Blackburn 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 01/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 64

Dave

Definitely not the greatest performance, but very tenacious in the second half.

Do love the way these lads throw their bodies in the way, and were chasing the ball down in packs at the end.

Guest firetotheworks

Kid Icarus looks to been have avoiding the board due to a chronic glue addiction.

Ay? Everyone bar Krul was poor tonight, even Colo included. He was beaten quite a few times in the air, had a couple of hair raising moments of losing a runner or slipping, and his passing was off. I still adore him like, but if he's poor then he's poor. There's no point in sugarcoating it because of his reputation.

So disappointing to see all of the ridiculously row ratings. We won 2-0 ffs, some people were giving consensus higher ratings for the team after the Fulham match. Get some perspective. The main target as usual is Simpson, who actually had one block of the line, a number of good interceptions that he put out for corners and throw-ins. This does not constitute an awful performance.

So disappointing to see all of the ridiculously row ratings. We won 2-0 ffs, some people were giving consensus higher ratings for the team after the Fulham match. Get some perspective. The main target as usual is Simpson, who actually had one block of the line, a number of good interceptions that he put out for corners and throw-ins. This does not constitute an awful performance.

I honestly think people are being generous with the ratings.

Kid Icarus looks to been have avoiding the board due to a chronic glue addiction.

Ay? Everyone bar Krul was poor tonight, even Colo included. He was beaten quite a few times in the air, had a couple of hair raising moments of losing a runner or slipping, and his passing was off. I still adore him like, but if he's poor then he's poor. There's no point in sugarcoating it because of his reputation.

I thought he was poor->mediocre for the most part tonight, with the odd goal saving moment. Those goal saving moments give him at least a 6 imo.

Agree. I think the median should be ~5

Jonas outfield MOM? I love him as much as anyone but he did bot all tonight. 

Fair do's on your Colo comment although I'd have said he was the pick a poor bunch, Krul aside. Santon more than him too? Nah.

Maybe I'm generally too generous, I don't know. But the way I see it against Blackburn they will pump long balls at you for the entire game, which results in the inevitable scrambled hoof clearances. That is the right thing to do, but it means it's very hard for other players to get into the game, or to get a sustained period of pressure/possession.

Amazing result and despite carrying players who just don't look up to this league you just have to admire the tenacity they showed to come out with 3 points.

We were second best for the most part but the abysmal and home biased refreeing did not help. Hoillet was a disgrace and should be taken to task by the FA for blatant cheating. Mentions for Krul,Simpson,Colo,Guthrie and Perch - who hasn't done much wrong when he's played in CM.

Five big players to come back, can't happen soon enough.

Agree. I think the median should be ~5

I'll be honest, have always used FM as a guide.

Maybe I'm generally too generous, I don't know. But the way I see it against Blackburn they will pump long balls at you for the entire game, which results in the inevitable scrambled hoof clearances. That is the right thing to do, but it means it's very hard for other players to get into the game, or to get a sustained period of pressure/possession.

They hoof the balled up the pitch all night AND managed to dominate possession for long periods. They out played us everywhere. We were total unadulterated shite. I've never seen a team fuck up so many chances, and they did fuck the majority of them up, rather than it being anything heroic that our boys did.

They hoof the balled up the pitch all night AND managed to dominate possession for long periods. They out played us everywhere. We were total unadulterated shite. I've never seen a team fuck up so many chances, and they did fuck the majority of them up, rather than it being anything heroic that our boys did.

We were well on top up until we scored, and then just sat back for 80 minutes. Almost like we wanted to invite pressure because we didn't take them seriously as a threat. They missed some sitters, but there was a few 'heroic' moments, Coloccinis block of Modeste in the first half, Simpson off the line, Kruls Penalty save, Perch's diving block in the second. We were very disjointed but my point is I think playing against Blackburn does that to most teams.

All I know is you just won 2-0 away from home without either of your main strikers and without either of your first choice central midfielders. :dontknow:

And a first-choice centre back.

Just saying ;)

Guest firetotheworks

Fair do's on your Colo comment although I'd have said he was the pick a poor bunch, Krul aside. Santon more than him too? Nah.

It's all how you see it I guess. For me Jonas worked his arse off and was the only one who could keep hold of it under pressure, especially when he had no one supporting him. As for Santon I thought he looked our best attacking threat, which isnt saying much, while being generally okay at the back.

It's all how you see it I guess. For me Jonas worked his arse off and was the only one who could keep hold of it under pressure, especially when he had no one supporting him. As for Santon I thought he looked our best attacking threat, which isnt saying much, while being generally okay at the back.

I don't agree but fair enough. As you alude to though, a sorry set of circumstances aside from the result.