Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Never heard of any of their players to be honest. I prefer Sporting and Porto anyway thanks to Wor Bobby.

LOL you should know that Bobby publicly said that when he was in Sporting his dream was to manage Benfica and it was a pain for him to live in a flat with a view directly to Estadio da Luz.

Guest Pereira

Just booked my tickets for Benfica away...does most of Portugal speak/understand English/Spanish? i know 0 Portuguese...

Yes, we speak very well nice indeed shake that ass english language :D

So, ticket, flights and hostel all booked.

I'll leave from Faro, Portugal, to Leeds.

Can you tell me the best way to travel from Leeds to Newcastle? I believe it is by train, where can i make online reservations?

Just booked my tickets for Benfica away...does most of Portugal speak/understand English/Spanish? i know 0 Portuguese...

Can you tell me the best way to travel from Leeds to Newcastle? I believe it is by train, where can i make online reservations?

You can get a bus (the 757) straight from Leeds Airport to the station, takes 45mins or so IIRC.

www.eastcoast.co.uk will sort you out with trains. (search Leeds to Newcastle Central)

You can also use the 'collect ticket at station' function so you dont have to pay to get it shipped to portugal.

:thup: just make sure to bring the reservation code / bank card with you.

If there are 4 of you for example would hiring a car not be cheaper/quicker as Leeds Airport is right out of town and it's only about 1.25 hours by car to Newcastle.

Guest Howaythetoon

Never heard of any of their players to be honest. I prefer Sporting and Porto anyway thanks to Wor Bobby.

LOL you should know that Bobby publicly said that when he was in Sporting his dream was to manage Benfica and it was a pain for him to live in a flat with a view directly to Estadio da Luz.

Why would I know that, I couldn't give a fuck about Portugayse football. I very much doubt Sir Bobby would have said that anyway, he wouldn't want to antagonise Sporting fans by saying such things. I think whatever was said, was a case of lost in translation. That or wishful thinking from Bentfica fans?

Guest Howaythetoon

You've never heard of Aimar?

Aye, he plays for them? Anyway, Argie journeyman decent a decade or so ago.

You should be ok. Of course you can't expect everyone to know a foreign language but many of us know a bit of english/spanish.

If someone Bert stares you, start chanting "Glorioso SLB".

Why would I know that, I couldn't give a f*** about Portugayse football. I very much doubt Sir Bobby would have said that anyway, he wouldn't want to antagonise Sporting fans by saying such things. I think whatever was said, was a case of lost in translation. That or wishful thinking from Bentfica fans?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KuuktJh6c8I/T7yUjp9e_aI/AAAAAAAABOY/sLHmTr9Mwdc/s200/misfits.gif

Anybody booked trains from Faro - Lisbon? Do they have to send them out or are they print-off ones?

I'm getting the train - spoke to some Portugese lads who said you'll be able to buy on the day so that's what we're doing. They're only €22 now so even iif it goes up to €30 its not the end of the world.

Guest Pereira

Anybody booked trains from Faro - Lisbon? Do they have to send them out or are they print-off ones?

I'm getting the train - spoke to some Portugese lads who said you'll be able to buy on the day so that's what we're doing. They're only €22 now so even iif it goes up to €30 its not the end of the world.

Portugal have a different train ticket system. Does not matter the time that you buy your ticket, the price is always the same. You can buy a couple of minutes before and still pay 22€.

You have two options, Inter-City and Alfa (close to 30€), the last one is fastest but expensier and you only save 30m.

8€ saved = 8 beers  ;)