Blackburn 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 01/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 64

Dave

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Just shows how important it is we have at least one of Tiote/Cabaye in the middle.

Yep, both have an energy and technical ability that most can't get close to.

There was an unbelievable piece of selfishness by Ben Arfa. He had the chance to cross the ball from well inside the penalty area, but kept trying to beat his man time and again, like he was trying to walk it in. He wasted our best situation of the half.

He wants a good kicking.

It wasn't selfishness, it was poor play. He did beat his man and put himself in position to cross, but took a heavy touch.

He had an easy chance to cross the ball with his left foot before that.

Just because he did well to create that situation doesn't excuse him from messing it up. A player with that talent has a responsibility to his team-mates not to misuse it.

I'm not suggesting that he gets subbed, because as others have said, we don't have many attacking options. But he's being a fool to his talent and he needs to realise that.

Guest bimpy474

At least we can't play much worse.

Can we?

I think Shola can reach a new level of shitness, but yeah we're pretty much bound to have a better half. Especially Best have been woeful.

Aye Best has been ubershite.

Just got in. Am I to understand from BBC livetext updates, we're winning, we're playing shit, but Tim Krul is the boss?

Playing shit is far from adequate a description of our poorness.

:scared:

Having taken a breather, to be fair we are missing our main strikers, our main central midfield and one of our main centre halves, that's quite the handicap. Still, no excuse for the fact we can't do the basics/don't seem to have turned up. Don't know what to suggest as our bench is so non-existent. Anyone who can get the ball, keep the ball and pass the ball to players on our own side would be an advantage.

We have no shape whatsoever. Id get HBA off, then put Gosling at CM and go to 4-4-2. Shola needs to come off. I really cant see loven doing much worse. We desperately need something fresh up front.

Going 4-4-1-1 will simply encourage Blackburn even more

err no! wrong, 4-4-1-1 will work a treat , and play two hard working widemen would do it,.  jonas on oneside and raylor on the other  ,.  bring mehdi on,  and take shola off

arfa behind best,    all sorted. 

pardew wont do that becuase he's f***ing clueless

errr no. It would just invite more pressure and we would have no out ball. Best cant run the line himself, he needs to be playing with another striker. We might get more of the ball playing 4-4-1-1 but when weve played HBA and Best together in the 4-4-1-1 (like against Blackburn in FAC at home) it hasnt worked and we've hardly threatened.

This isnt a game to sit back. If we put pressure on them higher up the pitch it will limit them more. They arnt that good, put pressure on them they will make mistakes, give the ball away etc

Guest bimpy474

What happened for the penalty?

Simpson went into the back of someone when challenging for a header.

Said player then dived.

His 4th of game if my memory is correct.