Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can any of the Benfica fans put something together about where to drink? Did someone say European away fans tend to gather in the town square?

Is anyone flying Leeds Bradford to Faro on Thursday morning?

Docas was where everyone i know went last time we played Sporting.

Guest aimar10

We're not expecting to win by 5-0, but we are confident that if we play our best team we have a good chance of winning the game. by no means do we think Newcastle is weak, it's just that we've been doing very well in the last games, the team seems to be strong, and well we're playing on our stadium so we hope for a win.

Wish everybody have a safe trip to Portugal, and i hope you enjoy our country, our supporters and our stadium

Portuguese police advice talks about the possibility of refusing stadium entry based on breathalyser tests.

Not seen anything like that at any of Benfica's European games this season.

The Spartak Mosow fans were swigging bottles of vodka just outside the ground, some of them were totally ball bagged and they still got in although I saw one particularly inebriated Russian get hoyed out the Benfica end for being too lairy.

I didn't realise Benfica are unbeaten in the league and have scored in all their games this season bar the home/away fixtures against Barca. They've scored a lot, too.

Unless we significantly up our game the return fixture will be pointless. I'd maybe even advocate a similar tactic to the Anzhi games - stifle them away and try and sneak it at home. Aformentioned scoring record makes this a big task, however.

Tbh i wouldn't really take too much from the league record as Porto are unbeaten too :lol:

I'd like to look at their European record and while impressive isn't as daunting as their league record and there is a few results from inferior teams to ourselves ( at least IMO) i would be happy with.

Tbh i wouldn't really take too much from the league record as Porto are unbeaten too :lol:

I'd like to look at their European record and while impressive isn't as daunting as their league record and there is a few results from inferior teams to ourselves ( at least IMO) i would be happy with.

That's what I did take heart from. The European record isn't invincible. Saying that, it includes Barcelona :lol:

Guest bimpy474

These are a good team no doubt, but Celtic gave them a good game FFS. I'd probably say they're at a level akin to Arsenal, maybe Everton if they rest a few.

I'd say Celtic could beat us, tbh.

Stalybridge Celtic could atm.

These are a good team no doubt, but Celtic gave them a good game FFS. I'd probably say they're at a level akin to Arsenal, maybe Everton if they rest a few.

Only because of our manager though. We have a better team than them without a doubt.

Only because of our manager though. We have a better team than them without a doubt.

Oh aye, absolutely.

Guest bimpy474

Crazy thing is, if we leave scoreless or 1-1 away, beat Fulham, our home tie will be pretty electric and its anyone's bet. Such is the rollercoaster that is our club :lol:

Rollercoaster that never goes up much though :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Naw Bimp!

Think of the ultra anguish on here and then we signed 5 players in a week, beat Villa and then beat Chelsea at home.

Well yes that was an unexpected upward curve.....ploughing downward like a out of control 747 now like :lol:

Nah, i'm liking the lack of positivity across the board though it usually means good things.

That's what I did take heart from. The European record isn't invincible. Saying that, it includes Barcelona :lol:

We lost to Spartak. They're the russian Sunderland (shit gets censored).