Tottenham Hotspur Vs Newcastle United- 11/02/12 @ 5:30pm (ESPN) Pre-match thread

Fenham Mag

Verdict on Redknapp is due tomorrow isn't it? If he is guilty will sentencing be delayed at all?

I would imagine sentencing will be at a later date.

Verdict on Redknapp is due tomorrow isn't it? If he is guilty will sentencing be delayed at all?

Aye tomorrow. Hope sentence not delayed. It will knock them all over the place I reckon if guilty. Sadly I can see him getting away with it.

Guest bimpy474

It is sometimes isn't it, if he is going to prison he will know as the judge will tell him tomorrow, sentencing will happen a couple of weeks later, never quite sure with these things though.

Guest bimpy474

I can't help but think we'll score at least one goal with the Dembas up top. Just need to keep it extremely tight at the back and I think we have a chance of getting a decent point.

Central midfield worrys me, you can get away with it at Blackburn, home games also against the likes of Villa, but its a whole different thing to do it at Spurs.

I can't help but think we'll score at least one goal with the Dembas up top. Just need to keep it extremely tight at the back and I think we have a chance of getting a decent point.

Central midfield worrys me, you can get away with it at Blackburn, home games also against the likes of Villa, but its a whole different thing to do it at Spurs.

Tbf Parker and Livermore aint great  :lol: as i said earlier Modric in an advanced role isnt a tenth of the player that he is in his usual deep role......

If Parker and Livermore are the central pairing then i think we can match them.....

I am just praying VDV is'nt back, not just because of him as a player but it will allow Modric to play his usual role and then the midfield becomes a major issue again.

Indeed. It will be very difficult for Guthrie to control the game as he did against Villa. Spurs' midfield is the most effective in the league along with Man City's imo, so I can't see us winning that battle. As I said - we need to defend excellently and rely on the Dembas to get a goal to come away with anything.

Either way just having those two up front for us totally changes the complexion of the game. Spurs will have to be absolutely on their guard for 90 mins and they give us a chance to get something when normally you'd expect a routine loss. We may well geat beat but its great having the weapons in the side to cause them some real shit.

If we somehow won this match it really would put the cat amongst the pigeons. Can't see it like, but there's always a chance.

I just hope we go there and try to take the game to them instead of sitting back scared and letting them pick us off.

Guest bimpy474

Tbf Parker and Livermore aint great  :lol: as i said earlier Modric in an advanced role isnt a tenth of the player that he is in his usual deep role......

If Parker and Livermore are the central pairing then i think we can match them.....

I am just praying VDV is'nt back, not just because of him as a player but it will allow Modric to play his usual role and then the midfield becomes a major issue again.

Aye it does depend a bit on who comes back for them.......so frustrating that Cabaye and Tiote arent available.

If we somehow won this match it really would put the cat amongst the pigeons. Can't see it like, but there's always a chance.

I just hope we go there and try to take the game to them instead of sitting back scared and letting them pick us off.

I hope Pardew means what he said earlier. All pressure is on them, we can have a real go, expected to lose in any case

Guest bimpy474

Yeah at least have a go, if we are going to lose dont do it meekly, do it giving them a proper game.

Aye it does depend a bit on who comes back for them.......so frustrating that Cabaye and Tiote arent available.

Even Cabaye would have made a huge difference, all for a bloody FA Cup tie that we lost :angry:

I think the rest will do Cabaye good anyway and we'll be better for it. Bloke played 50-odd games last calender year  :kasper:

:thup:. blow certainly softened by 6/6 from 2 games we could have easily dropped points

Guest bimpy474

Even Cabaye would have made a huge difference, all for a bloody FA Cup tie that we lost :angry:

Awww even more frustrating :(