*t periods. His reaction to this massive retrograde step from last season will be key.

As for the mackems response to last weeks result...I'm beginning to wonder why I pay a mortgage, we all clearly live rent-free in their heads 24/7

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2312057/Sunderland-1-Everton-0--match-report-Di-Canio-effect-continues-Sessegnon-moves-Black-Cats-closer-safety.html

That flag  :anguish: