Blackburn 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 01/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 64

Dave

On the way back from the match now, great win for us. Atmosphere was fantastic :thup:

Don't know how they didn't hit the back of the net, could have easily scored 2 or 3. Shola was horrific for us but I thought Best had a decent game, much better than his performance vs Brighton. Perch was fantastic when he came on and it was a great decision to bring Obertan on at the end. Their right back was absolutely knackered and he just done him everytime with his pace. Krul made some vital saves as well, penalty save could be a massive point in our season. 3 hours drive back now but well worth it! :)

What a pile of s**** that was. Can't grumble with the points though. I despair that Shola Ameobi is an NUFC player. Best was on his way yesteray and starts tonight?!?

Awful performance from them both - their inability to hold the ball gave away the posession far too easily and offered nothing as an attacking force yet again.

Roll on Ba and Demba 'Capt Offside' Cisse.

It will be good to have them as options but we'll need to step up our performance behind them because our lack of creativity tonight was as bad as you'll see in the Premiership.

It's not like the supply to Ba has been terrific this season, but when you have quality like that up front, they create chances out of nothing. All of the sudden we'll have some movement up front and someone to aim for, it'll make a massive difference.

Best looks far better with a competent striker to play alongside.

How fucking bent is that Dowd. Disgusting. One of those 'look at me refs' if ever there was one. Never just gets on with quietly officiating a game - always playing up to the cameras and crowd, the fat fucking prick.

No bother. I remember that day, goal and 'celebration' like it was yesterday. 4000 of us going mad at the end. :)

Aye me too. Mental.

For some reason, everyone (around me anyway) was celebrating whilst singing the ' da da da da, da da da da... ' start from Suzanne Vega's song Tom's Diner

Magic day :laugh:

How many did we take down there tonight ?

Yup - remember the song as well. Went down on the Armstrong Galley buses from the supporters shop at the Haymarket. Journey back home was terrific. :)

Can't believe people are giving so many players 6s and 7s.

Krul and Colo are the only players worth anything like that IMO, even though they were our best players they had some iffy moments.

That was an ugly, turgid match where we were simply awful. But, based on that performance, Blackburn are going down faster than lightning. 2-0 is extremely flattering. Also, the ref was going out of his way to get Blackburn a point there......terrible stuff.

:thup: Coloccini, Krul, Guthrie

:thdn: Shola, Best

Obertan should be used as an impact sub and Shola as an emergency defender isn't that bad of an idea (he couldnt be worse than upfront).

5th in the league :frantic:

BBC Radio 5 live's Colin McNamara at Ewood Park: "Steve Kean confirms to me that Chris Samba was available & wanted to play v NUFC, but Kean left him out. Steve Kean also tells me that he will sit down with Chris Samba tomorrow to discuss future plans."

Thanks Steve. :thup:

Simpson needs to concentrate on keeping inline with the rest of the back 4 as he played them onside 3 times tonight by being a good yard behind everyone else.

Simpson was balls. I know it's become a cliché to slate him for backing off, but he literally does nothing to stop attackers getting by him. There's virtually no point in him being there.