Blackburn Rovers vs. Newcastle United - 01/02/12 @ 8pm - Pre-match thread

Fenham Mag

Guest VaVaVoom

Find out later this afternoon if Cabaye will be missing i suppose.

Really is strange how Ba and Cisse wont be here seeing as their last game was two days ago. Maybe they had to stay with the national team for a de-briefing session or summit.

Krul

Simpson Colo Williamson Santon

Raylor Guthrie Gosling Gutierrez

HBA Best

This is what i'd go with if Cabaye is out like.

I know it's not a popular view around here, but Obertan is definitely a better option than Raylor on the RM for me.

I agree with you  :).

As a complete aside, does anyone know what the crack is with that pub near the ground tomorrow, I'm aware it's closed for refurbishments but I'm sure I read somewhere that the bit outside it is still open and people are allowed to just bring cans and loiter there until match time? It sounds like nonsense but I'm certain I've read that somewhere  :lol:. I have to drive  :dave: but my passengers will definitely want to know.

Krul

HBA Best

I know it's not a popular view around here, but Obertan is definitely a better option than Raylor on the RM for me.

It depends what you're after really.

Raylor gives decent protection to the defence and can actually cross a ball and does so.

Obertan gives us pace on the break and therefore occupies the opposition defence particularly when we are defending a corner and need to break but unfortunately doesn't have the delivery that Raylor does and never gambles by crossing when he can't see an obvious target.

Krul

HBA Best

As a complete aside, does anyone know what the crack is with that pub near the ground tomorrow, I'm aware it's closed for refurbishments but I'm sure I read somewhere that the bit outside it is still open and people are allowed to just bring cans and loiter there until match time? It sounds like nonsense but I'm certain I've read that somewhere  :lol:. I have to drive  :dave: but my passengers will definitely want to know.

It was dot com who said that but they've since taken it off so totally unsure. It seems sensible if people are allowed to meet there but if there is any external work being carried out, it wouldnt be safe. Having lived in Blackburn there isn't much else apart from the area behind the away stand. I know they're opening up the ground early but they can't expect all the fans to just arrive at a night time away game and head straight in, can they? We'd drink the place dry if so and I don't fancy the 'half time crush' for two hours pre match, its bad enough just at half time!

Krul

HBA Best

It was dot com who said that but they've since taken it off so totally unsure. It seems sensible if people are allowed to meet there but if there is any external work being carried out, it wouldnt be safe. Having lived in Blackburn there isn't much else apart from the area behind the away stand. I know they're opening up the ground early but they can't expect all the fans to just arrive at a night time away game and head straight in, can they? We'd drink the place dry if so and I don't fancy the 'half time crush' for two hours pre match, its bad enough just at half time!

Cheers mate, I thought that was where I'd read it! For the league cup match I parked just up the road from the golden cup but we didn't bother going in and just wandered straight to the fernhurst, will probably just go in there this time unless we hear that the fernhurst is definitely opening the outside bit. Fuck spending 2 and a half hours inside the ground before it's even kicked off like :lol:.

Guest VaVaVoom

Another late fitness test for Colo according to Physioroom. :undecided:

Hopefully, it'll be good news tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

It wont be like.