Blackburn Rovers vs. Newcastle United - 01/02/12 @ 8pm - Pre-match thread

Fenham Mag

Guest Roger Kint

So who will be CB for them with Nelson gone and Samba training with the kids?  Has the bloke with the dodgy bollock been glued back together yet?  :undecided:

So who will be CB for them with Nelson gone and Samba training with the kids?  Has the bloke with the dodgy bollock been glued back together yet?  :undecided:

Robinson, Orr, Samba, Nelson, Ollson?

Andrews Pederson, Lowe, Ollson?

Modeste, Roberts

Oh er....

Robinson,

Lowe, Givet, Dann, Ollson

Petrovic, Dunn, Pederson, Nzonzi

Goodwillie, Hoilett

1-1 (Hoilett)

So Cabaye is missing then - who plays in his place?

Abeid has travelled btw.

I'd bet Abeid would perform better than Gosling as a holding midfielder, i.e. tackling passing and link up play. Gosling will be more likely to score though and I expect him to get the nod. If he plays we should go for the direct approach IMO.

So Cabaye is missing then - who plays in his place?

Abeid has travelled btw.

I'd bet Abeid would perform better than Gosling as a holding midfielder, i.e. tackling passing and link up play. Gosling will be more likely to score though and I expect him to get the nod. If he plays we should go for the direct approach IMO.

No point playing Ben Arfa then?

Confident for the game what with Newcastle having there problems with missing players.

For me the squad is still reasonably strong and we should have enough in us to beat them.

I'm never too sure who is fit in our defence, but if we can cobble together a good back four then I then I reckon we can win this now that Ba, Cisse, Tiote and Cabaye are out.

2-1 win for Rovers. Not sure who will get the goals for us, though!! Lets say Dunn & Hoilett.

If Andy Bayes is right and no Ba or Cisse -or Tiote and Cabaye is banned (??)....... and Coloccini is struggling.... maybe our first clean sheet and a horrible 0-0 ????

Can't believe the number of supporters thinking this !!!

We will be without, arguably, our two most influential players this season in Samba & Yak. Our attack will be led by either Modeste or Goodwillie.

I think a draw ids best we can hope for.

Our home form is abysmal so anything other than a defeat will be welcome. Rovers played well at Everton and deserved to win so it is important to follow that with another strong performance.

I'll go home happy if we achieve a clean sheet for the first time since goodness knows when.

Guest Roger Kint

Robinson, Orr, Samba, Nelson, Ollson?

Andrews Pederson, Lowe, Ollson?

Modeste, Roberts

Oh er....

Robinson,

Lowe, Givet, Dann, Ollson

Petrovic, Dunn, Pederson, Nzonzi

Goodwillie, Hoilett

1-1 (Hoilett)

This sounds like a cracking game in the making :D

Guest Roger Kint

Krul

Santon  Willo Colo Ferguson

Guthrie Abeid Cabaye

HBA                        Obertan

Best

Cabaye is out

Krul

Santon  Saylor Colo Cissokho

Guthrie Tiote Cabaye

HBA                        Ba

Cissé

Don't be so silly.

Krul

Simpson  Willo  Colo  Santon

Guthrie  Abeid

HBA              Jonas          Best

Shola

Is what I think it will be. I think we should also persist with this change of formation despite last two games as can see potential once we get Tiote, Cisse and Ba in there. Can see Ba playing left or centre with Cisse up front.

He won't (And shouldn't) play 3 centre midfielders, rather Jonas dropped back in there if required.

Krul

Santon  Saylor Colo Cissokho

Guthrie Tiote Cabaye

HBA                        Ba

Cissé

Don't be so silly.

Typical power figure, clamping down on creativity ... ;)

Can someone post the Pardew comments from .cock about attacking more please? Seems positive.

nited boss Alan Pardew is confident his side will make more of an attacking impact as they travel to Blackburn Rovers on Wednesday night in the Premier League (8pm kick-off).

Pardew cut a frustrated figure as his side performed well at Brighton in the FA Cup on Saturday but were unable to find a cutting edge in the final third as they eventually slipped to a 1-0 defeat.

But he insists that will be a different story at Ewood Park, with the Magpies desperate to bounce back to winning ways and keep in touch with the top five.

"We are confident in so much that the performance at Brighton was a good performance in terms of physically and our technical stats," said Pardew.

"It was a game we would have won normally - there was enough chances there.

"The only criticism was what I spoke about after - that we should have perhaps put a bit more percentage ball in the box, and then we would have created a couple more.

"I think that is something we can correct at Blackburn."

And Pardew was full of praise for Rovers boss Steve Kean, who has been subjected to plenty of public criticism this season but has still managed to produce some impressive results.

"I think Steve Kean has done a terrific job just lately with that team," said Newcastle's manager.

"They are a lot stronger and better than they were when we've played them before, and it's going to be a tough game.

"I think they've got stronger and you have to admire him for coming through what was the eye of a storm at that time.

"Now it will be the second half of the season and trying to keep the team in the division, and I hope he does."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120201/pardews-attacking-intent_2281670_2595412

Cheers Skirge. Looking forward to seeing some difference. :thup: