Switching to 4-3-3/4-5-1 permanently.

Shak

I would quite happily see a midfield 3 of Tiote, Cabaye and Gutierrez. Jonas has been excellent for us when he has played in the middle, both as the more advanced player and sitting deeper as he did yesterday. Playing in the centre also means that his relative weakness when it comes to crossing probably wont matter as much.

After seeing the 4-3-3 in practice yesterday, I would very much like to see us use it in the long term. The attacking, the general link up play between the midfield and the forwards and the way we kept the ball............positive and encouraging stuff to see! The potential is certainly there - now we just need the right sort of full backs. If we move Santon to RB and we sign a competent LB, can really see this system becoming really effective and very potent. The future looks bright methinks.

433 is the same as 451 if played with width and having only one striker would be a fail...Massive fail. Ba and Ben Arfa would be wasted. We would only get 75% out of them in the position.

It also means playing Jonas in CM which i dont think would work. He has the engine for it but positionally he is weak in that position.

:laugh2:

Guest NufcBano

Away from home, 4-3-3 looks the most effective formation.

At home, I still lean on the 4-4-2.

As long as Benny is playing, we shall be victorious.

Guest NufcBano

As long as Benny is playing, we shall be victorious.

Mon 12-Mar Arsenal (a)

Sun 04-Mar mackems (h)

Sat 25-Feb Wolves (h)

Sat 21-Jan Fulham (a)

That was then...this is now!

the joy of yesterday was the fluidity was such that apart from the back 4 it was difficuilt to work out a set formation. hope it's a sign for the future and not just a one off.

Not to mention that some of our key players like Cabaye and Ben Arfa look made for this type of system. One of the reasons threads like this have been in evidence all season. I reckon Marveaux is also ideal for a position in this type of formation.

the joy of yesterday was the fluidity was such that apart from the back 4 it was difficuilt to work out a set formation. hope it's a sign for the future and not just a one off.

Think it will be cause we have a player in a free role who can make it work. Pards seemed overjoyed so we might see the end of the hoofball.

Guest icemanblue

I think you could see that the players wanted the formation to work. They seemed to very much enjoy the additional freedom, and the license to express themselves.

The style of football yesterday was like a climax to the occasional experiments we've seen earlier in the season. I'd envisaged something like this after the QPR and Fulham games, so it's reassuring to know that we do have the players to suit it. This fluid 4-3-3 is the direction we need to go in, especially when those front three are on form - like yesterday. Couldn't believe some of the football yesterday, it didn't look like us. The strikeforce is potentially the best i've ever seen for us, and i include Shearer/Bellamy in that.

Can't recall seeing a more efficient counter-attack for the second goal. Who did the one-two with Ben Arfa in our half? Was it Cabaye? Absolutely rapid football, that. West Brom were just left scratching their heads and nursing their arseholes. Was wonderful to watch.

The front six is a Tiote away from being really quite special imo. Can't wait to sort the full-backs out in the summer, too.

The style of football yesterday was like a climax to the occasional experiments we've seen earlier in the season. I'd envisaged something like this after the QPR and Fulham games, so it's reassuring to know that we do have the players to suit it. This fluid 4-3-3 is the direction we need to go in, especially when those front three are on form - like yesterday. Couldn't believe some of the football yesterday, it didn't look like us. The strikeforce is potentially the best i've ever seen for us, and i include Shearer/Bellamy in that.

Can't recall seeing a more efficient counter-attack for the second goal. Who did the one-two with Ben Arfa in our half? Was it Cabaye? Absolutely rapid football, that. West Brom were just left scratching their heads and nursing their arseholes. Was wonderful to watch.

The front six is a Tiote away from being really quite special imo. Can't wait to sort the full-backs out in the summer, too.

To be honest yesterday's game reminded me of the 3-1 win at Goodison in the 01/02 season. Bellamy was on fire that day and Acuna's goal was one of the best counter attacking goals I've seen to this day. Hopefully those good times are coming back.

To be honest yesterday's game reminded me of the 3-1 win at Goodison in the 01/02 season. Bellamy was on fire that day and Acuna's goal was one of the best counter attacking goals I've seen to this day. Hopefully those good times are coming back.

I was thinking along the lines of the 6-2 at home to Everton, but aye - the pace and fluidity was akin to some of the best football under Sir Bobby.

Can't recall seeing a more efficient counter-attack for the second goal. Who did the one-two with Ben Arfa in our half? Was it Cabaye?

Aye, it was Cabaye, who then bust a gut to get up the other end - at the time the pass left to him looked to me to be the better option but thankfully Cisse gave it to HBA.

I was delighted by Cabayes performance, was starting to worry about him because he was going missing. However, we put him in an advanced role and he really benefited from it.

Guest bimpy474

I was delighted by Cabayes performance, was starting to worry about him because he was going missing. However, we put him in an advanced role and he really benefited from it.

Much more comfortable in a three than a two in the centre of the park, not surprising as he himself has stated that he spent nearly his whole career as a youth and senior player playing in a three.

:fwap:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It works better for our individuals. Cabaye can get further forward, Ben Arfa is in a more advanced position without the ball, B and Cisse have the ability to swap around to look for the ball. I like the way we seemed more fluid and compatible.