Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

The booking website says it's leaving at 23:35 at night and gets there at 14:55, so does that mean the date I'm looking at is when it leaves or when most of the flight is and when it lands?

The time you land is always the local time.

No that's not what I mean I don't think neesy.

Like I've asked to go on the 21st, so does that mean the 23:35 is the 21st or the 14:55? I obviously don't want to leave on half 11 the night of the match...

Is this coming back or going there?

The booking website says it's leaving at 23:35 at night and gets there at 14:55, so does that mean the date I'm looking at is when it leaves or when most of the flight is and when it lands?

Like I've asked to go on the 21st, so does that mean the 23:35 is the 21st or the 14:55? I obviously don't want to leave on half 11 the night of the match...

Going there mate.

The first knockout round comes at a pretty decent time, especially if we haven't progressed into the FA Cup 5th Round.

First leg will be the Thursday after Spurs (a), which is a 12.45pm Saturday kickoff.

Second leg will be the Thursday before Southampton (h), which will likely be bumped to a Sunday 3pm slot.

If we're not in the FA Cup there's no game between the ties. We couldn't have done much better really, from that perspective.

:lol: That's the spirit.

:pow:

Have to seek the positives wherever possible. Starts getting trickier if we get through to the last 16, though, with Stoke (h), Europa (a), Wigan (a) and Europa (h) being played within 11 days between 7th March and 17th March.

Guest Roger Kint

Going there mate.

You have to pick the 20th if you want to get there 3 hours before the game on the 21st. Looks like the 19th is the better option so you dont miss out, its a tight one.

Going there mate.

You have to pick the 20th if you want to get there 3 hours before the game on the 21st. Looks like the 19th is the better option so you dont miss out, its a tight one.

Aye, pain in the arse for accomodation like but means can make a better trip out of it.

Guest neesy111

Going there mate.

Aye, pain in the arse for accomodation like but means can make a better trip out of it.

Yeah I think this is correct Sewelly.  Absolute ball crunching one to organize.

Guest Roger Kint

Going there mate.

Yeah I think this is correct Sewelly.  Absolute ball crunching one to organize.

Plenty hotels on tripadvisor, seems most are decent too. Not sure what Kharkiv is like for the fans though. They got a history of being mental or not?

That's a pair of thoroughly gash draws. Can't see us progressing beyond the Last 32 tbh; Pardew will be kicking up a stink at the mileage we've been confronted with. If we get past Metalist and face Anzhi, we'll cover around 8000 miles (according to a quick Google search).

If Pardew wasn't such a pussy about the competition, and we actually built up the squad in January, i'd actually fancy us to win the whole thing - or at least make the latter stages. There's some good teams in the draw, but the Newcastle of last season is very much one of them.

If Pardew wasn't such a pussy about the competition, and we actually built up the squad in January, i'd actually fancy us to win the whole thing - or at least make the latter stages. There's some good teams in the draw, but the Newcastle of last season is very much one of them.

Exactly. I really do despair at his negative attitude towards things at times.

I don't get tired of travelling personally. I always think too much of a big deal is made up about it based on my own experience of it :lol:

At the end of the day, it's not like they cycle or run to the Ukraine from Great Britain. They go to the airport and sit down for a few hours, do some crossword puzzles, listen to some music, watch some films, go to the bog, sit back down, then get off the plane - hardly physically exhausting. :lol:

Exactly. I really do despair at his negative attitude towards things at times.

I've always wondered why football clubs don't even attempt to win the competitions they're in. Guess it's the unbalance of money rendering the sporting competition nearly obsolete.