Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All set now. Ajax misses out on a chance for a home final.

To be played March 7 and March 14.

Anzhi Makhachkala v. Newcastle United

Viktoria Plzen v. Fenerbahce

Benfica v. Bordeaux

Stuttgart v. Lazio

Spurs v. Inter

Levante v. Rubin Kazan

Basel v. Zenit

Steaua Bucharest v. Chelsea

If Chelsea continue to take this seriously (which they will), they look far too likely to win the whole thing for me. Disgusting that they are even in it, let alone that they are favourites (IMO) to win it.

They're always good for a shock home defeat here and there due to their awful fans.

If Chelsea continue to take this seriously (which they will), they look far too likely to win the whole thing for me. Disgusting that they are even in it, let alone that they are favourites (IMO) to win it.

They're always good for a shock home defeat here and there due to their awful fans.

I hope you're right like, but they did win the CL last season and they've got by far the best squad out of the teams that are in it IMO. They are liable to be dreadful at times as well though, just have to hope they have a couple of off days in Europe as I would hate to see them win this.

A lot of worry and confusion over here regarding where the anzhi game will/could be played. I haven't the time to read the thread so could anyone give me a summary of what is being said back home?

Definitely Moscow.

A lot of worry and confusion over here regarding where the anzhi game will/could be played. I haven't the time to read the thread so could anyone give me a summary of what is being said back home?

Moscow from what I've gathered due to security issues.

Anzhi have played all their EL games in Moscow (pre-quals at Saturn Stadium, 4 x Lokomotiv Stadium in the groups and the last one at the Luzhniki). Biggest attendance was 15K (half full) at Lokomotiv v Liverpool.

Guest neesy111

Also if your thinking of going you need to apply for your Visa ASAP. 

Guest neesy111

Good thing it's in Moscow. Far safer than Dagestan. And they're unlikely to have loads of supporters in Moscow. Could be a good opportunity to pack the stadium with Mags.

:yao:

Think Zenit and Spurs are the ones we'd be best avoiding if we get through. Chelsea will hopefully get drawn in to a battle for an automatic Champions League place, and I can't see their 'megastars' being that motivated for the EL.

Always wanted to visit Moscow, but not sure as a football fan is the best way to do it.

See your point, but if ever there's a time to visit Moscow as a football fan, surely it'd be when you're there to play a rival of the Moscow teams? No idea whether CSKA and Spartak fans hates Anzhi or not, but chances are that you should have most of Moscow on your side if you do decide to go there.