Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

we just need a favourable draw and we're more than capable of a run in this, when was the last time we got a favourable draw when it counted though?

In all fairness the group we got drew in was probably the best one we could have wished for, and although Metalist weren't a push over, I'm pleased we got them over Atletico, Inter, Lazio, etc etc.

Don't think we've had a bad draw this competition.

I fully believe we can win this. I don't believe Chelsea or Spurs have their hearts set on this and go easily go out when it comes to a better team. Chelsea will probably win their last 16 round but I think Inter might do Spurs. I see a lot of teams to be weary of but scared of there.

Can we win it? yes if we play our best in every single game.

It's about time we gained some luck in this cup, AZ Alkmaar, Lisbon, not forgetting the decision from our first leg of the Metalist tie. It's about time this competition showed us some of the love we show it.

Knockout European Football - in the last 16, an away leg first and a fucking rocking St James Park on the return leg?

The lads will be better acclimated with one another and HBA will be back. This is so damn exciting. I really can't wait for this.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130222/europa-league-round-of-16-latest_2281670_3085063?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

United will be away from home in the first leg, which will take place on Thursday, 7th March. The venue will be confirmed on Friday but current information is that the match will take place at the Luzhniki Stadium, home of Spartak Moscow, with a kick-off of 5pm BST.

A week later, on Thursday, 14th March, St. James' Park will host the second leg. The kick-off time is 8.05pm BST.

GMT

No, not at all, but they're beatable. With our strongest team we'd give any side, other than the absolute elite, a good run over two legs.

:thup:

Quite frankly we have got as far as i expected so anything more is a bonus to me now, but if we beat Anzhi which i don't expect then i might start dreaming.

Guest scottishmag54

I travelled last summer mate watching Dundee United play CSKA and there was no visa waiver for us im afraid took about 10 days to get a visa that was travelling through to the Russian Consulate in edinburgh and I had to complete the form here online before I went http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk/ or there is a number of agencies who will help with this online unless there is going to a special waiver in this case but i doubt it there was a waiver in 2008 for the champions league final where the ticket acted as a visa due to the number of people who travelled was about 500 of us travelled over.

I'm certainly interested in going to this, one of my mates mentioned that there was some kind of Visa waver for football fans travelling as absurd as this sounds is there any truth in it?

Edit:

Interrailing time  :lol:

From Europe

The newly-launched TransEuropeanExpress traverses Europe, making the run Paris-Moscow up to four times a week via Frankfurt, Berlin and Warsaw amgonst other cities. The train boosts a luxury carriage apart from the normal first and second class and national railways provide restaurant cars. Travel from Paris takes 38 hours, fares are quite high with second class tickets at €330.

Several other European cities have direct carriages to Moscow including; Amsterdam (36 h), Basel (38 h), Bratislava (42 h), Budapest (37 h), Nice (49 h, Thursdays) Prague (34 h) and Vienna (34 h).

They only beat Liverpool 1-0 over there and this was Liverpool's team:

01 Jones

16 Coates

23 Carragher

38 Flanagan

47 Wisdom

10 Cole (Assaidi - 77' )

14 Henderson

19 Downing

33 Shelvey Booked

35 Coady (Suso - 61' )

50 Morgan (Pacheco - 61' )

It's winnable!

01 Jones

16 Coates

23 Carragher

38 Flanagan

47 Wisdom

10 Cole (Assaidi - 77' )

14 Henderson

19 Downing

33 Shelvey Booked

35 Coady (Suso - 61' )

It's winnable!

Yes but how strong was there team though?  they could have had half there reserves out as well.

01 Jones

16 Coates

23 Carragher

38 Flanagan

47 Wisdom

10 Cole (Assaidi - 77' )

14 Henderson

19 Downing

33 Shelvey Booked

35 Coady (Suso - 61' )

It's winnable!

Yes but how strong was there team though?  they could have had half there reserves out as well.

Haven't they just signed that Willian from Shakhtar Donetsk in January?